Low end VV regulated mods. 18650, under $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

0blong

Jan 15, 2016
So my vamo v5 is dying... I don't want another. I've gone through 3 or 4. I see vamo has come out with V6/7/8/9/10 already in the time it took me to wear this one out.

My problem is that almost all of the new vamos are VW or require 18350 batteries. So what else is out there that takes 18650s and lets you go by RMS voltage?

I only found 3 places to buy a V6 or V7 that is VV and all are out of the US or possibly mislabeled (30W came in VV?). Who knows if its just V5 insides in a laser etched crappy case.
Others are too far over $35 to be worth it, especially with questionable specs... one said minimum ohms was 1.5 so its not even an upgrade over the v5.

Nobody else likes VV? I'd even like to see VA.

*Have an istick 100 clone on the way. It was under $40. Will this be the last vamo?

Last edited:

0blong

Jan 15, 2016
Got my iStick. I can say not much of a VV device. The lowest it goes is 5 watts. Even if you switch to voltage mode you can't go below this.

Time will tell if the voltage setting is RMS or average, I'm guessing the latter. The search continues. This clone also measures how long you puff for but not the number of puffs. Why even add this?

Are there really no other devices that do VV right?

0blong

Jan 15, 2016
The rub of these is that they have a high minimum wattage. So if they behave like the istick, trying to keep at 3-3.3v will be impossible, mostly negating the point of locking low voltage in.

The other drawback I'm seeing is a lack of battery voltage display, just some bar. The vamo had a puff counter too and that is great for comparing battery capacity. Seems the industry has stepped backwards. The cloupors/isticks catching fire is icing on the cake.. that didn't happen before unless you had serious user error.

I have 3 boxes now and at $19 the shortcomings would have been ok, at the 30 I paid for some it just makes me sad that a $21 knockoff vamo v5 is more feature packed and dare I say ergonomic.

edit: all IPV D2 old or not are VW only and have no display.

0blong

Jan 15, 2016
The lotus box is aight. I'm sure it won't be around for long because of the hate it got.

pros: price, size, real vv, decent range although actually 3.45 volt minimum. no time limit on firing
cons: odd fire button, no resistance measurement, display can't be turned off
???: do both batteries deplete at the same time due to being in series? pwm? mean mode? rms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread