Looking to buy the Octopus RDA, N00b wick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat chocolate

Aug 16, 2012
Avon Lake
So i've been looking into buying the octopus rda off of madvapes, but when i look into buying the replacement wick, they only have the wick for the drunker rebuildable. Does it really matter? What type of wick and size are others using with this rebuildable, and where can I get it? Moving into rebuildables is a completely foreign world to me and any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

sooevo

May 2, 2013
Boston
What i did when i got the octopus from madvapes which was also my first rebuild-able was to check the coils on the stock wicks to see if there were any hot spots. I pushed the coils around and they were all heating up evenly and i started vaping off of the stock. you will be surprised by how well the octopus works even at stock or it surprised me at least. For me it took off the pressure of thinking, "oh man now i need to rebuild this and find wicks and get the right kanthal wire." When i did want to rebuild it i just got kanthal and used the stock wicks to play around. Right now i have it set up with ss mesh at 500 and im getting a pretty clean tasting vape. Im still learning myself so i hope someone chimes in lol... I got my mesh, extra silica from myvaporstore and 100 ft kanthal from ebay for around $8.

jangeisler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Denmark
If you get the octopus, it needs a little fixing. At least mine did.

First, take off both o rings, wrap 1 round of teflon tape in the groove, and refit the rings. Now it should be nice and tight.

Next, if the thumbscrews dont go all the wat down, remove the coil, and work the thumbscrews down by tightening and loosening continuously

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread