The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Low resistance wire

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by Juan Vazquez, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Juan Vazquez

Juan Vazquez Full Member

May 2, 2015
    So I've been using Kanthal but I wanna start buying other types of wire. I've heard about hot wires, royal wires, anarchist wire and gplat but I have no idea which one to get. I like working with 22 gage so if anyone has any suggestions or types of wire they prefer I'd like to hear it!

2. alicewonderland

alicewonderland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2012
    pick up some nichrome 80 Nichrome Series 80 Resistance Wire | Lightning Vapes , its basically the same thing, nichrome wire. those hot wires royal wires anarchist etcetc, are just an alloy of nichrome wire. If you like it then you can go and try those namebrand wires, but personally I've been happy with just regular ol nichrome 80 wire. If you wanna mess around, UD sells some pre-made clapton coil wires for a good price, 5 meter roll of clapton for 9$, Clapton Wire 5 Meter Roll - Eciggity

if you do decide getting em, I use those two vendors I linked as well, they are good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juan Vazquez

Juan Vazquez Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I bought royal wire and it's pretty good. But for some reason my ohm reader is acting up.

4. crackizzle

crackizzle Full Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Meridian, MS
    So way late, but I know of and use 5 different types of low resistance wire. 316L stainless steel, commonly called GPlat Elite. 317L stainless steel, called GPlat Haywire. Rene 41, aka Royal Wire. Nichrome 80, and nichrome 60.

Of the 5, 316L stainless is by far my favorite. That is a personal preference, but has a lot to do with how easy to wrap the wire is.

On a side note Anarchist Wire is indeed nichrome 80, it is however manufactured by the seller, in the USA. If that matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.