Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
I've tried something new today:
Closed the airflow completely and drilled a little hole into the aiflow chamber. At the point, where the air hits the coil. I get a good MTL draw and much better flavour, because the air hits the coil directly. Added a chimney with mesh and it's really good.
For now it's just an idea, to hit the coil more directly, but it works great.
Hopefully this doesn't lead to leaking, but if they put the airflow on the bottom, in front of the coil, it would be much easier to get a good MTL and they should reduce the chamber.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
@moodsmaster
excellent idea! Can you picture it for us?

I took a chimney from a smok infinix pod which does fit into the pod of the orion.
slide it in from the top of your DT down and close to the coil. Since then also the liquid flow got better.

Its really sad that lost vape does talk about MTL but it just not MTL at all...
Clouds bro Clouds Type of vapers i guess. (ok was once on the same boat) When i was young.. haha

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
axxcwLG

Attachments

• IMG_20190111_134555.jpg
    IMG_20190111_134555.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Hey all!
I started vaping 10 years ago this year. I go back to the PTB days. I haven't been around for a while because I found eroll and just wasn't interested in anything else. I'm the rare vaper that just wants something small and easy forever. I don't own any box mods (my husband does, so I have tried them). Anyway, I was thrilled with the eroll until they became downright impossible to find. Since then I've gone through various pods that I bought locally. I love autos, but driving up and down several thousand feet elevations every week was killing them fast. I got a breeze 2 and the clips that hold the pod broke. Then I had 2 Nautilus buttons stop working. That's all in less than a year. I picked up an Orion yesterday hoping that being heavier duty would mean it lasts longer.
So far, I'm really liking it. I read through most of this thread and I'm curious about a couple things. First, is there any way to tell when mine was manufactured? I'd rather not be just waiting to see if it dies. I'm assuming that MTL means mouth to lung. If so, that's the only way I vape (can't stand direct inhaling) and I'm curious why people don't think this is good for that. I get a nice warm hit with a good TH with 76% PG 24mg DIY juice (I guess regular nic is called freebase now. I still don't really understand what nic salts are or why they come in such huge mg.)
The only thing that had me concerned is that I'm barely over half way through a fill and the battery indicator is red when I click to check. I'm a little concerned that it won't last me a whole day. To give an idea of how much I vape, I filled it this morning at around 7:00 and it's about 3:30 now. I'm using it on the lowest setting with a .25 pod and replay engaged. I suppose I'll just have to see.

Ease

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2010
Middle Tennessee
@daisyd Its a phenomenal little performer but it doesnt last all work day, i keep a portable charger around. Assume its gonna brick at some point and research JayBo's fix on instagram, if youre comfortable doing that kind of thing. Mine bricked after a month or so of allday use, did the fix and smooth sailing since.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I don't mind, I just want to know what I'm getting into. Lol I don't have the equipment for circuit board soldering, but jumping a connection is no big deal. I'll use my rubber grip needle nose and hopefully not shock myself too bad. It wouldn't be the first time, but I'd still rather not .;) This is the first device since the eroll I've been properly excited about. Things sure have changed since 2010 huh?

ETA: Looks like I get almost 12 hours out of it. I already carry a portable charger in my purse, so not a huge deal. It's just a little shocking to me as I used to make a 350mah last all day.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I started vaping 10 years ago this year.
HOLY CRAP! Congrats!
Anyway, I was thrilled with the eroll until they became downright impossible to find.
Wow! I haven't seen one of them in years. :unsure:
First, is there any way to tell when mine was manufactured?
Well connected to a computer with EScribe, you can see the date the board was programmed. I bought 4 Orions back in September when they first came out and none of mine had the problem yet, if this helps.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Thank you! It's crazy how much things have changed since I started. I might steal my son's laptop and plug this baby in, just to see. I'm strictly on tablet and phone now so that would be my only way to plug it in. I do hope they develop an app at some point. This is the first time not having a laptop/desktop has really been a concern.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I do hope they develop an app at some point. This is the first time not having a laptop/desktop has really been a concern.
Well Evolv didn't write the App, but someone did. But it is a really lite version of EScribe. I tried the early versions of it and it crashed for me. Might be much better nowadays. I believe it is called DNAMate if I recall correctly. I just looked at the list of features and I don't see anywhere about seeing the program date. :unsure:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Got a question about the charging on the Orion (apologies if it has been asked).
While charging the green light shines and fades intermittent. It then gets to a stage where the light stays on without fading out. Then after a while the green light goes out.
So my question is, when is it fully charged...when the green light stops fading, or when it goes out?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The light should be fading in and out with the color that states the percentage of charge. Blue appears at the end of charge. When it stops fading in and out (and stays lit), it is fully charge. After awhile and if you leave it on charge, it will go completely out. But don't worry about fully charging them each time. As it won't hurt them taking them off early.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Well Evolv didn't write the App, but someone did. But it is a really lite version of EScribe. I tried the early versions of it and it crashed for me. Might be much better nowadays. I believe it is called DNAMate if I recall correctly. I just looked at the list of features and I don't see anywhere about seeing the program date. :unsure:

It does say it displays the chip serial number. In theory, that would be enough info to figure out the manufacture date. I'll think about it. I don't really feel the need to fiddle with it otherwise. I'm not really a tinkerer at heart. I'll fiddle to get things working, but I'm not into fixing things that aren't broken. Lol

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Hey all!
I started vaping 10 years ago this year. I go back to the PTB days. I haven't been around for a while because I found eroll and just wasn't interested in anything else. I'm the rare vaper that just wants something small and easy forever. I don't own any box mods (my husband does, so I have tried them). Anyway, I was thrilled with the eroll until they became downright impossible to find. Since then I've gone through various pods that I bought locally. I love autos, but driving up and down several thousand feet elevations every week was killing them fast. I got a breeze 2 and the clips that hold the pod broke. Then I had 2 Nautilus buttons stop working. That's all in less than a year. I picked up an Orion yesterday hoping that being heavier duty would mean it lasts longer.
So far, I'm really liking it. I read through most of this thread and I'm curious about a couple things. First, is there any way to tell when mine was manufactured? I'd rather not be just waiting to see if it dies. I'm assuming that MTL means mouth to lung. If so, that's the only way I vape (can't stand direct inhaling) and I'm curious why people don't think this is good for that. I get a nice warm hit with a good TH with 76% PG 24mg DIY juice (I guess regular nic is called freebase now. I still don't really understand what nic salts are or why they come in such huge mg.)
The only thing that had me concerned is that I'm barely over half way through a fill and the battery indicator is red when I click to check. I'm a little concerned that it won't last me a whole day. To give an idea of how much I vape, I filled it this morning at around 7:00 and it's about 3:30 now. I'm using it on the lowest setting with a .25 pod and replay engaged. I suppose I'll just have to see.

Try the .5 ohm pods if battery life isn't good enough with the .25 ohm pods. Higher resistance coils generally drain batteries less quickly than lower resistance coils.

With the .5ohm pods I can generally get 12-14 hours out of the orion with moderate use. Higher nic juice will help as well since you likely won't be puffing on your vape as often for the same amount of nic. The majority of the reason I use high mg nic salts is the lessened amount of juice used to achieve the same effect. If I where using freebase @ 6mg I'd likely drain the orion in an hour or two.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Hello, I'm curious how Orion users are priming their pods. Is Lost Vape's recommendations of 5 long dry hits the preferred method for priming? Should I see juice in the coil chamber once primed? Thanks!

I generally use lost vapes reccomended priming method. However I also let the pods sit for about 20-30 minutes afterwards. I also have a tendency to open the top cap every 5-10 puffs to help it wick better with thicker juice.

You don't really want to see a bunch of juice in the section where the coil is, but most of the time you will be able to tell that the cotton is wet. You should see a small amount of juice between the cotton and the side walls of the pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread