Low Resistance (LR) vaping on the cheap is a passthrough my answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporbird

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Bronx
I want to try some of the low resistance atomizers out there, I'm also curious about the big juice tanks I see some people with... but my 901 and 510 batteries can't handle them. 90% of the time I'm in fromt of the computer, so why not go the passthrough route.

Buying batteries, and a charger has made looking at various mods rather exhausting and too expensive seeming. So is getting a passthrough a short-cut to LR bliss? I looked into the Joye eGo passthrough, but it is slightly lower voltage than a regular eGo. I saw one option that was a 510 style passthrough that had "however much voltage what you plug it in to has" it has a warning not to use with a computer and looked like a good way to get electrocuted, to be honest!

So can I find a passthrough that will let me try these fun toys I keep seeing?

PS. I won my first "convert" today an older guy in my building was so impressed with my set up he had me walk him through buying a Riva online (he doesn't have a computer so we used mine)! I loaned him one of my 510s so he can start quitting now and he's doing great! Hasn't touched an analog in 2 days!

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Well, it depends on which mod your looking for that will depend on how expensive it is. Something like a Roughstack is 45 and the VV box mod is 35 bucks. Both are from Madvapes and you will be able to get everything for about a 100 bucks. Which isn't to bad if you compare them to what you paid for cigs when you were smoking.

Ultimately, your going to have to make that choice if it's worth it or not. Also, J-tanks go for about 20 dollars I believe and if you already have cartomizers then you obviously won't have to buy that. Anyways, passthroughs are ok but, you want something that is portable in case you wanna bring it to work or what nots.

Others will give their suggestions but, I hoped that I helped a little on the decisions your going to make when you upgrade to a mod.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
If you decide go with a pass through, I recommend picking up a 2000ma (2 amp) usb converter for it. The straight thru pt's (no inline battery) are going to put out close to 5 volts, so you really don't need low ohms with them. 2.5 to 3.0 ohms will work better imo. I'm using a 5v PT and a 2.5 ohm bauway topcoil (ce2 clone) at the moment and I can only stay on the button for a couple of seconds or it gets too hot to suit me.

I use madvapes quite a bit and I recommend them, but I'm just showing you what I'm talking about. 2 amp AC to USB Adapter, ideal for Passthroughs Smok Tech 5 Volt 510 Manual USB Passthrough

Be aware that the pass through often doesn't hold up all that well. After a time, the wire can break at the bottom of the hand unit. This is a better unit but it's a little pricey and the button is on top (it would need an extender for a tank). Yellow Jacket Acrylic 5 volt 510 Passthrough

Another option is the inline battery, but you don't get 5v. You get what ever the battery puts out (usuall 3.2 - 3.4 v). You can use these with your computer (I don't recommend it but that's just me) example: Ego 510 Passtrough 3.7 Volt

I don't recommend the inline battery because they'll eventually wear out and they're a little pricey.

Another option is to get a mod that uses fairly inexpensive batteries. I went with the e-power, but there's several to choose from, such as the rough stack mentioned above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread