Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
Looking for one that's easy to build on, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and is great for flavor. Not super concerned about trying to blow clouds, just in it for the flavor. I love my tanks (Meshpro and a falcon) but always got better flavor from rda. My CLT finally bit the dust so I'm kind of at a loss as to what is good since it's been about 4 years since I've bought an rda.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If you enjoy mesh subohm tanks, ever consider a mesh RDA? Running thread on the Wotofo Profile if interested.

WOFOTO Profile RDA

The Profile is super easy to build and offers great flavour. Just have to ensure the wick is tightly packed, avoiding any voids between the cotton and mesh which can lead to dry burns. Don’t own the Falcon, but I subjectively feel the Profile betters the Mesh Pro tank.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @TheProphet, I don't know if Thunderhead Creations Tauren SOLO may interest you.

Easy to build, flavor is decent in my opinion, seem to cope well with a high mass coil and they can create a fair amount of vapour. Damded thing set my Smoke alarm off.

The Stainless Steel version can be yours for only $18.25, from fasttech using MAP code at checkout.

Hope you find what you're looking for though.

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I hadn't given much thought to a mesh RDA, not sure how those work tbh. I haven't vaped much and kept up with the tech since 2015. I just have the 2 mesh tanks because that's what my local shop recommended.

Works like typical coil except uses a mesh strip instead of a wound up piece of wire. You form the mesh with the included tool, install it on the deck and feed the cotton through, trimming off the ends. It does require the use of more cotton, approx. 3 to 4x that of a 3mm coil, but the cotton lasts so much longer sans any dry burns. And you could extend this longevity if you use Rayon if you wish.

You can squonk with the RDA or just drip.

Additional mesh strips from both Wotofo or OFRF are very reasonable in price or you can purchase a spool of mesh and cut your own. The RDA can even accept a regular coil should you wish to give that a shot.

It is a fixed system meaning there is no toying around with coil placement. The mesh can only be installed in one way. As long as your wick is tightly packed under the mesh, it is near impossible to get it wrong.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If you enjoy mesh subohm tanks, ever consider a mesh RDA? Running thread on the Wotofo Profile if interested.

WOFOTO Profile RDA

The Profile is super easy to build and offers great flavour. Just have to ensure the wick is tightly packed, avoiding any voids between the cotton and mesh which can lead to dry burns. Don’t own the Falcon, but I subjectively feel the Profile betters the Mesh Pro tank.

^^^ AGREE ^^^
Have 9 WPM RDA's on 18650 mech squonk, mech dual para batt squonk and 21700 regulated squonk mods... love them.

And @TheProphet, if a 'tank' mesh atty appeals to you, the Wotofo Profile Unity RTA is a winner as well.
Have 2 of the WPU RTA's running on duel series TC mods.

WPM
profileP67ss.jpg DS-ProfileS.jpg

WPU
213WPU2.jpg

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
I'm currently using a Sigelei 200w mod. Always wanted a squonker but never took the plunge. Want to stay away from RTAs, never had luck with them back when Kayfuns were big, always had them leak super bad. I like the Tauren Solo but want something I can run 2 coils on instead of 1. Is there a full size version perhaps? My brother has the Dead Rabbit and likes it but I want something a little different. Bonus points for a center T-post like the old Infinite CLTs had.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I had the same bad experience with some of the RTA's back in my TC mod days, but not with these WPU's. Easy to build, no leaks at all. In my coil days I also preferred dual coils. But I didn't need 2 coils anymore when I went the mesh route. Mesh is all I vape now days, have 23 mesh atty's and a 24th one on the way.

Last edited:

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
New to vaping and have been trying various combo's...my current favorite is the Beserker RDA with a Pulse 90 mod using TC. I figure why chase clouds and burn juice when all I need is the flavor and a dash of nic. I also use a sub-ohm Profile RDA mesh which really hits on flavor...so much so I find it almost too much and can alter the juice flavor...or so it seems.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are so many good options nowadays, it's awful hard to make a choice.

For flavor and ease of use, a doggy style clone (they have a topfill version now which is nice) from FT. They are fairly adjustable and to get them to leak you have to split a plastic tank or something (which I have done, actually) but they are non leakers.

The ephro true is fantastic, a bit trickier to get wicking right, and a very MTL vape. It has a bubble tank for larger capacity but I'm not sure it's needed. This sucker does not burn through a ton of vape. Airflow pretty darn closed off.

The Siren V2 is a super easy atty to build at first, won't break the bank. Too airy for some, personally I run it airflow wide open and it's more of a restricted lung hit. I LOVE this atomizer, it was the first RTA I bought that didn't leak everywhere (to be fair, I also switched to rayon around that time.)

Cthulu mini: nice. Again, airflow options sort of restricted. Good flavor tank.

There are about a jillion others. I must say, for me the best advice for getting into RTAs was to try some clones. I honed my skill on things that at least made me feel like, "I didn't spend much" while I failed at using them. Full disclosure, RTAs are hard for me I have a fine motor tremor but I have made it work. Usually.

Anna

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Since you have asked for RDA recommendations, even posting it in the RDA section-- I won't suggest RTAs lol.

A couple of great RDAs are the Chief King or the Twisted Messes TM24 pro series. Another great RDA that a lot of people love is the Apocalypse. The Apocalypse v2 is being sold at Florida Vapor Supply for $15.
Apocalypse RDA

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The questions that crop up with rdas are MTL, RDL, or DL, and to squonk or not to squonk.

Other tertiary stuff is RDTAs which vape and wick like RDAs but have a small tank, and RTAs which behave like RDAs (and are generally gigantic)

So let’s start with some further refinement:
To squonk or not to squonk; that is the question.

Reactions: DeloresRose

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I like the Magma and the Snap Dragon RDA's.
Could read:
RDA - Magma RDA From Paradigm
I kind of like the magma too. It’s a very R RDL atty. Almost airy MTL. It’s got an extremely small hemispherical vape chamber with a whole lot of metal to act as a heat sink, making for a warmer vape than would be the case for something of its size. The deck is primitive and dual coil only. It will not take exotic wire at all. The holes are too small.

These together make for a very flavorful RDL that acts a lot like a tiny tiny DL vape. Sort of.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
^^^ AGREE ^^^
Have 9 WPM RDA's on 18650 mech squonk, mech dual para batt squonk and 21700 regulated squonk mods... love them.

And @TheProphet, if a 'tank' mesh atty appeals to you, the Wotofo Profile Unity RTA is a winner as well.
Have 2 of the WPU RTA's running on duel series TC mods.

WPM
View attachment 811735 View attachment 811737

WPU
View attachment 811739
Spydro I have been thinking of grabbing a profile rda to give it a whirl the only thing that I'm hesitant about is I have heard that mesh has very little throat hit. Throat hit is pretty much the reason I vape with flavor coming in a close second. I restricted direct lung 12mg nic and mtl 18mg nic both on 50/50 blends to maximize throat hit. I know you vape zero nic but have you noticed whether mesh has a reduced throat hit to standard wire

• Agree
Reactions: tdman77

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Spydro I have been thinking of grabbing a profile rda to give it a whirl the only thing that I'm hesitant about is I have heard that mesh has very little throat hit. Throat hit is pretty much the reason I vape with flavor coming in a close second. I restricted direct lung 12mg nic and mtl 18mg nic both on 50/50 blends to maximize throat hit. I know you vape zero nic but have you noticed whether mesh has a reduced throat hit to standard wire

Throat hit has never been a goal at all in the 6+ years I have been vaping. I'm all about dense flavor rich vapor. So I have never paid much attention to TH. Not even in the very early days when I did vape some premades as I learned DIY. At the time 6mg was the lowest offered from most vendors, are what I bought. But they were only used on coil gear until the DIY started to come together nicely. So I can't give you a definitive answer on their TH differences. Can suggest that I DIY VG Heavy and like wide open air for my DLH's, and they both would suppress the TH. Higher power/temperature would drive TH up. So would menthol, mint and citrus flavors.

With the Wotofo Profile Unity Mesh RTA's (WPU's) at 110%, they are every bit as good as the Wotofo Profiles Mesh RDA's (WPM's) in the clouds of dense flavor rich vapor department. As the new kids on the block here the WPU's are seeing more use than some of the WPM's right now (and a third WPU will be here next week).

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
@Sed8op8 You are correct about the Profile RDA. I have one and it has great flavor and vapor, but it is a cool vape with very little throat hit. I like a vape that is warm and saturated with a good throat hit and the profile just doesn't do it for the way I like to vape. My got to RDAs are the Krma and Wasp Nano.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Own several Profiles and a Unity – they are by far my most preferred atomizer. Will agree that they do not get as hot as their coil counterparts. Feeding the mesh full of power it’s heat does not scale in the same fashion as a typical coil – especially ones of higher mass. The Unity RTA is a little warmer than the Profile RDA at the same output, but it also employs a different airflow and a reduced chamber. If you enjoy a hot vape, perhaps mesh is not the best choice….at least the not Profile. But I guess the term “hot” could be subjective and perceived differently from person to person. However, I do not find the throat hit to be that different than a typical coil using the same e-juice assuming the temperatures are relatively close. Grant it I do find that perception does change once you start turning up the heat.

@Sed8op8 – I do not use the Profile (or the Unity) as a restricted lung nor do I vape that high of nicotine so difficult to say whether the RDA would be to your liking or not. Only one way to find out and that is to try for yourself….that is if you are willing to take the gamble.

• Agree
Reactions: tdman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread