Looking to upgrade, but some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl5167

Mar 6, 2013
Florida
At the same VV setting you should get about the same vape. The VW of the VAMO will make it easier to get a consistent experience everytime. For me getting the VAMO was that I liked the idea of the replacable batteries and keeping the same device. I also had not bought a twist/spinner yet and found the VAMO at a price point that made me think it was worth my money. I had already decided I wanted to go the way of VV/VW device and founf it at a good price point to me. If you already have a VV device and you happy with wait for it reach end of life and then upgrade. If you not happy the VAMO is a good product with a good price point and should have better battery life. The battery life will depend on the battey rating that you buy for it and how you use it.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Hi, Steph! Glad you like your 1300 mAh Spinner--I didn't dare to order it. Does it feel comfortable in your hand? With a clearo on top, I was afraid it would look like a flute. :facepalm:

Hiya Katya! It feels very comfy and doesn't feel as big as I thought it would :laugh:

I've played both flute and piccolo and I can tell ya that it's piccolo size, far from being flute size ;)

I am currently using an ego twist and was wondering if devices like the lava tube, or Vamo will make any difference.
For example, let's say I take a vape using an ego twist. I then take out the clearo and use it on a lava tube or Vamo. Woud there be a huge difference in taste/throat hit? Would I go "WOW!!!" or "Meeeh. No difference."

Oh, and the Provari is out of my league. So, would appreciate it if anybody can give me some opinions on what they think, excluding the Provari. :)

Thanks!

Granted I have nowhere near the experience that the vets of this site do. I'd been vaping on cheap 510 cigs and cartos like the blu, 21st century smoke and disposables for around 6 or so months. Then i upgraded to my ego-t's with the cone carto/plastic tank and ce4 clearos for the past year, so close to around two years total. I just ordered myself a VAMO v2 that should be in next week sometime. I've already received some 3.5ml vivi nova tanks that I ordered for it from somewhere else, I notice I'm getting less vape from them (vivi novas) on my ego-t than I do with my ce4 clearos, which I'm assuming is because theres not enough power for the vivi nova heads. but if you'd like, once my VAMO comes in next week an I put it to the test with my ce4 clearos, ego cone carto/tank's and vivi nova tanks I'll gladly PM you or post back on here with whether or not there's much of a difference and if so how much. as well as some decent places for prices on batteries and such. Just let me know via PM or post back on here and I'll come check the posts again when it comes in.:)

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Granted I have nowhere near the experience that the vets of this site do. I'd been vaping on cheap 510 cigs and cartos like the blu, 21st century smoke and disposables for around 6 or so months. Then i upgraded to my ego-t's with the cone carto/plastic tank and ce4 clearos for the past year, so close to around two years total. I just ordered myself a VAMO v2 that should be in next week sometime. I've already received some 3.5ml vivi nova tanks that I ordered for it from somewhere else, I notice I'm getting less vape from them (vivi novas) on my ego-t than I do with my ce4 clearos, which I'm assuming is because theres not enough power for the vivi nova heads. but if you'd like, once my VAMO comes in next week an I put it to the test with my ce4 clearos, ego cone carto/tank's and vivi nova tanks I'll gladly PM you or post back on here with whether or not there's much of a difference and if so how much. as well as some decent places for prices on batteries and such. Just let me know via PM or post back on here and I'll come check the posts again when it comes in.:)

Hey, THANKS!!!!! That's terrific, cause i use mainly ce4 and ce5 clearos. Tried many different delivery systems and I still come back to them. Even the Kanger T3 were a disappointment to me. To me, they seemed to lack flavour and throat hit.
So glad to hear that you are using ce4, so that takes out one variable in the comparison. Please share your experience after your unit arrives, especially on the ce4. :)

THANKS!

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
borrow some $ and go for the gold.
get a ProVari. you won't regret it.
bigger battery, more volts = more vapor.

On my twist, if I go above 4.2v, the juice tastes burnt. So wouldn't it happen even if I were to use a Provari? If it does, then there shouldn't be a need to go above 4.2v, unless I rebuild right?
Sorry if I sound clueless, cause there's too much information and too little time.

Also, if I can't afford it, I'm not going to borrow money just to buy it. It just isn't right. No offense meant. :)

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I went from cig-alikes to Twists and had the "Wow, I didn't expect that much of a difference!" moment. Then, Friday, my Innokin itaste SVD came and my reaction (at least to some of my juices & clearos, cartos, etc.) was more along the lines of "Holy (insert profanity here)!!! I can't believe it! I thought people were exaggerating about these VV/VW devices!" So, personally, I think the SVD is worlds better. But, I still love my Twists and think they do just fine. I have absolutely no experience with the Vamo, LavaTube, etc., though, so I may be of absolutely no help whatsoever.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
On my twist, if I go above 4.2v, the juice tastes burnt. So wouldn't it happen even if I were to use a Provari? If it does, then there shouldn't be a need to go above 4.2v, unless I rebuild right?
Sorry if I sound clueless, cause there's too much information and too little time.

Also, if I can't afford it, I'm not going to borrow money just to buy it. It just isn't right. No offense meant. :)

Yes it would happen on the Provari also, and by no means should you borrow money to buy a device you don't need, nor really seem to want. VAMO's and other VW devices are a nice step up for their ability to use VW, the higher range, the ability to change batteries on the fly, and the ability to check resistance. But if 4.2 is the highest voltage you vape at, then the Twist should do just fine.

Really ridiculous to urge someone to borrow money to buy a high priced mod they don't want or need. I am saving for a Provari, not because I need one, but because I want one. My 1300 mah spinner, VAMO, Sigelie Zmax, and Sig V8's do everything I need, and more.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If you're saving for a ProVari, I would probably wait for a long-overdue upgrade. ProVari is the best APV, without a doubt, but it is aging quickly. When it was first introduced, it was a revelation and an instant classic. It revolutionized vaping. It still is the one to beat. But it needs to be upgraded--I hope that the good folks at ProVape are working on a ProVari 3.0 with VW. :)

ProVari is beautiful and smooth and reliable--but it's only a metal tube with a spring, a battery and a microchip inside. :)

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
I went from cig-alikes to Twists and had the "Wow, I didn't expect that much of a difference!" moment. Then, Friday, my Innokin itaste SVD came and my reaction (at least to some of my juices & clearos, cartos, etc.) was more along the lines of "Holy (insert profanity here)!!! I can't believe it! I thought people were exaggerating about these VV/VW devices!" So, personally, I think the SVD is worlds better. But, I still love my Twists and think they do just fine. I have absolutely no experience with the Vamo, LavaTube, etc., though, so I may be of absolutely no help whatsoever.
Oh craps!!! Now you got me wanting another piece of equipment. :)
Here's a thought. Why does it work better with some clearos, cartos, etc? I'm trying to nail it down. I understand that each and every clearo/carto etc will probably work differently due to different wicks, resistance, spacing between the coils, etc. Just want to find if there's a common factor. I'm probably on a fool's quest, but it never hurts to get feedback so I can learn.
THANKS!

borrow some $ and go for the gold.
get a ProVari. you won't regret it.
bigger battery, more volts = more vapor.

idk...i still don't see why the provari is 3 times the price of a vamo when it actually does LESS than the vamo. yes, it does look snazzy...but no VW! yes, when it came out it was a gamechanger...but the game has changed since then a few times. if provari starts doing VW, they will probably do it better than anyone else...but then the new provari will cost $200.

Last edited:

cymric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Vancouver Canada
if you're looking to upgrade, get a vamo, or even an innokin svd. the svd just came out, so it may be hard to find one...but i have both and they perform similarly and have almost exactly the same specs and range. vamo is cheaper, and just comes with the tube, no batteries, no nothing. it's a simple, sleek looking device. the svd, on the other hand, costs $100 and comes with 2 iclear30 tanks in a really nicelypacked little box. also, the svd looks like a lightsaber!!! as far as a difference in performance, at the same voltage/wattage settings with the same atomizer setup, you won't notice much of a difference other than consistency...but you have the ability to almost double that power level at the touch of a button, and with VW mode, you can just pop a different atty/carto/tank/rba whatever on there and regardless of the resistance of your atty, the vamo or svd will give you the power you want without changing anything. if/when you eventually feel like upgrading, either of these devices will run just about any atomizer you can screw onto them, as long as they're above 1.2 ohms. the lavatube is junk in my opinion...i've seen a lot of them break, their customer service is nonexistant, and it doesn't do VW! hope some of this helps!

I have only been vaping for two months. At the one month mark I moved from two egos with 900 batteries to a stainless steel Vamo V3 with two 18650 batteries. I love my Vamo. It is sleek and easy to operate. I found a good instruction guide to the Vamo produced and posted by Fabio Passaro - Meshweaver Productions (07/01/2013)4 (VAMO_VV_VW_MOD_V2_USER_GUIDE.pdf), found the ohms law calculator here:http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.ph, and found the Reddits Vaping Power Chart here: www.reddit.com/r/electric_cigarette.

Best of luck finding the right set up for you.

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I recently started vaping again after several years of relapsing. I started again by using the the 650 mAh Egos I bought 3 or 4 years ago that still worked. I read so much about the new VV models I decided to get an Ego VV passthrough to try it out on the cheap. I found that I preferred my juices at the lowest level anyway.

I got tired of charging and packing 2 batteries to take to work along with a couple of Evods of different flavors, so I considered a Vamo for battery life. I was attracted to the VW feature since I change clearos frequently and didn't want to have to change the voltage all the time. After reading about the Vamo's cheap brass threads being a problem and the chrome finish wearing off quickly (stainless steel was unavailable at the time and cost more anyway) I decided on a brushed stainless steel Segelei Zmax VV/VW telescope. The build quality is very good. It has all the features of a Vamo without the downfalls and doesn't cost much more. The menu is simple with one button instead of two, and it accommodates Ego threaded clearos like the Evod without an adapter. I got a complete kit with 2 18650 batteries, a charger and a ce4 clearo from ElectroNicStix for under $75.

Does it make a difference in vapor production? Yes. A difference in TH? Not so much. I'm enjoying the "set it and forget it" aspect of VW. (lazy much?) Now I just have to get used to the huge size and weight difference. :)

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia

A lot of juices don't like heat - that's important to consider. You may find you don't use the higher settings much, but having a mod that allows you to replace the batteries mid-vape is great to have in your arsenal. I have a Provari & I love it, but I could afford it without financial harm. It's set to the same voltage as my twists (that I also still use daliy), due to the fruity juices I prefer. I can honestly say I don't notice any difference in vape between the two. Yes, you'll appreciate having a second type of mod, but settle on one in your price point, based on the advice you're getting here, without worrying that you can only get a great vape without spending more that you can afford.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread