Looking for an incredible RDA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I am looking for a new rda. I am currently using KFL+'s at work and a Zenith V1 at home (both on Stingrays). I have a 50w regulated box mod coming and want to get a new atty for it. Looking for something that can handle dual/quad coil builds. Happy to pay for quality (i.e.- no clone suggestions). Will be used mostly for chain vaping around 0.2-0.3ohm. Any opinions?

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
Magma is awesome! Love mine. But it would not be easy to build quad coils on it. You'll have to do 1 coil on top of the other and probably not go any lower than 28 gauge to fit 4 wires through a single hole. Plume veil with the Helios style 4 hole posts would be easier for quad coil. Another option is the Mephisto. I haven't played with one, but the size of those post holes looks awesome.

One atty I am really considering is the CLT. Seems to have taken a lot of the things I like about other attys and frakenatty'd them together.

SmokingMonkey

Jul 23, 2014
United States
One atty I am really considering is the CLT. Seems to have taken a lot of the things I like about other attys and frakenatty'd them together.

I have the clt. The thing is a boss. Best rda I own hands down. The ease of build and airflow are great. The only downside is you can't build single coils with that airflow really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
I have authentic magmas and an authentic tobh. I've found my magma is much more a beast for flavor over the tobh but at .8. I haven't been a fan of the magma at anything below .8. That being said it's my favorite atty. Enough so that I have two of them.

The tobh is a beast with dual coils and it definitly handles the lower ohms better than the magma does. But the flavor isn't as awesome as the magma. I get better clouds with the tobh but I typically am not a cloud chaser.

I've never used or seen a plume veil but they are all the rage currently. So that may be the route for you.
IMHO the magma is the best but everything is subjective and I personally wouldn't recommend it at .2. Someone may think differently

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I have the new version of the Plume Veil on order at my local B&M. They are unsure when they are coming in (hoping for this week). Still trying to track down a TOBH.

I hate to say it but if you are having heat issues transfering to the top of your mod with the Zenith V1, you might have it with the Plume Veil as well. I have noticed this recently using it on my authentic Nemesis.

I don't have the deck touching the top of the mod but it is damn close.

I don't know about the v2.5 or whatever is out now but my v1 has a super long 510 connection.

When chain vaping with it with a .41Ω dual set up, it does tend to get the top of my mod pretty warm. It actually concerned me so much so that I removed my battery to see if it was causing the mod to heat up. Nope, battery was no more than room temp.

Still, I love this RDA.

Come Monday or early next week, I am to receive 3 new RDAs. A Magma clone, a TOBH clone and a CLT by Infinite so I'll have something else besides my modified TOBH clone to compare it to. I can't wait to see how the Magma compares with those deep wells it has. If it's comparable to the Plume Veil (which I believe it will be), I'll be purchasing an authentic.

I'll probably get an authentic TOBH as well as I have found them to be to my liking. Does anyone know a trusted website where I can get an authentic TOBH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread