Best MTL RTA to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Now I just need to find a couple of decent MTL drippers that can squonk too.

You’d be hard pressed to pass up on the Creek rda by Atmizoo!

It’s the first (or only?) BF atty that has airflow under the coil, like an rta...it’s really impressive in performance, and does a good job of MTL with an adjustable cap and two airflow decks to choose from.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Now I just need to find a couple of decent MTL drippers that can squonk too.
Have a look at the Atmizoo Creek RDA. I have a couple and it is excellent for MTL (or RDL/DL) and the flavor is very tough to beat. The airflow design is very different compared to just about every other RDA. It's a bottom AF, under coil (like a kayfun).

Atmizoo also sells an MTL Kit for the Creek. I have the MTL Kit, it comes with 2 AF inserts, 1.2mm or 1.5mm and also a chamber reducer for enhanced flavor. It comes with the BF pin installed and there is a blind pin in the kit. The Creek is one of my top RDA's.

Ice matte Creek on a Psyclone Mods SqEvo DNA 60 squonker.
IMG_0070cr4.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
You’d be hard pressed to pass up on the Creek RDA by Atmizoo!

It’s the first (or only?) BF atty that has airflow under the coil, like an RTA...it’s really impressive in performance, and does a good job of MTL with an adjustable cap and two airflow decks to choose from.
I love my Creek's and just posted nearly the same as you above. :D

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I am still very happy with Kayfun Lite 2021, so happy that I ordered another. It will be the 5th.
    I still think Prime wick better, but I love the new air pin adjustment for KFL'21.
    A pity that there is no atty with the air adjustment to KFL'21 and the juice control with top filling from Prime, and in 24mm.

-Loom-

Oct 25, 2018
    After 6 years of MTL vaping, I also do no longer feel the need to try out each and every new hyped tank. After about two dozends of RTAs, I still didn't experience anything which was *dramatically* better flavourwise then every other tank I own.

For me, it's all about ease of use (no RTA puzzle with 40 parts please!), ease of maintenance, leak-proofness and an acceptible flavour.

I found all of these criteria in the 'Flash-e-Vapor', which is my work horse when I'm at home and the tiny 'Doggy Style' on a tiny mod when not at home. I'm pleased with those two combinations and never felt the need to try anything new anymore.

Last edited:

vapemate93

ECF Veteran
    Jun 13, 2016
    So after a lot of research I decided to buy the Kay fun 21 , and I’m very pleased with it. It’s my first hour or so with it so I’m just still experimenting. Great low pitch flavour punch and I absalloutley love the air flow pin system. I previously had a vape fly galaxies RTA which is a very customisable tank and I feel I can get a better fine tuned MTL draw for me with the Kay fun. I love the set and forget system to as unlike my galaxies it would move my settings whilst in pocket and my ocd would keep switching them.

I still haven’t got the pin exactly where I want it yet either as I bought the MTL upgrade pin for it which will arrive tomorrow and I want to test both the standard and tight MTL pin for the tank before spending anymore time getting it perfect as I can for me.

I have found the wicking a little tricky tho as the juice wells are a little bit smaller than I’m used to but I go through this phase with every new tank ive had.

so very pleased with the tank, but I bought a new mod with it an augvape foxy one as It’s really my type of mod but unfortunately it will not Reed my coils so it isn’t all good :(

Thanks for the good advice from everyone, I just felt for me the pin system on the Kayfun would work the best and it’s very impressive so far.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    So after a lot of research I decided to buy the Kay fun 21 , and I’m very pleased with it. It’s my first hour or so with it so I’m just still experimenting. Great low pitch flavour punch and I absalloutley love the air flow pin system. I previously had a vape fly galaxies RTA which is a very customisable tank and I feel I can get a better fine tuned MTL draw for me with the Kay fun. I love the set and forget system to as unlike my galaxies it would move my settings whilst in pocket and my ocd would keep switching them.

I still haven’t got the pin exactly where I want it yet either as I bought the MTL upgrade pin for it which will arrive tomorrow and I want to test both the standard and tight MTL pin for the tank before spending anymore time getting it perfect as I can for me.

I have found the wicking a little tricky tho as the juice wells are a little bit smaller than I’m used to but I go through this phase with every new tank ive had.

so very pleased with the tank, but I bought a new mod with it an augvape foxy one as It’s really my type of mod but unfortunately it will not Reed my coils so it isn’t all good :(

Thanks for the good advice from everyone, I just felt for me the pin system on the Kayfun would work the best and it’s very impressive so far.
    Congratz bud, you won't regret your purchase.
    I like KFL'21 a lot.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Thanks both. I do love a bit of Atmizoo, but hoping to find something with a 1mm or 0.8mm draw. I want it tiiiiiight.

I also have it in my head I want to track down an old Igo-L again too. :D

In addition to the airflow inserts, you can adjust the cap to your liking, so I’m able to achieve a very 0.8-1.0mm-ish airflow...much better than on any other drip/BF system I’ve ever tried!

It’s really the best of both worlds...RTA airflow control + BF flavor.

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Nope. Not allowed

MechasaurusRex

Jan 23, 2021
    UK
    muckrack.com
    In addition to the airflow inserts, you can adjust the cap to your liking, so I’m able to achieve a very 0.8-1.0mm-ish airflow...much better than on any other drip/BF system I’ve ever tried!

It’s really the best of both worlds...RTA airflow control + BF flavor.
    I’ve gone off and watched Todd, always my go-to for reviews. Pretty sure it’s not the atty for me on the back of that.

...But sorting out a box of stuff I found a Hellfire Strike which can close the airflow off on a treat, so that’ll get a run out tomorrow.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    After 6 years of MTL vaping, I also do no longer feel the need to try out each and every new hyped tank. After about two dozends of RTAs, I still didn't experience anything which was *dramatically* better flavourwise then every other tank I own.

For me, it's all about ease of use (no RTA puzzle with 40 parts please!), ease of maintenance, leak-proofness and an acceptible flavour.

I found all of these criteria in the 'Flash-e-Vapor', which is my work horse when I'm at home and the tiny 'Doggy Style' on a tiny mod when not at home. I'm pleased with those two combinations and never felt the need to try anything new anymore.
    i agree. thought i was done with my true, dvarw and expro v4. ended up getting a kayfun lite 2021 and loving it. flavor seems to be edging my other tanks, but only by a tiny bit. like my other tanks, no leaking, condensation, gurgling on the lite. i hope i dont get tempted by another rta this 2021.

callmeal

Nov 28, 2017
    Digiflavour Siren 2 - My first rebuildable, a great starter rta as it was quite easy to build and forgiving with wicking. Still use it occasionally but I find the flavour quite muted now.

Innokin Ares - This was my 2nd RTA and again a great tank for a beginner. There was some youtube drama about this tank when it was released if I remember correctly. I nearly didn't get it but glad I did. Flavour wasn't amazing but it a decent all rounder. It failed on me after a couple of years but I didn't mind as I'd gotten good use out of it.

Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA - The original one, not the hastur mini which was released later and well received I believe. This tank was a disaster, it came with a few airflow inserts and I bought some more as well. No matter what I tried I got zero flavour from this tank. I think the problem was the bell was way too big for mtl. Also the build quality was quite poor, AFC ring spun around freely and the bayonet fill cap would get stuck regularly. Think I still have it lying around somewhere.

Vandy Vape Berserker Mini - A few years ago I left this behind in a bar one night unfortunately. From what I remember it was very tricky to wick and was prone to leaking. When you got it right though the flavour was outstanding. I wasn't really bothered with replacing it or getting any subsequent berserker tanks.

SXK Doggy - Have a couple of these but don't use them any more. Coiling it was a total nightmare as you have to wrap the legs around the screws and it would always pop out when you screwed it down. Maybe there was some trick to it but I never got the hang of it. I never brought them outside the house with me because to refill them you needed a little screw driver to put in the airflow hole so you could have leverage to unscrew the base, also broke a few screw drivers this way. When I did manage to coil and wick it I remember it was a decent vape but just too much hassle.

OBS Engine MTL RTA - Poor tank. Top air flow. Spitty and gurgles a lot. Muted flavours. I rarely use it anymore.

EHPRO True MTL RTA - When it's wicked well it's good but not great. The wicking cut outs are far too small so you need to get the cotton thickness just right. Too thin or thick and it's dry hits all over. Difficult to dismantle when trying get at the build deck. Fill ports too small and too easy to leave them open resulting in the tank emptying out all over your mod/pocket.

Innokin Ares 2 - Fairly similar flavour wise to the original with a few more conveniences around the filling port and afc. The glass that came preinstalled was practically glued to one of the rubber orings so I had to break it to get it off.

Vapefly Galaxies RTA - After 3+ years of daily use it's my favourite mtl tank, great flavour, easy to wick, 5ml capacity with bubble glass. I find it strange that it's so good because internally it's quite similar to a lot of other tanks I have. A couple of cons, needs to be bottom filled as it will always leak when top filled. The AFC dials are a gimmick and can get closed off easily when it is in your pocket or even just brushing off them picking the tank up.

Vapefly Galaxies RDTA - Rather unique in the mtl tank world. A really good tank that I nearly always have on the go. Goes perfectly with the discontinued Vandy Vape Simple Ex mtl squonker. My simple ex is starting to die though, battery doesn't last long. I'll probably keep using it in non-squonk mode when the simple ex dies.

Steam Crave Glaz Mini MTL RTA - A bit gimmicky with the glass bell but a decent vape. The liquid hole in the wicking channel is too small which made the wicking very unforgiving. This tank failed on me after about a year of use. The 510 pin randomly broke, I unscrewed it and can see part of it is stuck in there.

Exvape Expromizer V4 MTL RTA - A close 2nd to the Vapefly Galaxies RTA as my favourite tank. I've had a few top airflow tanks and they nearly always perform poorly but this one works surprisingly well. Flavour is excellent and vapes really smoothly. The large wicking channels are the best I've ever seen on a tank, very forgiving and helps with vaping high VG liquids. The liquid flow control is a bit pointless as I always have it wide open anyway and it makes dismantling the tank for cleaning awkward. It looks a bit silly with the bubble glass but it's need as it flys through the juice. I see there is now a V5 released, I might get that as well at some point.

Kayfun Lite 2019 - Superb build quality and looks really good with the dome cap(Costs extra). Flavour mostly lives up to the hype but I find the vape is not as rich and full as other much cheaper alternatives. Bottom fill and afc are a bit old school but manageable. I probably wouldn't buy another Kayfun as I just don't think it's worth the money.

Ether RTA(Vaping bogan designed) - Pricey for what it is especially considering the 5ml tank kit is a separate purchase. I actually got a second one really cheap second hand. I use them exclusively in MTL mode with the insert. Chain vaping with simple wire coils doesn't work well, I tend to get dry hits quickly after 2/3 puffs, seems like liquid isn't getting wicked quick enough. I switched to some superfine mtl fused clapton and it's much better. A good tank but certainly not great.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Vapefly Galaxies RDTA - Rather unique in the mtl tank world. A really good tank that I nearly always have on the go. Goes perfectly with the discontinued Vandy Vape Simple Ex mtl squonker. My simple ex is starting to die though, battery doesn't last long. I'll probably keep using it in non-squonk mode when the simple ex dies.

I am mainly a DL sub-ohm vaper, but I noticed the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA on clearance a couple of months ago and purchased one. I like using it to vape tobacco flavors. I agree with you, it's a pretty unique atty. Flavor is good too.

By the way, great post.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    EHPro Kayfun Lite V2 clones have been mostly my staple vape for the last 10 years or so. Easy to fill, not prone to leaking, and flavor is good. I've bought most of the latest and greatest and keep coming back to Kayfun Lite V2.

All of my buying and testing has left me with a good backup stock, though. I'm ready for the Vape Apocalypse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread