Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Kayfun Lite V2 can be leakproof if all the o-rings are intact. My test for a good seal is to remove the drip tip, cover the bottom airholes with a finger and thumb, and and draw a vacuum from the drip tip socket. If it won't hold the vacuum, I replace the deck o-rings. I never have juice leaks since I've included that test. O-rings wear as we remove and replace parts and the vacuum test is a necessary routine for leak free vaping. The usual culprit for a leak is the bottom o-ring that seals the coil deck to the tank. That's the one we remove and replace the most as we recoil and rewick. The center tank o-rings almost never need replacing because they usually don't get removed.

A little teflon tape around the fill screw can work some wonders too (thank you, @Bronze !).

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So I’m a ex smoker, I’m only looking for MTL suggestions in mind as I don’t DL t all. After a year or so on my Vapefly Galixes which has been good so far, I’ve recently noticed a lot of MTL RTA”s have since been released . I was looking for recommendations on other MTL RTA’s both the old and the new as the only real MTL tanks I’ve owned is the berserka mini (was not for me) mand the vapefly galxies tank.

I’d really appreciate a smokers opinion and also has tried a lot of different MTL tanks. Also I was wondering if anyone can compare other MTL tanks to the vape fly galaxy as that’s the one I’ve really only used in the last year. Unfortunately I don’t have the money to buy every single RTA MTL tank on the market , I simply want to get the best MTL draw possible for me.

I’ve also not tried classics like the kayfun so wonder how the older tanks stick up with the new? I definitely prioritise a pure smoker MTL style draw over leaks, ease of building etc. Thanks for your time!

Kayfun Prime !.
Prime Prime Prime Prime Prime.

Prime.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I've thought about buying one of those because so many people have said they're the best MTL tanks out there, but I'm not really an MTL kinda guy, and they're not exactly cheap! I'm actually a RDL dude, so I'm not sure why I'm even posting in this thread! (even though I don't use them often, I still appreciate all 5 of my Kayfun Lights...they do taste good)
Kayfun Prime !.
Prime Prime Prime Prime Prime.

Prime.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
Was a kayfun / Russian user for years - nothing could beat the consistently great vape from those.
Downsides ; they had numerous parts & were just a bit reliant on getting the wicking just so.
Switched to the Dvarw RTA's, those were as good a vape as the kayfun types but less parts & a bit less finicky wicking wise, have 4 in rotation currently. Terrific atomizers.
Recently I tried the Pioneer RTA & once I learned the do's & dont's regarding the atty, I believe its the most flavorful of the ones I have tried. The Pioneer just seems to have a bit more focused flavor, brighter & slightly more intense flavor than either Dvarw or kayfun. The really easy top fill bayonet style cap really makes it easy to live with. Pricing is right too given the build quality & the really great vape. ( once the wicking is figured out )

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
If I haven’t said this in here before...I’ll submit my vote for best MTL RTA:

DotShell, by Atmizoo, for the DotAIO.

I got around to rebuilding today, and I’ve got 6 of them...didn’t realize that until today...I guess buying them was done on autopilot.

You know how it goes.

Anyway...with a single, round wire build on 28g Kanthal, at 1.4 ohms and the first “power setting”...with 30-36mg salts...I am in the best sweet spot I’ve ever found.

I’m sure this setup will get snubbed by traditional 22mm tank lovers...but seriously...I’ve got an 18650 rebuildable pod mod in my hands, that is decently customizable, and I just can’t stop using it.

Sad to say, that my Billet Box, Provape, SvoëMestö, and ByLeo gear has all been gathering dust since I settled into this DotAIO vaping bliss that I’ve found.

The ONLY thing I think about, with this setup, is:
“Ooh neat-O new panels!”
Or
“Hmmm new flavors to try...which tank should I empty?”

That’s it! No worrying about which build to try, or which airflow setting, or power setting, or anything...

Dang it..I wish it was this easy for a beginner...cuz I KNOW they’d switch to vaping immediately if they could fathom the idea of building an RTA.

Chazvapes

Jun 12, 2021
If I haven’t said this in here before...I’ll submit my vote for best MTL RTA:

DotShell, by Atmizoo, for the DotAIO.

I got around to rebuilding today, and I’ve got 6 of them...didn’t realize that until today...I guess buying them was done on autopilot.

You know how it goes.

Anyway...with a single, round wire build on 28g Kanthal, at 1.4 ohms and the first “power setting”...with 30-36mg salts...I am in the best sweet spot I’ve ever found.

I’m sure this setup will get snubbed by traditional 22mm tank lovers...but seriously...I’ve got an 18650 rebuildable pod mod in my hands, that is decently customizable, and I just can’t stop using it.

Sad to say, that my Billet Box, Provape, SvoëMestö, and ByLeo gear has all been gathering dust since I settled into this DotAIO vaping bliss that I’ve found.

The ONLY thing I think about, with this setup, is:
“Ooh neat-O new panels!”
Or
“Hmmm new flavors to try...which tank should I empty?”

That’s it! No worrying about which build to try, or which airflow setting, or power setting, or anything...

Dang it..I wish it was this easy for a beginner...cuz I KNOW they’d switch to vaping immediately if they could fathom the idea of building an RTA.

Question.... Did u buy it in the U.S. ?? If so what web sight? I can't find any in the US. I found several but all on EU sites.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Still vaping one of the best, KFV4 on a beat off old iPV8. :thumbs:
WIN_20210729_11_25_07_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread