looking for small(ish) single coil RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
I have been trying to decide what rta to get, and right now i'm leaning towards the Wotofo Serpent Mini
I would like single coil, and would prefer it to be on the smaller side.

has anyone used the serpent mini? thoughts?
any other good single coil systems I should look at?

was also thinking kayfun V5, but iffy on the size of it.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
No experience with the Serpent but from what I've read on here it has a pretty loyal following.

While I can't recommend the full size version because of too many leakage-issues I really enjoy the Bachelor Nano personally, might want to have a look at that one as well. There's an optional MTL kit for the Nano as well for just 3 or 4 bucks extra if you're in to that sort of thing.

Reactions: Gauntlgrym

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The serpent is a nice tank and built right does not leak. The OBS Ace and the Merlin (eciggetty) are also very nice, easy to build and no leaking.

I use all three of these on my e pipe and the tanks sit sideways a lot which is a good test for leaking....... They do not if wicked properly

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have a Serpent Mini. It's a Nice RTA. Great for Flavor if you tend to vape on the Lower Side of the watts range. My only nick on it is that it does go thru e-Liquids fast.

Also like (a lot) the SXK Wine RTA for a Flavor Tank. But many people are turned off by it because it Doesn't have AFC.

Also have a Corolla RTA Clone. It is a Great Geni Style Tank. With good Capacity and overall Size. But I would be Hesitant to recommend it to people because the one I received from FT had some Glaring Quality Issues that I had to Fix.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have been trying to decide what RTA to get, and right now i'm leaning towards the Wotofo Serpent Mini
I would like single coil, and would prefer it to be on the smaller side.

has anyone used the serpent mini? thoughts?
any other good single coil systems I should look at?

was also thinking Kayfun V5, but iffy on the size of it.

Serpent Mini
Bachelor Nano
Goblin Mini (comes with plug to close one side abd unused juicd Wells
Theorem

Reactions: Gauntlgrym

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have a Serpent Mini. It's a Nice RTA. Great for Flavor if you tend to vape on the Lower Side of the watts range. My only nick on it is that it does go thru e-Liquids fast.

Also like (a lot) the SXK Wine RTA for a Flavor Tank. But many people are turned off by it because it Doesn't have AFC.

The SXK isva Nice Tank easy to build looks nice, plenty airflow.

Only downside some whistle on the inhale.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry i swear this phone changed my messages after i think they are ok.

I was talking about the SXK Nebula Wine.

Great Atty. Nice look, good flavor simple to build..

Only issue some whistle on inhalation

Gotcha.

Yeah I really Like the Wine RTA. And cut mine down so that they use Subtank Mini Glass.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That is one heck of an idea!

STM glass is abundant.

I did not do this because I wanted to use STM Glass. I did it because reducing the RBA Chamber Volume gives me More Flavor. It just happened that STM Glass fits.

Cutting down the RBA Chamber by about .090" isn't too hard. But I won't recommend it to someone who Hasn't cut down things with Threads on it before.

Last edited:
Reactions: defdock

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I did not because I wanted to use STM Glass. I did it because reducing the RBA Chamber Volume gives me More Flavor. It just happened that STM Glass fits.

Cutting down the RBA Chamber by about .090" isn't too hard. But I won't recommend it to someone who Hasn't cut down things with Threads on it before.

Height generally is a flavor killer.

You have done well grasshopper.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have an SXK Nebula Wine arriving Tuesday (=!××#_€\$@ holidays (thank you to those who served and fell and those still serving). I have the Monster V3, and love it (loose MTL, and tight DTL). I also have the Serpent FS and love it... no issues with leaking. Other single coil tanks include KST Mini and FS V1 and V2 with RBA, Crown with RBA, Squape R/s, Rose V2, Taifun GT 1 & 2, Taifun GS 1 (looking for a GS 2 19 mm), Lemo 1 & 2, the standard run if Kayfuns (Mini 2.1 ES, 3.1, 4, Lite Plus... Mini 3 and 5 being looked at real hard), Nectar, Mini Atty, TFV 4 FS & Mini with RBA, Aqua V2 with airflow plug, the standard run of US tanks with single coil isolators (Goblin Mini 1 & 2), Zephyrus 1 & 2, Goliath V2, Avocado with single coil isolator, Theorem, and a slew of gennies...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread