Looking to buy a vaporizer today within a budget, in need of suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrahmNoMore

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
The iStick is lighter, you don't need to replace the batteries and I believe cheaper cost wise. My vote there is for the iStick. On the tanks, I personally am preferential to the Kanger subtanks, I own two. Ive never owned any Aspire tanks, but I've got a buddy who has the Atlantis and it's not bad- just not my thing.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    20150313_135527_1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Another comparison in sizes, on the left is the istick 50w paired with a tobeco Kayfun V4 clone and on the right is a Sigelei 50w VR2 paired with a Subtank mini. Im very pleased with both set-ups and they are both small enough for me to pocket carry all day at work.

Either box will work very well, very different in size. The subtank is very large and most would skip. Between the Subtank Mini and Atlantis, there are hundreds of posts debating the subject, both are good and you will not go wrong with either. Bottom line, pick the battery box that you like best (the istick will eliminate the need to purchase other batteries and is much smaller) and the tank you like better.

Not much left to suggest as far as the mods go. They are both incredibly dependable and do as advertised. And they will both run the tanks your looking at perfectly. The Sigelei has more but unneeded power, and it looks better. But it's more expensive and is also quite a bit bigger. The istick is smaller, cheaper, and perfectly adequate for the tanks your looking at.

As for the tanks the subtank mini comes with (I think) 3 options for coils. One sub ohm coil, one 1.x? Ohm coil, and then one that is rebuildable to allow more versatility in your vape experience.

The Atlantis is also a sub ohm tank, and even though not advertised or intentional for user, the coils are able to be rebuilt.

They are both considered lung hitters essentially meaning big airflow big vapor production, BIG clouds. Also with great flavor.

They are both reliable and great tanks (I'm actually on the fence between the two myself) just look at cost, and aesthetics since your new to Vaping you have nothing of your own to compare you will be thrilled with both. Make sure you Google Image search the steel tank replacements for the Atlantis. I think they look totally badass and they add durability as well as eye candy to the package.

I just saw the wait time on Fasttech, 20 days? Is that right? Regarding the iStick

Either box will work very well, very different in size. The subtank is very large and most would skip. Between the Subtank Mini and Atlantis, there are hundreds of posts debating the subject, both are good and you will not go wrong with either. Bottom line, pick the battery box that you like best (the istick will eliminate the need to purchase other batteries and is much smaller) and the tank you like better.

20150313_135527_1.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Another comparison in sizes, on the left is the istick 50w paired with a tobeco Kayfun V4 clone and on the right is a Sigelei 50w VR2 paired with a Subtank mini. Im very pleased with both set-ups and they are both small enough for me to pocket carry all day at work.

Looks dope

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    I am ready to finally order my own vape online. I went in person to my local vape shop and they had a lot of nice vapes but the prices were way too expensive and for that reason, I will order everything I will need for my vape online. So before I ask for any suggestion, I would prefer something that is going to total less than $100 for both a mod and atomizer (even cheaper would be nice) I don't need to include battery or charger in my budget as of now because my brother already has a couple he will give me. I want something that is not ridiculously expensive, within my budget, and that works great, also great reviews won't hurt either. I love the vapes that have the very wide mouth pieces. I'm just worried about ordering something online and I receive a garbage vape which is why I am asking the best site for suggestions. I'm basically asking for suggestions on an ENTIRE vape including all accessories such as wire (what gauge?) A couple days ago I had an Apollo mod by AmeraVape I believe and an El Diablo Mephisto V3 clone atomizer and I liked it but would prefer to have a different one than him. I really do not mind if it is tank or drip. I have only had the chance to try dripping and never have tried a tank, they look neat though. Here are two pictures of the vape my buddy let me borrow for a week and I love the wide tip and the venting it had. Also some vapes have a locking mechanism at the bottom so if you set down it will push the firing button on which I would not prefer a locking mechanism on the button.Here are two pictures of the one my buddy let me borrow and I did like it but would be nice if I can get something better, drip or tank is fine.. View attachment 419337 View attachment 419338 . Before I posted this question, I did a bit of research but the options are limitless lol. Since I am new to vaping and have never used a tank, I'm not sure all the parts I would need for a tank instead of a mechanical mod since I've never used a tank but would love to use one. Here is what I was thinking, all input is greatly appreciated;

Atomizer: Dark Horse RDA Clone $19.99 - VividSmoke.com or Plume Veil v1.5 RDA Clone [White] $19.99 - VividSmoke.com
    Mod: Buster Mod Clone [SS] $33.99 - VividSmoke.com or https://www.fasttech.com/products/3027/10009160/1448300-nemesis-style-mechanical-mod or https://www.fasttech.com/products/3027/10009322/1795000-stingray-x-style-stainless-steel-copper
    Wiring: Kanthal A-1 Wire 24g AWG $1.99 - VividSmoke.com (my buddy uses 22 gauge, no idea what the difference is besides size)
    Already have battery, charger, cotton, and all the tools needed for the coils for now. Thanks so much again

24 gauge is very thick I think for somebody just starting out.
    I recommend getting a few feet each of a few gauges, but 30 gauge is a good versatile gauge; and if you already intend to use rebuildables 28 might be your convenient starting point

For starting out brand new to vaping, a mech is inadvisable.
    If you can afford a sigelei 100 that would be great; otherwise maybe just go for a vamo, or elvt2 or svd2.

I been eyeballing this package deal on fasttech for a few weeks :
    vamo10 + kayfun4, $56 with batteries and charger included.
    2142101-8.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...-v10-vv-vw-variable-voltage-wattage-apv-mod-w

Last edited:

Spanky Payne

Mar 7, 2015
    Jasper Missouri
    I agree that starting with a mechanical mod is not the best way. For your budget, why not buy a Kanger Kbox (about $26 online), an Aspire Atlantis or Kanger Subtank Mini ($30), and two new batteries ($15)? This will get you out the door for less than $70 with a setup that is easy to use, SAFE, and allow a lot of flexibility in power and use. Then once you have an idea of what direction you really want to go, you can take that other $30 plus any more savings to head in a direction you want.

I forgot to mention the kbox, I have one and looove it

CocoCamm

Apr 8, 2015
    South Jersey
    I started vaping a little over six months ago. I started with a Kanger Evod kit (2 batteries aand 2 tanks included with the kit I think it cost around $60). A few months later I wanted something with more power and went with the (then) new 20w istick with a nautilis tank. Man, what a difference! I eventually stuck a Veritas dripper on it and was quite happy until my istick starting going downhill and wasnt holding a charge as long. Friday I upgraded to a simpl mech mod. Still using my Veritas (love it as it has a deep well and rarely leaks, and when it does its user error lol).

Long story short I would recommend starting with a regulated mod like the new 50w istick. You can outfit it with an atlantis or nautilis tank for premium vapor/flavor production. Once your no longer a rookie you can read up on building coils then get yourself a nice dripper.

Have fun with the journey!

Edited to add...whoops took too long to post and I see that you updated to say you received your mod. Happy vaping :)

And no, once the battery goes, bye bye mod :( Thats one off the disadvantages of a mod like that. But in theory it should last around 300 charges (supposedly).

Last edited:

this is my name

ECF Veteran
    Oct 13, 2014
    North Little Rock, AR, USA
    Just received the istick 50 and the subtank mini along with flavors #05 and #32 from Vape Beard, "The Lover" by Vintage and Suicide Bunny's The OB . Loving it so far, what's concerning me is when the batteries start to die are they easily replaceable? Thanks! Imgur

As easy as placing an order for a New I stick 50... If you want to get a good one with a replaceable battery check out the ipv mini 2. Costs a lil more but it looks cooler imo and you don't have to toss it once the battery is done.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    California
    Another option over the istick 50 would the ipv mini 2. It will cost a little bit more, but it goes 20 watts higher, so if you use an RDA, you can run it at 50 watts without maxing out the chip. It has USB charging, but replaceable batteries. And I like the form factor.... Fits my hand better then there istick.
    Online prices you should still be around the $100 mark with that and a kanger sub tank mini (one of the best tanks out IMO)
    Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
    Jan 5, 2015
    Dude get he assassin plus a swirl fish on it from vapordna.com it looks like a sexy black beast and if you put some 22 gauge hot wire on it it will blow your freakin mind.

The Assassin has the weakest hit out of all of my mods. Definitely not worth $50.

You can get a Tobeco Tobh for $10 at 101vape. Awesome dripper, but be sure to have a spare drip tip since it doesn't come with one. You'll be instantly disappointed with a Dark Horse. All that rda can do is blow a cloud and leave you begging for flavor.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread