Looking for RN4081 Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Went to puresmoker and unfortunately they're out of the 4081 USB Passthroughs. Does anyone know anywhere that might be in stock? I'm wanting to try that Passthrough + Kensington combo I've read about. It sounds great for home or even car use.

Got mine from vaporguys.com. Delivered in 2 days. I'm vaping at the 'puter now.

Alunelu

Jan 2, 2009
Calgary, Canada
try at bestecig, the batteries for BE 103 match my RN4801 so i assume the pass through should be a fit too, i almost ordered the pass through but realized i like the wireless version more...too much clutter around my laptop anyway... can't post the url yet, but you can find it in the mini-cig BE103 section at the bottom where it says "hot products" give it a try and let me know how it works... i ordered many things from them and it's always very reliable

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Being wireless is OK, but don't think of a pass through as being tied to the 'puter. I have a car lighter adapter for my USB passthrough. Who has to be wireless in the car? especially on a long trip. I'm going to Chicago Monday, and then driving 4 hours. Then I'll get to my hotel, and plug the 110v to USB converter in the wall. I save the batteries for when I'm on the job.

try at bestecig, the batteries for BE 103 match my RN4801 so i assume the pass through should be a fit too, i almost ordered the pass through but realized i like the wireless version more...too much clutter around my laptop anyway... can't post the url yet, but you can find it in the mini-cig BE103 section at the bottom where it says "hot products" give it a try and let me know how it works... i ordered many things from them and it's always very reliable

You know, I think I might try this, their prices are the cheapest I've seen too. Thanks Alunelu. Also talking about the "wireless version" do you mean the standard rechargable battery that everybody uses or is there some new technology I haven't heard of yet?

ADDENDUM: Not so cheap once you figure in international shipping to the States. It ends up costing $29.10 Is this still worth it, or should I wait and hope that someone will restock soon?

Last edited:
Wow, having major problems with the bestecig site. Tried to place my order twice and was able to fill out my shipping info but it never got to the payment info screen. However I received 2 emails saying that my order will be filled in 12-24 hours. Tried to contact them, we'll see what happens.

UPDATE: Got an email from Beci and tried placing a new order. It seemed to go through this time. Hopefully it'll work this time. I'm a little concerned it's BE103, and whether it'll really be compatible with my SE Gold atomizer. I also ordered some black carts (blank) to match the passthrough. I would've got extra atomizers, but I don't like the exposed "wick" design of the BE103. <crosses fingers>

Beci just emailed personally and confirmed my order, said it'll ship tomorrow with tracking # since it's the weekend. Nice service!

Last edited:
....the atomizer doesn't fit the cartridges of RN4801

Hmm, that worries me a bit. Do you think the RN4081 atomizer will fit the BE103 passthrough? The site said they're compatible. As of now, I only have one atomizer. I want to make sure all parts are compatible before I start buying extra atomizers.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hmm, that worries me a bit. Do you think the RN4081 atomizer will fit the BE103 passthrough? The site said they're compatible. As of now, I only have one atomizer. I want to make sure all parts are compatible before I start buying extra atomizers.

I know that a DSE103 atomizer fits my SE Gold atomizer, I've never heard of a BE103 though.

BenJammin

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
Richmond Virginia, USA
Being wireless is OK, but don't think of a pass through as being tied to the 'puter. I have a car lighter adapter for my USB passthrough. Who has to be wireless in the car? especially on a long trip. I'm going to Chicago Monday, and then driving 4 hours. Then I'll get to my hotel, and plug the 110v to USB converter in the wall. I save the batteries for when I'm on the job.

USB Vaping in the car is the best thing to happen to my 2 hour daily commute since satellite radio. And since it's on a "leash" I don't have to worry about it falling on the floor and out of reach when I set it down.

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA

BE103 should be fine. My Pure Smoker Pass-through had this sticker that says DSE103, so I'm rather certain that it's compatible.

Got it Monday (4/20) afternoon, but I didn't get a chance to try it out until about an hour ago. I'm using it with the Kensington Power Pack and all I can say is... WOW! If I wouldn't feel strange carrying and using it in public (and if it weren't so fragile), it'd be my main source of vaping! I'll be using this at home, (possibly in the car) and keep my "wireless kit" charged and ready for when I'm on the go. Good to see the amount of vapor that RN4081 atomizers can put out! I don't feel so cheated now.

BTW, I also bought some blank carts however the BE103 carts are too short. They don't cover the atomizer all the way, so I may've messed up there. I also ordered waaay more than I intended to. I have about 4 or 5 packs of 5 that I can't use. If anyone could use them, let me know. I could let them go cheap or maybe a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread