The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

USB passthrough help needed, for 510 & 901

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by MisKate, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MisKate

MisKate Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2009
    Illinois, USA
    First off, I got a 510 kit from Eastmall, and it came with a USB passthrough that I didn't know I was getting. However it has a little inline battery box, but no battery in it. Can I use this without a battery in it? (haven't tried)

Secondly, I really love my 901's and want to get a USB passthrough for that model. But I'm confused! I've read (or think I have) about them with and without the manual switch battery...and possibly with and without the inline battery. I know nothing about what features I should be looking for. Nor do I know where to purchase or how much I should expect to spend! I've searched the forums but haven't come across the needed info. There's so much to read! Help please :confused: Thanks

2. malyden

malyden Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2008
    OH
    The 510 passthrough needs the battery or there's no electrical connection. There are several good suppliers listed at the bottom of the forum page. I personally go with altsmoke.com because he's my son but I do know he gives very good customer service and would be more than willing to help you with any questions you might have.

3. MisKate

MisKate Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2009
    Illinois, USA
    Thanks for your reply, Malyden. I kind of figured that the 510 passthrough I have would not work without a battery.

4. RsL

RsL Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Hey, I love the honesty there! haahaa But I'll admit, your son Rob is a good supplier to deal with. He is on my preferred list! :)

5. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    mine has an icr 10440 360mah batt

6. bitey

bitey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Well, he's not my son nor anyone I have ever met personally, but he has been of immense help to me twice. The first time was with my first order off of his site. He saw what I was trying to do, called me to clarify (about 20 minutes after I put in my order after normal working hours), and sent me what I was really trying to buy (2 complete kits when only one was showing as available on the site). The second time was a few days ago when I sent an email saying that my wall charger had stopped working and I was so hooked on my 510 I didn't want to vape my other ecig (LOL). He sent me a PM on this forum and had what I needed to me in less than 48 hours.

He's definitely high on my list for anything he carries.

7. sl9

sl9 Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    I also recently ordered a 510 USB pass-through but from the Totally Wicked store, and like you it did not come with a battery which confused me at first. However, all it took was 1 quick e-mail and Louise from Totally Wicked replied saying that they would take care of it - a small jiffy bag arrived the next day containing the battery :) This is why I will continue to shop at that place, great customer service should always be encouraged/rewarded.

Yes the 510 USB pass-through does require a battery, it is basically a glorified USB battery charger rather than an actual "pass-through". When the battery eventually reaches the end of its life, you will need to get a new one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.