Looking for the perfect RTA or RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
Im wondering now if the Siren 2 will be too tight of a draw for me... I MTL but also DTL randomly because my current atty (original Serpent RTA) has big enough airflow to do both. I guess that is where my hotspot is; Just enough airflow to have a loose, effortless MTL draw, and also a slightly restrictive DTL draw, without even having to adjust the AFC.

I guess I will see how the Siren goes when it arrives in a month.. If its too tight then ill be looking at a more open tank....I got my eye on the Zeus and the Engine Nano mainly.. Also the Serpent SMM but while it would be great to have no leaks, im having doubts about side airflow when compared to under airflow. How different is it? The rest of the RTAs yall listed seem like too much airflow for my style but I could be wrong-- I wish I knew how dynamic the AFCs of these RTAs are..

Sort of unrelated but here's some oldschool RTAs with shorty topcaps and rotted out acrylic (threaded) sections..lol..I think they only held maybe half a ml of juice each haha..Orchid and Kayfun clones...and also an eGo+eVod...who needs a "pod" vape? :lol:
wih27wm.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Same for me in the Siren V2, I vape it wide open (flavor is just better that way) and I think you will find the airflow adjustable enough. It's easier (for me) to use a tighter draw on the Ares and I prefer it, but either mod is pretty adjustable and if you like a less restricted vape, well either could work. I think you won't be disappointed.

Anna

Reactions: Vaep

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
Perfect then! It looks like the Siren2 would have more airflow judging by the size of the holes under the coil. The Ares carries .5 more ml capacity. Both RTAs have topcap issues making them not the best for carrying in your pocket. It seems like the Ares would require less fillings due to the capacity and airflow, but its a pretty even fight in my eyes!

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Sort of unrelated but here's some oldschool RTAs with shorty topcaps and rotted out acrylic (threaded) sections..lol..I think they only held maybe half a ml of juice each haha..Orchid and Kayfun clones...and also an eGo+eVod...who needs a "pod" vape? :lol:
wih27wm.jpg
Ok don't go making fun of my Evods. :D I usually DTL (semi-restricted) but I still have like a dozen of those Evods. Those are a great little stealth vape on a pico or the like. I build them to around 2.2ohm and run 12-18mg nic in them and they are great. Yeah, only hold a bit of juice, but they last a LONG time with that build and nic level. Those Evods are great to have around.

I like the Siren 2 wide open as well. It's a solid vape for me, hope you enjoy yours.

That said, I also am a fan of the Serpent SMM. Run that wide open as well, definitely a different vape than the Siren, but I enjoy them both. Main leaking I get from the SMM is after filling. Screwing down the top cap can increase the pressure and push juice out the airflow. What works for me is after filling, I give it a good few pulls right after tightening the cap down. This seems to vape off the juice pushed up through the cotton and keeps it from leaking. It's a good vape though. Depending on your coil (heat capacity) and vaping style, you will of course get the obligatory condensation from the bottom airflow.

I've got the Zeus as well, but seem to keep going back to the Serpent SMM the most since I'm very familiar with it. I'm sure the Zeus will be enjoyed as well once I get around to it. :thumb:. Been squonking a bit, so my RTAs are getting ignored for the most part currently.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think the Siren V2 top would come off in a pocket, mine has floated (successfully) with the airholes open in my purse. Same with the Ares, though, and 0 leaks. The ares "click into place thing" is fairly substantial. Mine was a bit loose on arrival but has gotten tighter (I don't understand this at all or why) but it has.

Anna

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
Arrived yesterday. Likin' it! Perfect for my kind pulls when airflow is wide open-- Restricted DTL. As for flavor, I think its a bit muted but I think it's because I have the coil/wick too close to the airhole. I think raising the coil a bit will make for some juicy throathits. Will see how that goes when I do a rebuild, but Im definitely liking it so far. Stols001, my topcap fits super snug to the point that I think the rubber piece might wear out quick. But definitely wont leak on me :]
Looks cool with the blue rings too! Thanks for the recommendations! Oh yeah and this tank chuggggs juice, even with this 1.1ohm coil @ 25watts. Two-piece driptip (POM+steel) I got from FT (sku:5223300) so I dont chip my teefs. Super tiny setup-- Only 132cm tall incl driptip!
8YMWXAG.jpg

Invoke + Siren 2

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread