Loving it so far but seeking for advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Howdy and welcome:)
The exceed box d22 is listing as having a sub ohm tank which probably means DL, so a different tank is not a bad idea. The problem is the box does not seem to be variable voltage as far as I can tell, so you may need a whole new kit. I don’t have one though and could be wrong about this.
This.

Reactions: stols001

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
@OtsoCity
Since you said you were getting flavor at first, I would suggest just buying the replacement coils for your tank, before buying any other tanks, etc.
The coils should be a couple dollars each, and are meant to be replaced at intervals depending on usage.
Baditude and BrotherBob provided some good links for learning about the concepts involved. This will help to understand what you need when you go to upgrade to a new device. And I have no doubt you will.
I think the Chinese vendors, like Fasttech.com, will probably ship to you in Latvia, whereas many folks here are used to looking at USA vendors first.
(If your local shop doesn't have them, in which case why are they selling you a device for which they cannot supply the consumables?)
Please take a moment to update your profile with your country information. This will help people suggest vendors and links that will apply to your situation, and may get you some help from someone nearby to you.

• Useful

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Fasttech claims the box battery as a 50W device. Joyetech manual and website make no claims at all.
I just want OP to realize that even if they get another tank, this is a very limited device, as far as control and adjustment is concerned.
It really is a BATTERY, more than a full-featured mod/APV. Comes down to how much money you can afford to spend changing tanks/coils, trying to get better results.
Seems like it would be frugal to use it as is, and look for a better mod/tank combo. No shortage of advice on that, here! ;)

OtsoCity

Jul 15, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Okay, so I've visited a different shop and the experience was like day and night, compared to the previous one :D
I've been trying to find a better juice deal (I've decided to start at 6 mg/ml) and had trouble finding anything worthwhile. No place would ship bigger bottles to here (only nic-free ones). As it turns out, recently a law has passed in some countries (including Latvia) saying liquids containing nic can be sold only in 10 ml bottles. They hooked me up with a base, some nic boosters and a very strong smelling flavour (red Astaire) which left me with 110 ml of 5.4 mg/ml juice with a really nice berry jam like smelling juice.

That's when I've decided to try and swap the .5 ohm mtl coil with the 1.2 ohm dl coil.

Should I swap the tanks coils? How is DL different from MTL? If I put on a DL tank coil, doesn't that mean that I should be vaping DL primarily? I am not set on which style I prefer yet

Now I understand why vapers roll their eyes when being asked this. It's like apples and oranges. This actually made me glad I bought a kit with both types of coils, even though, as @ilporcupine pointed out, it's pretty much a throwaway. Now I know the difference and I totally prefer MTL. Just to make it clear - I knew what DL and MTL meant, but since I could draw DL even with the MTL coil when I opened up the airflow, it made me confused on why would a DL coil even exist. And damn, I am getting dizzy (in a good way) after just 3 puffs :lol: 5.4 mg/ml is too much for dl. I'll be definitely switching back to the sub-ohm coil after I empty the tank.

Flavor-wise, though, I am getting a really different mentholy taste from what I would expect judging by the scent. But I need to try it out with the mtl coil first to draw any conclusions.

And I've noticed that the draw with this coil is pretty cold and not really satisfying, so I guess that's where the vw comes in handy. I really enjoyed the other coil though, so I guess this is not a throwaway after all? Will upgrading the tank enhance my experience by miles or am I being delusional? I will most definitely look into getting a new kit in the near future, but for now I'd like to settle with this one with maybe an upgraded tank (if you think it's worth it). This second vape shop suggested getting a nautilus 2 or nautilus x (which, from the reviews, I am leaning more towards naut 2). I think I found a good deal - naut 2 for 22 eur and 5 replacement coils for 6 eur. Will need to wait for a month though until it's delivered :unsure:

Thanks for being so involved and patient. I actually think you guys are the most wholesome community I've ever experienced rolling into. I might have a hard time getting my points across though, since I'm primarily a lurker by nature, but I'm working on it!

Last edited:

OtsoCity

Jul 15, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Standard 510 connection, yes you can use other tanks. The coils included are rated up to 30w so we can assume it will output at least 30w.
I am pretty sure it can output up to 50 watts.

@OtsoCity
Since you said you were getting flavor at first, I would suggest just buying the replacement coils for your tank, before buying any other tanks, etc...

...(If your local shop doesn't have them, in which case why are they selling you a device for which they cannot supply the consumables?)
They do have them, however, when visually expecting the coil it seems pretty clean and has no signs of wear. When my smoking buddies try a puff, they say they can taste it really well. I think I'm generally too quick drawing conclusions because of the excitement. I will give the new juice I got a taste with the mtl coil first, maybe wait for my receptors to heal up a bit after years of smoking (as @stols001 said might be the case). After the eye-opening experience of comparing the 2 types of coils I came to learn that I should really take my time, experiment and accept the learning curve as it is not trying to rush it.

@OtsoCity
Please take a moment to update your profile with your country information. This will help people suggest vendors and links that will apply to your situation, and may get you some help from someone nearby to you.
Will do! I didn't even dream of people taking the time out of their day to provide me with links that will apply exactly to my situation. This is amazing.

Last edited:

OtsoCity

Jul 15, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Have you recharged your battery?
This is a direct output device, up to a max of 50 watts. This is going to be dependant on the coil.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I recharged it 2 times already. By the way, first time I've charged it via usb port on a pc, second time - via a fast charge adapter of my phone. The first recharge was painfully long, the second one was 2-3 times faster. However, is the faster charging type healthy for the device?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's not exactly a problem for the device, but as a (very general rule of thumb) faster charging may be (slightly) harder on the BATTERY a slower charge tends to generate less heat and that can be better for the battery overall.

Don't charge via PC if anything goes wrong you may fry it.

Use a wall wart, and again as a general rule, your device and its cord shouldn't pull more "power" than the device and charge cord can handle, although I've heard varying things on that as well. But generally, the power source regardless of power shouldn't pull more electricity than your device can handle.

You could check out the manufacturer specs and see if they list a recommended amount of USB "power" I suppose. IDK. I think you ought to be okay but there may be minor and slight variations but probably not enough to worry about and etc.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you, will look into these options! Problem is, I'm from Europe (Latvia) and they don't ship here :(
I will be trying out other stuff but could you please elaborate on why would I need a backup setup? Do they malfunction often?
Welcome and glad you joined.
I visited a local vape shop where they hooked me up with the Exceed Box starter kit from Joyetech saying that this is a good starting point for a smoker.
Your lucky, looks like a decent mod and not sure about the "tanks", not my area of specific knowledge.
Recommend cleaning a tank with soap and water only when you feel you need to. You can choose not to clean out your tank and just blend flavors if you like.
I have provided a little more information which might help you defining MTL and DL.
Above-Ohm Vaping vs Sub-Ohm Vaping
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
Yeah, I recharged it 2 times already. By the way, first time I've charged it via usb port on a pc, second time - via a fast charge adapter of my phone. The first recharge was painfully long, the second one was 2-3 times faster. However, is the faster charging type healthy for the device?
Be very careful, it is recommended not to exceed a charger current rated higher than:
"Micro USB Port - 1A Max Current"
"ElementVape.com and any or all of ElementVape.com’s parent and subsidiary companies will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of a Li-ion (Lithium-ion), LiPo (Lithium-ion Polymer) and any rechargeable battery/batteries as well as chargers. Please have a greater understanding of the batteries/chargers you are using and how to care for them properly."
re: Joyetech EXCEED BOX & EXCEED D22C Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread