Looking for tube under $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, been searching for a tube mech, preferably copper, for under 50 bucks. All the ones that I've found are sold out basically (Heretic, Phantom by Wotofo, Dogecorn etc).

Anyone know of any? I'd prefer if it didn't ship from China and is non-hybrid, though I could deal with a hybrid if it's the right mech (never used a hybrid yet, but I understand hybrid safety).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My guess is its going to be tough to find a decent tube mech for under $50 in the States.

Your best bet may be fast tech after all, as anything in your price range is likely made in China.

Did you try a Google Search? I found a copper Ohmega stacked 18650 for just over $50 at EVCigarettes.com. Sorry, the laptop that I'm on is not cooperating in making links.
Ohmega 18650 Stacked v2 Mechanical MOD

I can't vouch on the quality in these: :unsure:

Mechanical Mod Best Deals + Online Shopping | GearBest.com Page 2

Mechanical Mod, Quality and Cheap - 3FVape

Last edited:
My guess is its going to be tough to find a decent tube mech for under $50 in the States.

Your best bet may be fast tech after all, as anything in your price range is likely made in China.

Did you try a Google Search? I found a copper Ohmega stacked 18650 for just over $50 at EVCigarettes.com. Sorry, the laptop that I'm on is not cooperating in making links.
Ohmega 18650 Stacked v2 Mechanical MOD

I can't vouch on the quality in these: :unsure:

Mechanical Mod Best Deals + Online Shopping | GearBest.com Page 2

Mechanical Mod, Quality and Cheap - 3FVape
The ohmega is out of stock but I did see it. I guess I'm gonna order from 3FVape, probably gonna get a few and hopefully they're decent.

Any word on good clones/ manufacturers?

Reactions: stols001

hat.jr

Sep 26, 2017
Technically, it's not a mech, but the Aspire CF Mod works just like a mech with the benefit of safety features like short circuit and over current protection. The voltage output is not regulated so the user is vaping what the battery can deliver to the specific coil being used. It uses regular 18650 batteries externally charged. It's attractive, durable and comfortable in the hand. I've had mine for a couple of months, and I really enjoy using it with a Kayfun Mini V3 with a one ohm coil load.

This really nice mod is available for $5.25 here:
Aspire CF MOD in Black (18650 Model)

The manufacturer page is here:
Aspire CF MOD Battery - Aspire® Official Site

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The ohmega is out of stock but I did see it. I guess I'm gonna order from 3FVape, probably gonna get a few and hopefully they're decent.

Any word on good clones/ manufacturers?
Ive has bad luck with Chinese brass in the past that was mixed with lead rather than copper. You are looking for copper mods though so it shouldn’t be an issue. Recycled copper is pretty cheap these days so what you buy is unlikely to be adulterated with lead. GL :)

Ive has bad luck with Chinese brass in the past that was mixed with lead rather than copper. You are looking for copper mods though so it shouldn’t be an issue. Recycled copper is pretty cheap these days so what you buy is unlikely to be adulterated with lead. GL :)
I posted 2 in this thread and one is brass :yawn:

Thanks for the tip tho, will forgo the brass one

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Technically, it's not a mech, but the Aspire CF Mod works just like a mech with the benefit of safety features like short circuit and over current protection. The voltage output is not regulated so the user is vaping what the battery can deliver to the specific coil being used. It uses regular 18650 batteries externally charged. It's attractive, durable and comfortable in the hand. I've had mine for a couple of months, and I really enjoy using it with a Kayfun Mini V3 with a one ohm coil load.

This really nice mod is available for $5.25 here:
Aspire CF MOD in Black (18650 Model)

The manufacturer page is here:
Aspire CF MOD Battery - Aspire® Official Site

yup...this was my first "mech" mod. rocked one for a long time while learning the basics

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Geekvape made a couple of kits - the Karma and Tsunami - and both included a mod and RDA. In fact, the Karma kit came with an atty that could be configured as an RTA or RDA. The Tsunami kit came with a 24mm Tsunami Pro RDA. Not sure about current availability but I owned both and they are affordable (around 50 bucks or so), authentic mods from a reputable company.

Another to consider (if available) is the CoilArt Mage Mech Tricker Kit, which includes a mod and RDA. I had a resin version that was gorgeous. Again, an affordable ($50) kit from a know manufacturer.

My favorite mechs are Avid Lyfe Able clones purchased from Fast Tech and 3fvape. I currently have three copper, two brass, and one stainless steel - and all of them work fine - and I have four of them in my daily rotation. Each cost less than 20 bucks.

If you don't mind waiting for shipping, you can get decent clones from China at a good price.

• Agree

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Family portrait of the mechs I'm currently using. Two of the mods have replacement buttons, they feel more stable than the originals. Left to right: brass Able clone with replacement button and Icon RDA, stainless steel Able clone with Goon LP, brass AV clone with CoilArt Mage RDA, copper Able with replacement button and Cheetah RDA. Total investment of under 200 bucks including the authentic RDAs.

mechs.jpg

Geekvape made a couple of kits - the Karma and Tsunami - and both included a mod and RDA. In fact, the Karma kit came with an atty that could be configured as an RTA or RDA. The Tsunami kit came with a 24mm Tsunami Pro RDA. Not sure about current availability but I owned both and they are affordable (around 50 bucks or so), authentic mods from a reputable company.

Another to consider (if available) is the CoilArt Mage Mech Tricker Kit, which includes a mod and RDA. I had a resin version that was gorgeous. Again, an affordable ($50) kit from a know manufacturer.

My favorite mechs are Avid Lyfe Able clones purchased from Fast Tech and 3fvape. I currently have three copper, two brass, and one stainless steel - and all of them work fine - and I have four of them in my daily rotation. Each cost less than 20 bucks.

If you don't mind waiting for shipping, you can get decent clones from China at a good price.
I ended up ordering a Nemi copper clone and Givo 57 clone (can't even remember the exact name) in SS from 3fvape. Total was 15 bucks shipped. Did consider one of those AV ones tho, maybe on the next order.

I have been looking at that Mage Mech in Resin for months but I don't want a hybrid, plus my buddy got one and I have the feeling he'll sell it to me soon cuz he has no idea what he's doing (despite my warning for him to learn, at least I taught him ohms law and batt safety).

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I ended up ordering a Nemi copper clone and Givo 57 clone (can't even remember the exact name) in SS from 3fvape. Total was 15 bucks shipped. Did consider one of those AV ones tho, maybe on the next order.

I have been looking at that Mage Mech in Resin for months but I don't want a hybrid, plus my buddy got one and I have the feeling he'll sell it to me soon cuz he has no idea what he's doing (despite my warning for him to learn, at least I taught him ohms law and batt safety).

Watch with the Nemi copper, better keep it clean. I had an H Cigar one that, became a bear because the threads tarnished and stuck shut, I ended up having to just toss it eventually. I mean you need to take it apart completely and wipe it down every few days, especially if you sweat on it or have juice leak on it. Bare copper does take long to "grow", lol.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Watch with the Nemi copper, better keep it clean. I had an H Cigar one that, became a bear because the threads tarnished and stuck shut, I ended up having to just toss it eventually. I mean you need to take it apart completely and wipe it down every few days, especially if you sweat on it or have juice leak on it. Bare copper does take long to "grow", lol.

I always apply a small amount of Noalox to the threads of all my mech mods. It makes the threads very smooth and acts as an anti-seize compound by keeping the threads from tarnishing.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I always apply a small amount of Noalox to the threads of all my mech mods. It makes the threads very smooth and acts as an anti-seize compound by keeping the threads from tarnishing.

My experience is the exact opposite. I found it gunked up threads and caused poor performance. IMO, only use noalox for aluminium to aluminium connections and use a drop of 3in1 oil to lubricate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread