Looking for Cheaper Smaller Alternative to the Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

madduxsports

May 5, 2011
chicago
I started with the EGO and liked it, after a month or so I wanted to take it up a little bit and ended up picking up a provari. I absolutely love it and cant even use the EGO anymore since it feels like I am getting nothing compared to Provari. I never cared how big it was or how it just looked like a big pipe bomb sticking out of my mouth but I have a friend that would like to try and quit smoking and is asking me for my recommendation. I know she isn't going to want to walk around with something as big out there as the provari so I was wondering if there was any type of new ecigs that people are using that will give her a little more voltage power than the EGO. I am only smoking it at 4.2 so are there any new goodies out there with a little higher voltage than the EGO?

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Well there is the ego twist 650mah and 1000mah. Both are no bigger than the other ego's. But Provari makes a mine version. ProVari Mini Variable Voltage Ecig: Best Variable Voltage E Cig Available!
I have an ego twist 1000 that I still use, a passthrough and the latest Provari standard lenght. The provari is about twice the diameter of the twist. The twist is very simple to use but I have a hard time reading the numbers cuz i'm old and my eyesight sucks. LOL

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
For a beginner vaper i'm definitely going to have to parrot the ego twist line. The spinners look nice too, I just haven't used one so I can't put my personal stamp of approval on it. The Twist will always have value to any vaper, heck I brought one to work tonight instead of my Provari and I was ok with it. Wish it had a bit longer cutoff but you can always cheat that a bit too.

madduxsports

May 5, 2011
chicago
Thanks guys just watched a youtube vid on the EGO twist and it sounds like that would work great for her. I will check out the spinner as well before telling her my opinion. It is amazing how far ecigs have come just since I last purchased one, variable voltage ego for $25? Thats crazy, I may just pick one up for myself so my wife stops leaching off my provari.

One more question, any thoughts on what kind of tank or cart she should use. For someone like me I dont have a problem with popping a tip off of a boge cart and dripping some juice in, but for someone new that is used to just firing up a cig that could a slight turn off. I saw some glass tanks which I had considered in the past but feared it would fall out of my pocket or kids bump a table and then my ecig and tank crashes to the ground and shatters everywhere. What are most people using these days? Are glass tanks a better vape than the boge carts?

4matic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
CA
Thanks guys just watched a youtube vid on the EGO twist and it sounds like that would work great for her. I will check out the spinner as well before telling her my opinion. It is amazing how far ecigs have come just since I last purchased one, variable voltage ego for $25? Thats crazy, I may just pick one up for myself so my wife stops leaching off my provari.

One more question, any thoughts on what kind of tank or cart she should use. For someone like me I dont have a problem with popping a tip off of a boge cart and dripping some juice in, but for someone new that is used to just firing up a cig that could a slight turn off. I saw some glass tanks which I had considered in the past but feared it would fall out of my pocket or kids bump a table and then my ecig and tank crashes to the ground and shatters everywhere. What are most people using these days? Are glass tanks a better vape than the boge carts?

vivi nova mini or standard! (the mini looks more streamlined with the ego battery)

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
the vivi tanks are the most user friendly, cheap and easy to replace units ive found.
dct tanks take a bit of tinkering and the stardusts i have never had much luck with... dont know why but seems to burn juice really quick even on low settings.

Been thinkin' about try a DCT cuz everyone seems to rave about them. However, I don't
see the point in having to pull a full carto out for replacement and losing all the joose dontknow2.gif

s§sZAN

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
www.juiceray.com
I had been looking at this little gripper and it has good reviews. I have seen it as $40. What's nice is the fact it takes a 18650 batt.
The only draw back is the plastic batt door which you need to be careful with and the case seams which run through the 510. If I bought this I would seal the seam with crazy glue or something. GL

18650 VV Gripper

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Been thinkin' about try a DCT cuz everyone seems to rave about them. However, I don't
    see the point in having to pull a full carto out for replacement and losing all the joose View attachment 141515

Tanks wouldn't be as popular as they are if this was the case. Youtube shows the "hot swap" where you just slide the new carto in behind the old, or push it down an use a syringe to empty.

I use a Momnpop side-fill tank and just suck the juice out with a bottle.

Dredlok

Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Tanks wouldn't be as popular as they are if this was the case. Youtube shows the "hot swap" where you just slide the new carto in behind the old, or push it down an use a syringe to empty.

I use a Momnpop side-fill tank and just suck the juice out with a bottle.

I "hot" swap my cartos out when my tanks are full of juice using the method described above without any issues. Just use the new carto to push the old tank out and you don't loose but maybe a single drop - if that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread