Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi y'all. You know I have a vaping-oriented site, where I try to have useful articles, links, and how-tos about vaping. I'm currently updating my site, including some of the *very* best vaping links right at the top, and I am reaching some kind of saturation point; I've selected 5 great ones so far, but I need a 6th for the visual format, and I could use some input from other vapers about what sites you find most useful and relevant. the 5 already selected are:
NOT Blowing Smoke
Anti-THR Lies and related topics
http://www.vaping.com/

and 2 others I don't have linked yet, vapefight.com, and thevapedom.com -- There's a big banner for ECF at the bottom of the front pg text, and also at the very bottom of the page along with casaa, aemsa, and sfata. Maybe Rolygate's site for that 6th one at the top?

If this is inappropriate, mods, feel free to delete or whatever; I just thought I'd ask other vapers, since I'm sure my own understanding of vaping is very far from perfect or complete.

Thx!
Andria

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
How about a "Today's News Post" and change it weekly. It will give you flexibility as to the content.

The rest being How-to or reference. Maybe a link to Phil Busardo's latest review. Also, a notice of up-coming events.

For me, I store stuff in my Blog here. Kinda like my personal library. I go back to it when I am bored or have 30 min to burn.

Getting the page some exposure might help, too. Facebook, Google+, etc.

Hope helps

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

That's another good one, but since they're a UK-oriented site, I felt it wasn't really pertinent -- lots of stuff in there about their laws & lawmakers, and EU-oriented stuff. I'm sure it will have some effect on vaping overall, but not much that US people can do about it. For the UK, I tend to focus more on brilliant articles than whole sites. Rolygate's a brit, but his stuff is more about vaping generally, than how any of us as individuals can change anything.

Andria

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Andria,

Congrats and my very best wishes for your site. I like the redesign. Also, much much much thanks for the link to my site. :)

Some ideas for you and please don't hesitate to send me a PM as I'm happy to help you anyway I can. I will try as best I can not to get geeky with the following thoughts:

1. Your ECF sig may contain a "banner" (graphic) with a link to your site. This drives more traffic to your site and helps spread the word. Please contact me via PM and I'm happy to make a banner for you.

2. Inserting RSS feeds into your site is a marvelous way to automatically provide fresh content. Take a look at my sidebar as I use "fair use" extracts of posts from ECF and "News" from Bing. You can even "mouse over/hover on the link to read more. My metrics indicate it's very popular. I see you have a "Brilliant Articles" section which is a great start. EDIT: all your links to other sites should open in a new window.

Continued best wishes

/Steve

:)

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria,

Congrats and my very best wishes for your site. I like the redesign. Also, much much much thanks for the link to my site. :)

Some ideas for you and please don't hesitate to send me a PM as I'm happy to help you anyway I can. I will try as best I can not to get geeky with the following thoughts:

1. Your ECF sig may contain a "banner" (graphic) with a link to your site. This drives more traffic to your site and helps spread the word. Please contact me via PM and I'm happy to make a banner for you.

2. Inserting RSS feeds into your site is a marvelous way to automatically provide fresh content. Take a look at my sidebar as I use "fair use" extracts of posts from ECF and "News" from Bing. You can even "mouse over/hover on the link to read more. My metrics indicate it's very popular. I see you have a "Brilliant Articles" section which is a great start.

Continued best wishes

/Steve

:)

Well, I've got my link in my sig, but can't have another banner, since I have my quit-smoking graphic. *shrug* I don't understand how so many around here have more than one graphic, because everytime I try to insert another graphic, it tells me that it's not allowed.

I've never really "gotten" that RSS thing; can't really understand the point of it, to be honest. Everytime I've ever clicked on one of those "RSS" links, it just brings up a very plain-text XML page, which makes no sense to me at all -- if I'm going to read something, I just go to the site and read it. Why bother with the plain text?

I've been building sites and templates for many years, and for me, the entire point is just... building sites! It makes me happy. :) I know, geek to the core. ;) I never thought much about getting traffic for this one, I just wanted to increase the "noise factor" of all pro-vaping online. I wanted to include those links at the top because I wanted to support the great sites who are doing a much better job at all of this than I'm capable of doing -- I'm a stay-at-home housewife who loves vaping, loves building websites, and loves showing the ANTZ idiots in their true colors along with appropriate commentary. And I wanted to try and a) help new vapers, and b) explain WTA to those unfamiliar with it.

If I get traffic, great! If I support vaping, EXCELLENT! If I'm able to help anyone at all, even more excellent! But it's not like a job, or anything like that -- just a hobby, and I figured my web-building hobby could help support my vaping hobby. :D I actually used to make a little, building Joomla! templates, but I haven't made a dime on it since 2011. So it really has become just a hobby -- because I just can't bear the thought of not having my own domain, for all the email accts it ever crosses my mind to create, or anything I want to put online for others to see.

Thx!
Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread