Lost my analog virginity... barf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I've been having a hell of a time with the USPS stealing/misdelivering my packages, my hardware failing or breaking, and my juices spilling. I can't even imagine how frustrated I would be if I were trying to quit analogs with vaping!

Anyways, since nicotine seems to help a ton with my health issues, I was getting kind of concerned about not being able to work (very physically demanding job) if I didn't get some soon. I asked a friend to pick up nicotine patches that I would cut in half, but they said the lowest dose one was $26. D: So I borrowed an analog from my girlfriend (a very occasional smoker). meh.

I didn't expect it to tickle my throat so much. Since I started with vaping, I was expecting a "throat hit" more like what I get with vapor (i.e. slightly painful). I didn't like the smell or the taste much, but the buzz was pretty impressive. I was pretty disappointed by the smoke output compared to my 100% vg. It was pretty unsatisfying, and I was glad to vape my last bit of kona coffee milkshake afterwards.

I'm honestly not sure why anyone would CHOOSE analogs over vaping, except of course that you don't have to rely on the effing USPS for that. :p I can safely say that if I didn't get any benefits from nicotine at all or could afford the patch (or even afford to replace the vaping supplies that were stolen), I wouldn't be considering having another one ever again. As it is, I may take one or two to work just to make it through the day without throwing up from pain again. =/ we'll see how it goes.

I really can't wait to be able to afford more vaping supplies. :mad: my hands smell all gross and I just want more tasty juice and cartomizers. :( It did the job but it's like the difference between choking down a bitter vitamin pill and eating a delicious meal to get nutrients.

Last edited:

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
This is absolutely terrible.

I cannot believe that you would ever do this. You were a complete non-smoker before vaping and now, you're smoking cigarettes? I am sorry if this comes off as harsh, but seriously dude, think about it!

Surely it seems that you were addicted before, but, after taking those few puffs that you took, you're probably screwed like the rest of us. You may not think so, but just remember, you reached for a cigarette when you didn't have the means to vape... what's stopping you from doing it again.

I wish you the best, stillalive, but I cannot begin to believe that there was any good that came from any of this. I'm sorry.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
This is absolutely terrible.

I cannot believe that you would ever do this. You were a complete non-smoker before vaping and now, you're smoking cigarettes? I am sorry if this comes off as harsh, but seriously dude, think about it!

Surely it seems that you were addicted before, but, after taking those few puffs that you took, you're probably screwed like the rest of us. You may not think so, but just remember, you reached for a cigarette when you didn't have the means to vape... what's stopping you from doing it again.

I wish you the best, stillalive, but I cannot begin to believe that there was any good that came from any of this. I'm sorry.

I gotta say, I share this opinion.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
wtf.gif

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, stillalive, as the saying goes "this is how it starts......". Stay the frig away from the analogs. Seriously. Not worth it.

It's a free country. I can tell you tho, we all started with that "I'll just have one cig once in a while" thing. And, as you yourself have mentioned in other posts, it's the nicotine in combination with other "stuffis" that is the most addicting. I think nic is still addicting tho... so best to avoid it, even with vaping.

IDK what kind of pain you are in, but analogs won't be worth it. There are usually other options, your doctor could tell you more. Best not to get addicted to nicotine. What is it, if you don't mind mentioning, that you think nicotine solves that is not treatable by other means? I know nicotine is a nerve agent.......

If you insist on the nic, since you feel there are no better practical options, save up and get some lozenges, patches or other stuff rather than analogs as a backup. Analogs are the worst way to get nicotine from a damage perspective.

2 cents.

Last edited:

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I don't think you guys get it... I was in a wheelchair on bad days and using a walker on good days. I was having multiple seizures a day. All of this has improved dramatically since I started vaping-- I can even walk without assistance now. I HAVE to be able to work or I won't be able to eat. If the USPS hadn't stolen my vaping supplies, I wouldn't even be considering it, but I have to work tomorrow and I'm not going to be able to if I'm having seizures and not able to walk and such.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I honestly don't care if I get addicted or not, since nicotine has improved my health by a million times. I prefer vaping anyways, and when I have money I'd rather buy vaping supplies or the patches, but I literally had no money and I'm not going to have more money if I don't work. :( I get paid on Wednesday and HOPEFULLY our ....ty USPS will be able to track down my packages... I've got the supplier looking into it too.

Judge all you like, but until you've walked a mile in my seizurey shoes and gone weeks (in the past) where you literally starved most days because you had no money and the government keeps denying your benefits... well, you would do ridiculous stuff to be able to work too. I would probably cut off a leg if it meant a permanent end to my health problems. :laugh:

but seriously, if anyone lives in Atlanta and wouldn't mind meeting up to give me some CE2s (or patches or whatever) or similar, I would be forever grateful. =/ I'm on my last one and it's doing this weird stuttering thing that makes me scared to use it since it seems like it's about to die. :(

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Yeah, that was my point too. Stillalive... isn't there someone... at work, whatever, that has some nic lozenges or patches around? There's so many other sources of nic than cigs. Really.

I've been asking around but everyone throws their patches and gum away! Why would they do that when a box of patches costs more than I spend on groceries in a week?! Do you know if my insurance might pay for the patch if my dr prescribed it for medical reasons?

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
oh man, I didn't even think of PIF! I'll have to check... it would really be better if someone lived in Atlanta. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I'm also going to check with my doctor and see what it takes to get nicotine patches covered, as the reason I chose vaping over that was financial reasons (but if my stuff keeps getting stolen by the effing USPS it probably evens out!). I've just been so down about it... it feels like getting your medicine stolen, and when you need it to avoid having a seizure and falling into the ovens at work, life just feels so unfriendly. >_<

Ok, I'm going to try to go figure out PIF now!

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I don't think you guys get it... I was in a wheelchair on bad days and using a walker on good days. I was having multiple seizures a day. All of this has improved dramatically since I started vaping-- I can even walk without assistance now. I HAVE to be able to work or I won't be able to eat. If the USPS hadn't stolen my vaping supplies, I wouldn't even be considering it, but I have to work tomorrow and I'm not going to be able to if I'm having seizures and not able to walk and such.

First of all, no one is judging you, at the very least, I am not. No need to post it on my visitor message thingy, making it seem like I was attacking you, which I was not. If you wanted to talk to me personally, you can send me a pm :)

That being said, self medicating isn't always a good idea. Especially when dealing with a drug like nicotine. You've a great deal of health issues it seems, and I am not going to believe that nicotine is the only thing that helps with those problems. It isn't a cure, nicotine that is, it's a vice. You gain temporary reprieve from vaping, and I suppose you believe it's the nicotine doing it, but smoking a cigarette will only make it worse. Why would you believe me when I say that? You feel better, that's all that matters right?

The more you smoke cigarettes, especially as a way to gain nicotine as some sort of medication, the less vaping will have those "medicinal" effects you believe nicotine has. As we all know, it isn't straight nicotine but an altered much more potent form of nicotine you gain from smoking a cigarette rather than vaping. Now that your body is becoming used to that nic-intake (and believe me, it does not take long), do you really think that vaping nicotine will hold the same effect?

Any medication taken too much for too long, well, your body gets used to it and no longer works as well as it did the first time using it. Then again, I do not even know how nicotine can hold such healing properties as you claim it does.

I am not trying to deface you, judge you, call you names, belittle you in any way. If anything, I say this stuff because I DO care, whether or not that is how it is taken, is up to you. I only mentioned the harm possible based on your reasoning of using nicotine, as I believe there is no reason to tell you what repercussions come from smoking itself. Have you seen someone near-death from lung cancer, and not in a picture either, actually talk to them, see them, watch them suffer? I find it hard to believe that anyone who cares to live could, and still smoke.

I take vaping seriously in the aspect that I am serious about not smoking. It has haunted my mind with fears of early death by cancer for years and I lack the will to quit on my own. I am glad that you've found something to help you with your condition, but you've got to see it from my point of view as well. I am almost insulted that you started smoking because of vaping, regardless of the intentions involved. I really want you to be healthy and feel better. Surely, there has to be some sort of medication that can help you as nicotine does?

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
<snip> and when you need it to avoid having a seizure and falling into the ovens at work, life just feels so unfriendly.

Look. We can't give you medical advice, only our general opinions. That statement scares me more than the cigs (invoked a real nasty image).... So, if you have seizures, and that's a real danger, you shouldn't be working in that job. I know that's easy for me to say, but it's correct. Nicotine is no guarantee against seizures. And Levitas already mentioned tolerance and dosage changes.

Only you can evaluate the risks. From here, it sounds like ....... you need to change jobs. That's not easy, I know. And it's easy for me to say. And you need to talk to your doctor...like we've said.

I know it's not my place to say it, but I said it anyway. Either that, or it's not as much of a danger as it sounded. Either way.... think.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
I have some 4 mg menthol lozengers I can send you-they are just sitting in my drawer. PM me your info and I can send right out.

Everyone is trying to keep you away for those cigarettes because we know the evil they can do. Take starrynight up on her generosity. Stay away from the GD cigarettes. You made it before without them - you can make it without them now. There is no good that will come from cigarettes. Find the nicotine somewhere else. Snus wouldn't break your bank - any it has the nicotine.

bobsyeruncle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 5, 2010
    in a cave, eh?
    Good luck getting your supplies. I read the posts and it sounds like you've possibly come up with the one case where nicotine delivery in any form is preferable to what you're going through without.

Are you taking any medicine for the seizures? A quick google suggested that nicotine may interfere with anti-seizure medications, but all by itself may provide some relief.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread