low dose salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I find salts to be superior but they only come in high doses. I want 3mg for a sub ohm. Anyone know where to get low dose salts?

Mr Salt E makes 5mg/ml for sub ohm. Off the top of my head, I don't know of a premade 3 mg/ml salt. You can, of course, make any concentration you want by diluting premade with 0 nic or by making your own from individual reagents (Nic, VG, PG, flavor). Nicotine River and other companies sell salt nicotine for making your own. Their 48mg/ml stock solution can be shipped regular mail (cheaper) and can be diluted 16 times to make a LOT of 3 mg/ml. If you bought the 60ml for $10, you could make 960ml of 3%. You'd need to find a recipe with a flavor that you'd enjoy.

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yeah, I believe there are other companies out there making commerical salt juices in DTL concentrations.

Go to breazy.com, select nic salts, and just flip through the pages. It will show both high and low concentrations, but I believe they offer a number of low concentration options if you aren't willing to DIY or dilute your own.

You don't have to buy there, but you may see some brands that offer salts in a concentration you want.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah some people like the taste better or whatnot. Or, have the opinion that they are more rapidly absorbed or whatever (this may or may not be true, so I'm not certain). You should be able to find premade nic salts with lower nic if you look around. DIY is probably cheaper, but if you want to try them out and whatnot, well, premade is probably going to be cheaper to start than making your own.

Anna

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Nicotine salts are not absorbed quicker it is the opposite, it is becoming a myth this. Freebase nicotine ('normal' nicotine) is absorbed quicker. If you can tell the difference between salt and 'normal' freebase at 3mg you need to buy better quality 'normal' freebase nicotine. I think this myth has grown because high mg salt nic (50mg etc) is always compared to 'standard' freebase 3-12mg etc.

Check out the link, first one that popped up:
Nicotine Salt vs Freebase Nicotine – Nicovape

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Well that is a wholeseller of low vapor devices and some of that information is just not correct. I don't know if salts are better absorbed faster or Freebase is. But some of the statements there are off base unless you are talking one specific nicotine salt and high levels of it. They indicate that Nic salt is basically only suitable for low vapor production high nic content devices. Since they wholesale such devices, they may not be all that impartial.

They also say nicotine is highly addictive when there is lots of evidence that says nicotine itself is not very addictive. I can tell you that 4 MG the only real noticeable difference in freebase and salt is the total lack of throat hit from the salt that is formulated for such use. There are other salts that have added ingredients to add throat hit but I haven't tried them as I don't like throat hit. I can also tell you that I can feel the nicotine in 4 MG salt used in a subohm device and it doesn't really feel different from freebase nic other than it seems to take longer to wear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread