Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
The "best" is what works best for you.

For me, the Brunhilde MTL rta is the best. Sturdy, easy to set up with a coil and wick with plenty of room, 6 different air flow pins, great flavor and consistant performance.

What's not to love.

Sorry if i am strict but do i need to remind you of the rules that we follow here in ECF.
You committed a huge grievance with your post...

Next time you mention Brunhilde be it the MTL or DL version you must:

Let this be your first AND last warning :lol::lol:

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    Sorry if i am strict but do i need to remind you of the rules that we follow here in ECF.
    You committed a huge grievance with your post...

Next time you mention Brunhilde be it the MTL or DL version you must:

Let this be your first AND last warning :lol::lol:

OMG, where are my manners. I'm so ashamed. :unsure:

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    Innokin Ares - This was my 2nd RTA and again a great tank for a beginner. There was some youtube drama about this tank when it was released if I remember correctly. I nearly didn't get it but glad I did. Flavour wasn't amazing but it a decent all rounder. It failed on me after a couple of years but I didn't mind as I'd gotten good use out of it.

Innokin Ares 2 - Fairly similar flavour wise to the original with a few more conveniences around the filling port and afc. The glass that came preinstalled was practically glued to one of the rubber orings so I had to break it to get it off.
    I don't actually know which of these I've got. But, I bought 8 of them for $23.64 delivered back in January of 2020 from ejuicesteals. I've tried one out, and it seems okay. Bought as part of my vapocalypse stash. Figured I couldn't easily go wrong at $2.96 apiece. They're the only RTAs I own, aside from my ProVari Z-Atty Pro.

geobuzz

Jul 1, 2009
    I have only vaped MTL style for 12 years. Never lung hits. I favor genesis style for flavor. Nectar Micro 4.5ml stays in my rotation for years now. Easy to build with round wire, great flavor and excellent draw tightness. same can be said for the Vapefly Galaxies and i use those for flat wire (ribbon) builds. For 24mm looking to pick up the Coiland MTL RDTA.

I also find that bottom airflow styles with juice on top like the kayfun tends to leak a lot. Look at the engineering of the "vapefly galaxies MTL squonk rdta" and you will see the genius of it. Even the inside top of the top cap is set up to prevent leaks. There is a solid pin in the set so you dont have to use it as a squonker. I did that for a while too but found it rather unnecessary for my usage.

Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA

Last edited:

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    OK, since this thread is revived, i'll ask...

Got a Gas Mods Pallas MTL RTA because a reviewer said is was very easy to wick & the price was great with the liquidation discounts.
    It's working well except that there's condensation under the tank after using it for a bit.
    Looked online for what causes that & how to stop it but couldn't find anything (only about condensation in the drip tip).
    Anyone know what's going on?

There's no actual leaking or other issues, just the area around the 510 connection is moist with small droplets that don't seem to be e-liquid, going by the taste. The pre-made coil installed is 1.0 Ohm, though the mods read it as anywhere from .83 - 1.06. It produces good vapor at 11 Watts. Raising that as high as 16W doesn't stop the moisture from coming, nor does lowering it. The airflow is set at the 3rd smallest of 6 holes and fiddling with that doesn't seem to change anything either. i leave a good amount of empty space at the top when filling it and everything is screwed together tightly.

Thanks for any info or advice.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I don't actually know which of these I've got. But, I bought 8 of them for $23.64 delivered back in January of 2020 from ejuicesteals.

Those were the original version Ares. I didn't buy any from them though, because I'd already gotten 6 from a Clearance Sale at Mt. Baker Vapor about 3 weeks earlier.

• Informative
    Reactions: NCC

geobuzz

Jul 1, 2009
    OK, since this thread is revived, i'll ask...

Got a Gas Mods Pallas MTL RTA because a reviewer said is was very easy to wick & the price was great with the liquidation discounts.
    It's working well except that there's condensation under the tank after using it for a bit.
    Looked online for what causes that & how to stop it but couldn't find anything (only about condensation in the drip tip).
    Anyone know what's going on?
    That design will leak through the airflow rings whenever the vacuum pressure changes so it could be droplets wicking inside the ring and spreading out between the mod and the tank.

The Gas Mods Nixon or Hala might be the better designs. I have not tried either due to being similar to the galaxies (which i currently use) but the Hala is on my radar.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: MLEJ

sky4it

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    I'll never let my old KFLv2 (what-EVER!) ones leave this place. GREAT atties. :)

I would have to go with the Kayfun lite plus ( or v2)

Anyone know anything about the 5 Pawns lite plus?

Also the best Kayfun I ever found was a generic version which is no longer sold. Never did like my ehpro Kayfun lite plus. The worst Kayfun I ever found was the Monster, it leaks.

I have found a half dozen (probably more) versions of the V2 or lite plus. Different chimneys, different sizes juice channel. But I always go back to the Kayfun, its a great no hassles attny.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    I would have to go with the Kayfun lite plus ( or v2)

Anyone know anything about the 5 Pawns lite plus?

Also the best Kayfun I ever found was a generic version which is no longer sold. Never did like my ehpro Kayfun lite plus. The worst Kayfun I ever found was the Monster, it leaks.

I have found a half dozen (probably more) versions of the V2 or lite plus. Different chimneys, different sizes juice channel. But I always go back to the Kayfun, its a great no hassles attny.

The Five Pawns KFL was just a cosmetic collab release.

Special drip tip, but no functional changes.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    The Five Pawns KFL was just a cosmetic collab release.

Special drip tip, but no functional changes.

Yeah but they do have the square juice channel on the bottom which provides bigger clouds and it looks like air control on the bottom. I am going to try a few of them, I bought 11 at fasttech at 4 bucks a pop, cant go wrong. Love my Kayfuns. Always will.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    Also looking for the "best" atomizer is a tough road to go down. Here is why:

You can have a great atomizer and a bad setup only to discard the atomizer. There are many factors, the coil, the diameter of the coil, and the wicking.

I had to fiddle around with six different guages of wire to find the best build for my go to atomizer. I also tried all different kinds of diameter sizes in the coil.

I would love to see a thread that included: 1) pictures of peoples go to atomizer with 2) the coil dimensions of the build and the gauge of the wire. 3) how many different coils people had to try to find that sweet spot.

An average atomizer can be better with optimum build. And a great atomizer can perform poorly with a substandard setup.

For instance, I noticed some people love Taifuns. I dont, but I didnt try lots of different setup combinations either, so I dont use the device, but its not because of Taifuns.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have only vaped MTL style for 12 years. Never lung hits. I favor genesis style for flavor. Nectar Micro 4.5ml stays in my rotation for years now. Easy to build with round wire, great flavor and excellent draw tightness. same can be said for the Vapefly Galaxies and i use those for flat wire (ribbon) builds. For 24mm looking to pick up the Coiland MTL RDTA.

I also find that bottom airflow styles with juice on top like the kayfun tends to leak a lot. Look at the engineering of the "vapefly galaxies MTL squonk rdta" and you will see the genius of it. Even the inside top of the top cap is set up to prevent leaks. There is a solid pin in the set so you dont have to use it as a squonker. I did that for a while too but found it rather unnecessary for my usage.

Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA

Kayfun Lite V2 can be leakproof if all the o-rings are intact. My test for a good seal is to remove the drip tip, cover the bottom airholes with a finger and thumb, and and draw a vacuum from the drip tip socket. If it won't hold the vacuum, I replace the deck o-rings. I never have juice leaks since I've included that test. O-rings wear as we remove and replace parts and the vacuum test is a necessary routine for leak free vaping. The usual culprit for a leak is the bottom o-ring that seals the coil deck to the tank. That's the one we remove and replace the most as we recoil and rewick. The center tank o-rings almost never need replacing because they usually don't get removed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread