lorann's tart and sour???

Status
Not open for further replies.

axefreak

Sep 27, 2010
new mexico
Greetings fellow vapors. I was at my local craft shop earlier and found something called Tart and Sour fruit flavor inhancer from lorann's. its ingredients are citric acid, water, malic acid, and sodium citrate. says a small amout will enhance your (candy) flavors, and a larger amount will create sour flavors. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this stuff. im a complete newbie to this and have no idea what im doing! :confused: thanks in advance for any thoughts or opinions!

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I bought some but haven't used it yet. I'm also hoping someone will chime in on whether or not it's safe. I've used plain citric acid and it does bring out the flavor of fruits. With the citric acid I made a PG solution at 10% and just added a couple of drops to 6ml. Next time I think I'll try adding a little more.

Big Easy

Jun 13, 2010
Kentucky
I thought it would be good also.
I have bought it and tried it on a couple of fruit punch type e-liquids.
I was mixing up 2ml samples of the juice and put 7 drops in them.
I noticed no difference in them. Waited about a week and tried them again, still no difference.
I have not tried it since.
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

HTH,
Jim

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I bought some but haven't used it yet. I'm also hoping someone will chime in on whether or not it's safe. I've used plain citric acid and it does bring out the flavor of fruits. With the citric acid I made a PG solution at 10% and just added a couple of drops to 6ml. Next time I think I'll try adding a little more.

I've had a bottle sitting here for about 6 months un-opened. I added it to an order from LorAnn so I could get free shipping. Sounded like a good idea at the time, but haven't built up the nerve to try it yet. Maybe it's time to dig it out :)

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Just added about 2cc to a 3ml bottle of my daily vape DIY Pomegranate. At first it seemed to take away some flavor, no other notable differences. After a while I started getting a burnt atty taste, but it had enough juice. Thought I didn't add enough until some juice got in my mouth and it tasted like a very sour candy. So the juice went down the drain and atty to a PGA bath.

I guess you never know until you try, but my bottle will return to the box in the corner :(

axefreak

Sep 27, 2010
new mexico
Just added about 2cc to a 3ml bottle of my daily vape DIY Pomegranate. At first it seemed to take away some flavor, no other notable differences. After a while I started getting a burnt atty taste, but it had enough juice. Thought I didn't add enough until some juice got in my mouth and it tasted like a very sour candy. So the juice went down the drain and atty to a PGA bath.

I guess you never know until you try, but my bottle will return to the box in the corner :(

Thanks for giving it a try. I tried it and didnt taste anything different, figured I let it sit a couple weeks and try again. Now Im not sure if I want to try it again.....

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY

Thanks for taking one for the team! I was looking at this too and will now stear clear.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio

What do you think of using citric acid in your mixes? I have a bottle.I know some of the suppliers do use it in their juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread