Los Angeles CIty COuncil -- Outright LIES or MISINFORMATION? Addictive E-Cigarettes BANNED (NBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
[h=1]LA Cracks Down on "Addictive" E-Cigarettes[/h]LA Cracks Down on "Addictive" E-Cigarettes | NBC Southern California

Statements by members of the Los Angeles City Council are either outright LIES or based on misinformation. I opt for "lies".

I wrote Councilman Paul Koretz a courteous e-mail suggesting he may have been given false information. I will NEVER hear back from him, however, a copy to NBC News might at least get a courtesy reply. They repeatedly report negative news on e-cigs and base their own reporting on the same bad information, lack of information or shock value associated with e-cigs. It ticks me off!

Councilman Koretz said: "What we don't know is the exact level of danger, but we know it is a nicotine product," said Councilman Paul Koretz. "We know it is addictive and we fear this will start a number of young people on tobacco cigarettes.”

Just like "guns" - it is ALWAYS for "the chillun"! Hogwash! It is for the money "...A city permit will be required to sell the e-cigarettes,..." - ALWAYS.

Politicians report falsehoods and the MEDIA supports them time and time again.

Senile Old Man Don

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
They love quoting the AECA (I can never remember the name of that group, but I'm close enough. It was formed to unify manufacturing practices & act as spokesperson, and offer a "seal of approval" for vendors who comply). Anyway, they've been quoted as saying "while we know nicotine is highly addictive". Ain't it fun.

Eric A. Blair

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2011
Democratic Peoples Republic of NJ
[h=1]LA Cracks Down on "Addictive" E-Cigarettes[/h]LA Cracks Down on "Addictive" E-Cigarettes | NBC Southern California

Statements by members of the Los Angeles City Council are either outright LIES or based on misinformation. I opt for "lies".

I wrote Councilman Paul Koretz a courteous e-mail suggesting he may have been given false information. I will NEVER hear back from him, however, a copy to NBC News might at least get a courtesy reply. They repeatedly report negative news on e-cigs and base their own reporting on the same bad information, lack of information or shock value associated with e-cigs. It ticks me off!

Councilman Koretz said: "What we don't know is the exact level of danger, but we know it is a nicotine product," said Councilman Paul Koretz. "We know it is addictive and we fear this will start a number of young people on tobacco cigarettes.”

Just like "guns" - it is ALWAYS for "the chillun"! Hogwash! It is for the money "...A city permit will be required to sell the e-cigarettes,..." - ALWAYS.

Politicians report falsehoods and the MEDIA supports them time and time again.

Senile Old Man Don

You are giving these activist left wing LA erected public serpents way too much power over you.

You should show up at the council hearing and beg them to pass the ban. Spiced Apple cider vapor tastes much better in your office When it is forbidden fruit.

They can't possibly enforce this. Heck they can't even enforce laws against illegal immigration in LA.

When Manuel the illegal immigrant catches you vaping in an empty room at a hotel he can call the cops. He will probably be given a medal.

He just wants money and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread