Looking to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExcelciusMaximus

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Austin, TX
I've been vaping on and off for the last 3 years, and recently started again. Haven't been on the forums much, but see that a lot has happened in the last few years. So many new products, so much research to do. My setup has been a standard eGo battery (650mah I believe) and either an LR 510 atty or LR single coil carto since I started. I did try the eGo-T tank/atty when it first came out, but didn't much care for it. I decided I want to invest in a more updated, more satisfying setup and need some recommendations.

The eGo style has always been my thing, so I want to stay true to that for the most part. I thought about going and buying a few different tanks with cartos of different ohms, clearomizers, new batteries, and other accessories and then finding what I like that way. But, realize that could get costly and will likely be time consuming.

I like the idea of a tank or clearomizer on a standard eGo battery. I'm confused as to what ohm rating I would need to deliver a satisfying TH and decent vapor production though. I normally went with LR cartos/attys because of their increased performance on a standard eGo battery, but not sure how tank cartos or clearomizers work in that department. Below is a link to a cheap starter kit from smoktek that I thought might be a good start.

Any other input from eGo lovers is appreciated. :) thanks

SmokTek Kit

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've found no better match than the Tabac BCC (bottom coil clearomizer) for the eGo. The 1.8ohm coil works well for strong flavors, 2.2 coil for lighter flavors. The coils are changeable - just screw them in.... Available at Good Prophets and heaven gifts as Tabac BCC which I recommend since they sell the unit with the 1.8 coil already in. Other vendors that sell the Kanger T3 have the 2.4-2.6ohm coil 'oem' and it is too cool for my lightest of flavors.

eGo 3ml Tabac BCC (Bottom Coil Changeable) Clearomizer

eGo 3ml Tabac BCC Clearomizer - Spare Bottom Coils

Refill upside down and I always check that the three silicone seals are in place to prevent leaks.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I like the Kanger T2's the best. I can fill it with enough eLiquid to get through most of the day and you can get the replacement coils in different resistances. I prefer 1.8 ohm or 2.2 ohm, myself. Also, the Kanger T2's are the only ones I've had success with. Other larger clearomizers/tanks have leaked on me. I had a Vivi Nova V3 that could hold 3.5 ml of eLiquid and an iClear 30 and both leaked on me. :(

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks for the suggestions, Kent. I actually ended up doing some more research and ordering 2 eGo twist batts and an eVOD. May branch out into other tanks/clearos after.

Evod isn't bad, although I've had some problems with them, where other vapers, not so much. I like the more capacity of the Tabac/T3's plus being able to see the ejuice level better. You should do well with that setup though.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Evod isn't bad, although I've had some problems with them, where other vapers, not so much. I like the more capacity of the Tabac/T3's plus being able to see the ejuice level better. You should do well with that setup though.

I do have to say that it is hard to check the fluid level in the eVods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread