Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
getting specific ratios is a thing of the past. Vendors and makers geared their ratio to the most popular and that is 70vg/30pg.
Coyote is right though, in a matter of weeks, per the new law, buying any ratio will not be possible, save possibly for the B&M's and even that is not clear.
I would RUN fast and get some nicotine in the next 2 weeks so you can figure out how to make your own

Reactions: B I L

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I never understood why getting an exact diluent ratio is so all fired important. I've been doing DIY for a good bit now and I never take in consideration the amount of PG or VG I use in my recipes. The flavors are in PG ,nicotine is in PG. Once I combine my flavors and nicotine, I top the whole thing off with VG. I'll leave a little headspace just in case, like a juice with only 2 or 3 flavors will be a little thick, to add some PG. I never ever measure PG or VG. Never found that it makes that much difference.

Reactions: YoursTruli

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Some folks are sensitive to PG and some folks are sensitive to VG.
Some, are neither. Which sounds like you.
Thus, they want to achieve a combination which vapes in a pleasing way, but is not irritating.
Others simply prefer more taste or more clouds, without sensitivity issues.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I never understood why getting an exact diluent ratio is so all fired important. I've been doing DIY for a good bit now and I never take in consideration the amount of PG or VG I use in my recipes. The flavors are in PG ,nicotine is in PG. Once I combine my flavors and nicotine, I top the whole thing off with VG. I'll leave a little headspace just in case, like a juice with only 2 or 3 flavors will be a little thick, to add some PG. I never ever measure PG or VG. Never found that it makes that much difference.

If you want a Max VG juice, certainly, it would make no sense. But we don't all vape Max VG. Some of us vape 70VG, 50VG, 35VG, etc. There used to be someone on this forum that vaped 90PG due to some medical issue.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't want to diy.

You'll have to get used to not being able to select your VG/PG ratio then because online purchasing of vape supplies is going away. You won't be able to buy custom blends in a brick and mortar store.

And come September there is a good possibility the only flavors you will be able to buy in a store are tobacco flavors.

I never wanted to DIY either, but the government forced me into it. I used to buy bulk sizes from heartland and that was plenty cheap enough for for me. But my recipes are easy since I only vape juices that contain only one flavor so DIY is really easy for me.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've been searching different sites to buy ejuice online. I want to select my own pg/vg but all I seem to find are sites that are preselected. Mostly 70/30. Looking for 60/40 or 50/50. Can someone please point me to a good ejuice site? Thanks.

I don't want to diy.
    Highbrow Vapor and Madtown Vapor were my go to sites before diy for tailor-made juice.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    I'm one that can't do high VG. 70 PG 30 VG is my norm. VG higher than that gives me a very uncomfortable heaviness in my chest.
    But yes buying your preferences online will very very soon become non-existent and already non-existent from a lot of shops due to an overwhelming amount of orders. Even now shops are saying they have such a high demand they are way behind on in house eliquid orders, some have stopped taking orders already because they doubt they can fill them before the shipping ban. I placed an order almost 2 weeks ago for some and they called me this week to say if they can't fill it before the shipping ban they will refund me, they are that backed up.
    I tend to think a lot of shops had already scaled back employees due to a number of factors... upcoming deeming, covid and overall lower demand.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I'm one that can't do high VG. 70 PG 30 VG is my norm. VG higher than that gives me a very uncomfortable heaviness in my chest.
    But yes buying your preferences online will very very soon become non-existent and already non-existent from a lot of shops due to an overwhelming amount of orders. Even now shops are saying they have such a high demand they are way behind on in house eliquid orders, some have stopped taking orders already because they doubt they can fill them before the shipping ban. I placed an order almost 2 weeks ago for some and they called me this week to say if they can't fill it before the shipping ban they will refund me, they are that backed up.
    I tend to think a lot of shops had already scaled back employees due to a number of factors... upcoming deeming, covid and overall lower demand.
    Adding distilled water to your juice helps with the heavy lung. Works wonders for me; now I can vape high vg with no issues. Being sensitive to pg was a big problem for me at one time.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Adding distilled water to your juice helps with the heavy lung. Works wonders for me; now I can vape high vg with no issues. Being sensitive to pg was a big problem for me at one time.

Thanks I will try that! :) I have always had that problem I used to vape even higher PG.

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks I will try that! :) I have always had that problem I used to vape even higher PG.
    I mix with pg base nic, 8% dw, vg. You can just add a couple /three drops dw to your tank and see if it helps before taking the plunge with your bottles of juice.

• Love

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I think I'll order one more liter of nicotine while I can.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread