The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for good VG & PG Bases

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by MarylinC, Dec 29, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MarylinC

MarylinC Full Member

Feb 25, 2014
    London, UK
    Hello peeps.

I'm in the UK and want to try DIY mixing. Although I've found tons of good advice for recipes and flavour concentrates the one thing I haven't found so far is which VG and PG bases are the best brands to buy and where to get them in the UK.

I thought about mixing my own liquid about 4 years ago when Liberty Flights were seen as the big name in DIY mixing but when I got their VG base it smelt and tasted so awful I gave up but now as things have moved on and improved so much I thought I'd try again. My recipes will be a 70/30 VG/PG mix and as the flavours are all PG I need to use a high proportion of VG base to get the mix right but don't want another bad experience with bad tasting VG base spoiling a good recipe.

We do get a lot of US brands on sale in the UK so there's a good chance I can find any good brands from your side of the pond.

2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. MarylinC

MarylinC Full Member

Feb 25, 2014
    London, UK
    Thanks sonic. I've decided to stick to 18mg Nic Shots rather than trying to handle the 72mg stuff and I'm only going to buy 10 bottles at a time as I'm not a really heavy vaper. I've got a decent garden shed which will provide a perfect cool dark place to store it rather than freezing it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I have used Nicotine River for VG, it smells like nothiing, tastes vaguely sweet I got a 2.5 gallon vat (??? yeah I don't know why either, and I ALSO don't know why they sent it in ONE vat, LOL, I could barely LIFT it the first year.) So far, so good, still good. I store it in a dark place which I guess is coolish. 70 degrees or so.

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.