Looking to cross over to 510 and EGO but have questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valcas1

Feb 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
I have been vaping for over 6 months and analog free since day one with my mini 808's from V2. My current batteries are nearing the end of their life based on my limited knowledge and I am thinking of buying a few EGOs. Let me explain how I vape and what my needs are and then ask for your input.

vaping for me is NOT a hobby. It was a means for me to quit smoking and was really really effective at that. I don't mind using cartomizers and filling them throughout my day. I vape PG tobacco juice from Health cabin because it is cheap and this it works for me.I am looking for something simple and maintenance free. With all that said I will know ask questions.

I am thinking of ordering 2 650mah ego batteries. I pondered the idea of VV Twist but at this time I think the EGO with cartomizers is the way to go for me. Size of the regular 650s with a cart and a cone seem close in length to my current set up just larger diameter. Maybe a twist is down the road with clearomizer, time will tell.

What ohm carts should I be using with the 3.3v battery to recreate the warmish vapor that I am getting from my 808's at 3.7v with carts I believe are 2.4-2.6ohm?

Do you think that my choice is a good low maintenance, pocketable device? Is there others I should look into?

Thanks so much for your valuable input.

Paul.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
The regular EGO do well in LR range 1.5-2.0 on SCC or DCC. Although i haven't used many Single coils I believe the way the load is designed standard resistance should be ok on those as well. I have always used LR DCC on my older EGO's for massive vapor production warm and full.

I definitely think if time will tell on the Twist. Let time tell now and save another purchase and just go with the TWIST now... You don't have to change the setup you love now with it and gives you the ability to change later should you get adventurous:)

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
There are advantages and disadvantages to everything. The Twist is no different. It is great for the fact that you get a full variable voltage device for less than $30. The bad thing is, it's very long. The 650mah Twist is about the same size as a standard 1000mah eGo. I own the 1000mah Twist and let me say that it is not a "pocketable" device. It's annoying how long it is and I wish I hadn't got it because I never use it due to the size.

The Twist is a good option because if you go to place an order for some cartomizers and they don't have the resistance you need in stock, no biggie. Get a higher resistance and just bump up the voltage to match the others and vice versa.

I feel that dual coil cartomizers are not worth it on a standard 3.7ish device. Yeah, they work just fine, but once you have had a dual coil running at 5v you will understand why I feel this way. Dual coils rock at 5v. --- besides the point though---

You will be completely happy with a standard eGo and cartos that are running @ 1.7-2.0 ohms. I would personally look for the eGo C upgrage batteries. These enable you to turn off the regulation and get a full ~4.1v device off the charger and will slowly drain to about 3.2v before it's time to charge. That battery will give you the best results if you choose not to get a Twist.

Photon55

Jul 5, 2012
Florida
The eGo T kit I recently bought has a 900mAh batt. Lasts more than a day. It came with two set ups, extra tanks and a wall charger that can be used as a USB charger. I really like the simplicity of the system, but I think all vapes are like motorcycles, they have to be tinkered with to work best. The attys need cleaning, but there are plenty of vids on Youtube to help with that. I also bought a couple of Mega Dual Coil cartomizers low resistance 1.7ohm, from Smok. These are good also with the batts, but the tip is a piece of rubber that's like the mouth piece of a snorkle. I really like the tanks the best for the feel. Seems like either way it's pretty close to trouble free. Good luck with you choice.
Got my stuff at MadVapes and have been happy with the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread