Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I should have put this on my previous post a minute ago but I forgot so sorry for multiple posts. What's the difference in standard and LR cartos? I have a Riva 510 with 900 mah battery so which is better for me to use? And also, the cartos I ordered are Boge 2.6. What's the diff in 2.0 and 2.6?

Thanks so much!

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
I'll try to explain this as best I can but if I am off then please feel free to correct me as I am still actively learning myself...

When you change the resistance of the carto, you are changing the actual power of the unit. The 2.0 ohm carto is going to give you warmer vaping and slightly more smoke production thanks to its higher wattage, although it is worth noting that smoke production seems to be more dependent upon juice than anything else. If your Riva had one of the smaller batteries, it would probably not be a good idea to run the 2.0 ohm cart due to the increased draw, which can be harmful to smaller batteries and potentially hazardous to the user. Due to this increased draw, lower resistance cartos will decrease battery life; however, the type of PV and battery will determine how big of a decrease this is. Is the battery 3.7 volts on the Riva or 3.2 volts? If so, the 2.6 to 3 ohm cartos seem to be the standard values often called 'standard resistance' (SR). Carts that are below 2.0 are often called 'low resistance' (LR). Many people seem to prefer one over the other, and so actually trying them out is probably the best way to know first hand. At least to me, the same juices seem to have differences in flavor and other vaping characteristics depending on the wattage I am vaping at....and sometimes these differences are very pronounced.

To know the wattage, this formula may help..
Power = (Voltage * Voltage) / Resistance

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-wanted-know-plus-bit-electronic-theory.html

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The info on my rival says 3.2 to 4.3 volts I think. So a boge 2.0 or 2.6 should be fine, right?

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

The new Riva batteries are unregulated and they output ~3.7v, so both 2.0Ω and the ST (2.6-3.0Ω) will work fine. It's realy up to you; if you prefer a warmer vape or use a lot of tobacco or coffee flavors, go with the 2.0Ω ones. If you prefer a cooler vape and delicate flavors like fruit or sweets, choose the standard resistance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread