Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
This is the new thread in the Evolve forums. Brandon started the thread, it gives a few more details on the problem and also states that Evolve is extending the warranty to one year for the units showing this problem.
About Orions that stop responding
So glad they figured it out! My first one did that, just died but new one so far is fine.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow, this is pretty bad for this device... I've been looking at this device alot with interest however, this would be a concern... Are metal mouth tips available for this device?

I got mine on September 10th and I quickly got 3 more Orions. And not a single tip cracked yet.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Mine will arrive on Wednesday. My hope is that a 70/30 VG will wick well and 6 mg will be enough in the 0.25 ohm pods. I hate having multiple nic and VG/PG ratio mixes all over the place and would prefer to just stick with the juices I already have on hand and like.

I guess I'm just lazy.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Mine will arrive on Wednesday. My hope is that a 70/30 VG will wick well and 6 mg will be enough in the 0.25 ohm pods. I hate having multiple nic and VG/PG ratio mixes all over the place and would prefer to just stick with the juices I already have on hand and like.

I guess I'm just lazy.
70% PG?

Reactions: BillW50

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA

I guess I'm just lazy.

Me too (grabs vape wondering which flavor is in it). I started out with certain color rubber rings and random mixes but over time they all began to taste the same... dull.

Whenever I see 70/30 I instinctively think 70% vg.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia

I guess I'm just lazy.

I’ve had mine since last Wednesday running 70/30 vg/pg and it’s alright, I think it takes a little getting use to. Different draws, and a few tank fills to get what I want out of it. 4-5 refills in and it seems to be getting better on the .25 pod. I’m not disappointed other than I wish the battery life was just a little better. Like a few people have mentioned, there is a bit of a break in period so just be aware!!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Got it, filled it, primed it, and a very nice vape with 70/30 juice. No problem keeping up, and the 0.25 ohm pod actually makes a bit of cloud. Color me impressed.

Flavor is good, not matching a regular tank, but I need to give it time to break in before making that call. Overall I like it a lot and figure the taste will improve with the first tank or two.

Question to anyone with the ocean scallop. Is there a protective film over the panel? It seems like there is but before I screw up the finish trying to pull something off that's not there I figured I would check.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Got it, filled it, primed it, and a very nice vape with 70/30 juice. No problem keeping up, and the 0.25 ohm pod actually makes a bit of cloud. Color me impressed.

Flavor is good, not matching a regular tank, but I need to give it time to break in before making that call. Overall I like it a lot and figure the taste will improve with the first tank or two.

Question to anyone with the ocean scallop. Is there a protective film over the panel? It seems like there is but before I screw up the finish trying to pull something off that's not there I figured I would check.
No protective film on the panels! Taste should get better by the third tank. You'll get about the same vape with the 0.5 ohm pods I think, just slightly better battery life.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
No protective film on the panels! Taste should get better by the third tank. You'll get about the same vape with the 0.5 ohm pods I think, just slightly better battery life.

Glad I asked before going at it with my needle point tweezers. Weird because it looks like a little bubble on one of the panels. Really hard to see in a photo but you can sorta make it out. I circled the spot. Poorly.

F6486E9C-5503-4CAC-B939-9FA0A987BF36.jpeg

There are a few other tiny bubbly things too small to photo without a macro lens, and I'm just being OCD with it. It's not a noticeable defect or something that will keep me from enjoying it, and not enough I'd want a replacement, but I was curious.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Glad I asked before going at it with my needle point tweezers. Weird because it looks like a little bubble on one of the panels. Really hard to see in a photo but you can sorta make it out. I circled the spot. Poorly.

View attachment 778311

There are a few other tiny bubbly things too small to photo without a macro lens, and I'm just being OCD with it. It's not a noticeable defect or something that will keep me from enjoying it, and not enough I'd want a replacement, but I was curious.
I have the same kind of thing on the abalone panels, I think that it is part of the shell texture....then again, I may be wrong. None of the three Orions I own had any protective film on the panels.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have the same kind of thing on the abalone panels, I think that it is part of the shell texture....then again, I may be wrong. None of the three Orions I own had any protective film on the panels.

Yeah, my Efusion with Abalone has an irregular surface. I guess this is similar, but I was expecting a smooth resin for the panels. Either way it's a very pretty mod. I might have to grab another for backup.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
What are the panels made of? Is it completely synthetic? Or is it a thin layer of shell underneath acrylic like the stuff used on some pocket knives and gun grips?

....Not talking about the more expensive solid shell laminates (without acrylic) that are used similarly. I can definitely see there is acrylic or some type of plastic on it.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What are the panels made of? Is it completely synthetic? Or is it a thin layer of shell underneath acrylic like the stuff used on some pocket knives and gun grips?

....Not talking about the more expensive solid shell laminates (without acrylic) that are used similarly. I can definitely see there is acrylic or some type of plastic on it.

I think it's just a resin which is why I was expecting the finish to be smooth. I might drop an email to VaporDNA and ask them as it's from their "project sub ohm" line they created for marketing. Isn't the ocean scallop a resin panel as well?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
OK. Ignore me. It is an ocean scallop just somehow made blue. That's why it has the sort of holographic look to it as you rotate it in the light. Resin doesn't do that and they state the panels are all slightly different (if I hadread the teeny tiny type on the description) so yes, it makes sense the finish is like my other Abalone panels. I guess they have some process to dye them to get them blue. Mystery solved and I didn't try to peel off a nonexistent film (I think).

Regardless, it works great! Flavor is improving after only a half tank. I can blow a small cloud or if I hold it in for a few seconds be sorta stealthy when vaping it. This is definitely worth it. It exceeds what I expected.

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
Drip tip is definitely a weak spot though! My coil is lasting longer than the tip......
I ordered a custom Damascus steel MTL and two titanium MTL/stock airflow custom drip tips from Mantis Minimal. Their Facebook list is going until Friday.
33624B11-D4B2-46E6-9DE5-76213AB4EF4C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread