Looking for help with flavoring vendor choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

samslice

Sep 7, 2018
American Midwest
I've recently had an idea that resulted in me finding this recipe for a spiced cranberry juice beverage: Mulled Spiced Cranberry Juice | Ricardo. What I'm looking for is any tips the community might have about specific flavors from specific vendors that I might use in my recipe experimentation.

Cranberry will be the main note, of course, with secondary notes of orange and lemon. Accent notes will be cinnamon, clove, and star anise.
  • I've got TFA Cranberry that I'll probably use, unless someone else can recommend a freakishly full-flavored but not over-the-top cranberry.
  • I don't know anything about orange flavorings. I've not had an occasion to use them yet, so any tips on solid options would be greatly appreciated.
  • For the lemon, I'm thinking CAP Juicy Lemon, though I'm certainly open to other suggestions.
  • The only cinnamon I've used to date is CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl, so I'm looking for something else to use.
  • I know nothing about clove or star anise flavorings, so if anybody's found ones that work really well, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've recently had an idea that resulted in me finding this recipe for a spiced cranberry juice beverage: Mulled Spiced Cranberry Juice | Ricardo. What I'm looking for is any tips the community might have about specific flavors from specific vendors that I might use in my recipe experimentation.

Cranberry will be the main note, of course, with secondary notes of orange and lemon. Accent notes will be cinnamon, clove, and star anise.
  • I've got TFA Cranberry that I'll probably use, unless someone else can recommend a freakishly full-flavored but not over-the-top cranberry.
  • I don't know anything about orange flavorings. I've not had an occasion to use them yet, so any tips on solid options would be greatly appreciated.
  • For the lemon, I'm thinking CAP Juicy Lemon, though I'm certainly open to other suggestions.
  • The only cinnamon I've used to date is CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl, so I'm looking for something else to use.
  • I know nothing about clove or star anise flavorings, so if anybody's found ones that work really well, I'm all ears.
Could look at some of these:
TFA/FLV Clove
FA Orange (Arancia)
FLV Rich Cinnamon
FA Anise
FW Ginger
FA Lemon Sicily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread