Not open for further replies.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
That was the best statement you made. I quit a 50 year habit last January using Evod. Two tanks, two batteries. They don't last long. Keep one on charger. $40.00 plus a 30 mg bottle of juice if my choice. I started at 18 mg on nic and it was too harsh. I now use a mvp2 with a nautilus tank and a aero tank. I buy 90mg of juice at $45.00 a month. After buying a carton of cigs at$50.00 a week I am saving a bunch including my life. I am on SSN and get paid once a month. There are ways to save money and Ecigs are the best over cigs. Oh and I am at 8 mg of nic now. Get the flavors you like to munch on, double chocolate mint stops my eating junk which saved on food bills and I have lost weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just awesome to hear Jan. I'm happy to hear such a success and saving $$ is a win! :)

That's just awesome to hear Jan. I'm happy to hear such a success and saving $$ is a win! :)

Good luck with your new life. It starts today. If you have any questions, I check tapatalk
At least twice a day. Would be glad to help or point you in the right direction.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The cheapest way to vape would be

1: DIY liquid: PG and VG are both cheap, and source your nicotine from a reputable place; a 100ml bottle of nicotine would go a long way when starting out.

2: Power: an 18650 mech with a kick; but you've already ordered an mvp2 which is much better for starting out and plugs into usb to charge.
Ultra cheap would be like a mini-vv-usb passthrough cable - no battery to buy, but you're plugged into the wall.

3: An rda: have a look at the magma rda; very simple.

You'll need to buy a roll of kanthal for your rda;

Instead of an rda, you can look for an rta which has a tank - such as a kayfun; (an rda has no tank; you squirt in some juice and vape for 5 or 10 minutes- maybe an hour depending on the rda).

If you don't need to go ultra cheap you can buy a clearomiser like the mini aerotank or miniprotank, or a nautilus with the new bvc coils, but just as you have been buying cartridges, clearomizers need to replace the coil head.
Many people run protank coil heads for a month by rewicking, or indefinitely by recoiling. But the coil is a pretty small think; on the other hand if you have good eyes and good with the fine fingerwork I guess that could work out even cheaper than getting a proper rda for rta which are more expensive as initial cost.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
i see you grabbed an mvp v2 :) that's a great choice....it's a step above a starting device but not complicated to figure out.
as for juice I recommend MadTown Vapor: E-Cigarettes, E-Juice, & Accessories in Madison, WI can get a 15ml of juice for $5

if you are wanting to look into DIY please check out the DIY E-Liquid and make sure to read all the stickies
then download the eJuice Me Up Calculator

the cheapest pg and vg I've found (8lbs roughly = 1 gallon)
VG and PG

also when you get a tank try to stick to glass or metal. Some juices will eat through plastic.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I don`t think you`ll like the taste of 100 mg nic.

Beyond that, nicotine intoxication is extremely difficult to judge. With 100mg juice it may very well kill you before you even know whats happening.

But hey, if you make it out alive and just permanently green, that`s great, :?) I bet it`s a great way to quite for good. :?)

SamJohnson

Oct 9, 2014
Hey, is my MVP broken? It doesn't work most of the time. When I press the button 3 times then press and hold, most of the time nothing happens, no sound is made, and no vapor comes out. Other times I press and hold the button, I hear the atomizer working, and vapor does come out.

This is extremely frustrating considered I payed $40 for this device. Am I doing anything wrong or is it broken? Also, I did charge the battery, but nothing is any different.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Are you using the tank that came with it? If your MVP is turned on and not firing, it is probably because the tank is not making contact with the center pin. If you push the P and the U buttons together does it say NON? You probably pushed the center pin too far down by over tightening your tank. Try taking a very small screw driver or maybe a paper clip and gently prying the center pin up. It just has to come up a very tiny bit Once you get it up, only screw your tank down until you feel slight resistance.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Hey, is my MVP broken? It doesn't work most of the time. When I press the button 3 times then press and hold, most of the time nothing happens, no sound is made, and no vapor comes out. Other times I press and hold the button, I hear the atomizer working, and vapor does come out.

This is extremely frustrating considered I payed $40 for this device. Am I doing anything wrong or is it broken? Also, I did charge the battery, but nothing is any different.

I have two MVPs, and here is how mine work.. To turn the MVP on, at least the ones I have, you have to press the button 3 times pretty quickly, then it will flash through red, yellow, green. Then quickly push the button 3 times again, with the same light pattern. Then the device is "on". In other words, I push my button 3 times, TWICE, to turn it on. After that, you press and hold the button to vape.

Give it a try and let me know.

Good luck with your new life. It starts today. If you have any questions, I check tapatalk
At least twice a day. Would be glad to help or point you in the right direction.

Thank you for sharing. I am so happy I found vaping and have full support from hubby. Finding this forum has helped so much to know so many people share vaping ideas and are so happy to help. New life, here I come. Now to find a way to Vape and ride my Harley. Only have two hands.

Thank you for sharing with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread