Status
Not open for further replies.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Also it seems i might have the wrong definition of a "passthrough" from my limited knowledge it was a device that instead of running on a battery, runs directly off the source its plugged into e.g. the usb port of a pc OR the wall socket if your plugged into an adapter, now it seems there are passthroughs that run both off of a battery and the power source of the plug? Help this lost newb x.x

You weren't wrong both types are available. I have 5 volt KR808D-1 that has no battery.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Last edited:

Shamruck

Dec 12, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks again guys for your attention on this. To update anyone interested in knowing, I did order a Kgo starter kit, I checked out some reviews and found mostly that its a clone of the ego for a few bucks less, and with 1100 mAh batts no less. Also I did check out madvapes location in charlotte, and their juices are fantastic, I got 2 30 mil bottles of 80/20 VG/PG for about 7 bucks each and they taste just great (0 nic btw, unlike alot of vendors I've looked at they DO have a price scale based on nic strength 0 nic being the cheapest, which works perfect for me since I kicked the nic). However they seemed a bit pricey on the hardware. I was offered a 650 mAh ego starter kit for around 65 bucks. I thought I would do some more research before jumping into that, it seemed high. If anyone is interested the 1100 Kgo kit I ordered cost 44 bucks, added a few things and it came out to 53, shipping is free at 55.00$ or more so I had to add a pocket case :D

donnah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    I was going to suggest the Kgo. I've heard good things about it. As for the Epower, it seems to be hit or miss, too many complaints about the switch not working right and different vendor opinions on the problem and/or solution. I've got someone interested in vaping and am going to suggest the Kgo for a first time starter kit.

No one has suggested this site yet but crystalclearvaping seems to be the goto place for cartomizers. Great prices and free shipping, he even sends a free drip tip. The resurrectors would work great with the Kgo.

If you're interested in a tank for your cartos there's the chibi tank at parksvaping. I bought the xl chibi tank complete with a prepunched carto for only $8. Once I saw the punched carto I started punching my own with a plain ole hammer and deck screw.

The resurrectos at crystalclearvaping are super easy to punch and they can be ordered in stainless steel. If you're going to punch your cartos to use in a tank, don't get the black ones.. you'll need stainless steel for use in tanks. (the black ones are just stickers and don't do well submerged in juice)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread