Lorann Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
I have never used loranns liquids.

If you add too much does it clogg attys?

Can you add it to flavored eliquid to strentgthen flavor?

How much is too much? I'd try a few drops at a time until I get the strength just to my liking.

As for strengthening flavor, yes, it does work and you can also mix some up, too!

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
astroglide! you quack be up!

btw, since you seem to be an expert on lubricants -- is astroglide edible?

Well.... I have a DIY reputation to uphold so...

Astroglide contains Water, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-15, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.

It starts off looking like e-liquid, doesn't it?

But then we go off into chemistry-land.

Polyquaternium-15 is a copolymer of Acrylamide-dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate methyl chloride. It's positive charge ionically bonds it to hair and skin. It has antimicrobial properties. Just the chloride at the end tells me I don't want to vape it.

Methylparaben is an antifungal preservative. Per Wikipedia (yeah, I know):

Methylparaben is readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract or through the skin.[1] It is hydrolyzed to p-hydroxybenzoic acid and rapidly excreted without accumulation in the body.[1] Acute toxicity studies have shown that methylparaben is practically non-toxic by both oral and parenteral administration.[1] In a population with normal skin, methylparaben is practically non-irritating and non-sensitizing; however, allergic reactions to ingested parabens have been reported.[1] Methylparaben can be found in many of the leading skin/face products.

It might be ok... but why risk it?

Propylparaben is also a preservative used in cosmetics.

Ok... so I know it wasn't a serious question... but to quote NBC... "The More You Know..."

Well now we know we can make our own Astroglide. Just use it quickly so you don't have to add the preservatives! :)

I now own a small mountain of Loranns and have been mixing and measuring ALL THE TIME...problem is I have a serious sweet tooth and i cant seem to get a sweet enough concoction mixed up! After the 1st few hits the flavors seem to dissipate. I am using VG, but it doesnt seem to help much...any suggestions?

I heard Stevia is good to sweeten with, not a sugar.

dartbull24

May 24, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I took a little 3ml squeeze drip bottle ( i like to take one with me when i go out) and filled it about 85% with RY4 (my fav standard flavor) and added about 10-12% loranns butterscotch... then about 3 drops of chocolate eliquid and 1 drop of vanilla eliquid... and BAMM! i swear to go it tastes exactly like a White Chocolate mocha with caramel sauce from Starbucks! i was SO addicted to those before i tried to get healthy and cut out the crazy calories.. So now i get my fav starbucks drink and my nicotine fill all with my vape now.. i honestly cant put it down now.. SOOOO GOOOD!

I took a little 3ml squeeze drip bottle ( i like to take one with me when i go out) and filled it about 85% with RY4 (my fav standard flavor) and added about 10-12% loranns butterscotch... then about 3 drops of chocolate eliquid and 1 drop of vanilla eliquid... and BAMM! i swear to go it tastes exactly like a White Chocolate mocha with caramel sauce from Starbucks! i was SO addicted to those before i tried to get healthy and cut out the crazy calories.. So now i get my fav starbucks drink and my nicotine fill all with my vape now.. i honestly cant put it down now.. SOOOO GOOOD!

Oh my, RY4 is the best....gotta try this for my chocolate juice I don't care for.....brb, lol.:hubba:

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
How much is too much? I'd try a few drops at a time until I get the strength just to my liking.

As for strengthening flavor, yes, it does work and you can also mix some up, too!
Thanks Rogue!!

I will give it a try when I get my order. Never tried Lorann's stuff.

I have heard pro and con, but, at these prices cant lose;-)

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
I just took a 15ml bottle, filled it about 25% with unflavored 36mg, 15% PG, 10% Glycerine, 40% Liquid Xpress's Vanilla & Creme, and 10% Lorann's Chocolate. It tastes just like Hot Cocoa... especially after the atomizer warms up and the vapor is hot. I think I have a new favorite :)
I hear you are the PRO;)

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Thanks Rogue!!

I will give it a try when I get my order. Never tried Lorann's stuff.

I have heard pro and con, but, at these prices cant lose;-)

Another suggestion -- if you have plenty of bottles and e-cigs, you can smoke two at a time!

I'm a menthol guy, so I always have the mint flavor e-cig to experiment with other flavors, like amaretto, vanilla, brandy, etc.

Just take it easy on the nic, since you're smoking two e-cigs at the same time!

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC

Ok, this one I *so* have to try. The only Starbucks I drank before buying a *good* espresso machine (hint - don't buy walmarts OR from starbucks) was their white chocolate mocha...with hazelnut. Sadly, I still effectively buy the WM sauce on ebay (the *only* thing SB doesn't sell..directly), but I can do a pretty good 'replica' with better espresso.

You've now got me drooling..dunno if I need to go make a WM and hazelnut latte, or...go buy some butterscotch, the only one listed I don't have at the moment :-(

Can't wait to try this one, though, thank you! :)

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2009
    Acme Looniversity
    just fyi - creme de menthe to me tastes like menthol. VERY strong.

Unfortunately, nothing tastes like mentol but menthol. Creme de Mente however is one of my favorites. My friends at work go ape over "butter rum". It's like smoking a Lifesaver. My latest favorite is anise. It's supposed to taste like licorice, but I swear it tastes like Good And Plenty candy. For some reason it makes the vapor taste differnt. Almost like it's been "cooled". And I think that's part of the appeal.

--Daffy

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2009
    Acme Looniversity
    Root beer and grape both seemed to clog up my atimizers if I used too much. It may be partially due to the color that's added. Both turn the juice almost jet black.

Generally, if you take off the top and it has a strong smell, it will probably be a good vape from my experience. Anise (licorice) turned out to be my favorite flavor (who knew!) and watermellon was really too light of a flavor to be enjoyable. The watermellon taste was there, just weak, same as a watermellon candy. My second favorite has to be butter rum. It tastes like a Lifesaver and my friends at work can't get enough of the stuff.

Spearmint is way too strong. I get tired of it, like after you chew gum too long. Tend to add a little bit to Creme de Menthe to give it a little extra bite.

I did a 1 part grape, 2 parts cherry, 1 part watermellon tonight and it's a very fresh taste. Really enjoyed it.

Vaping is SO not like smoking. Why was a satisfied with just mentol? You can smoke the same flavor for 10 years and it's okay. Now, I carry a minimum of three flavors on me at all time to fit my mood. And who knew licorace would be my favorite flavor! Try everything. You might be surprised.

OckhamsRazor

Jul 6, 2009
    Are there any of Lorann's flavors that aren't good for the attys? Thought I saw something about "oil based" not being good somewhere - there's a lot of info on these forums, which is a tribute to this awesome community, but there are very few FAQS on what has been tried and tested.

I'm totally down with mixing my own niquid, but I still have no REAL idea of what goes into it. Anyone feel like posting a How-to and then begging for a sticky?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread