Low Voltage E Liquids????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmoreDre

Sep 14, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I have a iTaste vv3 which i use only at home. all my juices taste amazing out of it cause i can adjust Voltage and Wattage. My eRoll mini is what i take with me everywhere. Work etc. It runs at 3.7 Volts and most of my juices taste in the ok to pretty good range.
Does anyone know of any juices that taste great with lower voltage? right now in my eRolls i'm vapping VA Boba's Bounty and Vapor Chef's honey nut tobacco. both great in my itaste but just ok im my eRoll.

Grateful for any help
Thanks!!!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Indigo juices are strong enough to get past the eRoll atty. Currently I'm vaping The Turk and KaleidaIce in mine and neither suffer much from the muting. They definitely taste different than in my spinner/evod, but The Turk actually tastes smokier in the eRoll. I've also had decent flavor with some Virgin Vapor and Halo juices.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I second Halo for the eRoll. I have actually developed a preference for the way Tribeca and Torque 56 taste in my eRolls vs. a Protank where they can be overwhelming.
I also regularly vape a few flavors from Hurricane Vapor and prefer the eRoll for them as well.
I think eRolls are a fantastic little vape as long as I use clean juices. Boba's played hell with them when I tried it.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I second Halo for the eRoll. I have actually developed a preference for the way Tribeca and Torque 56 taste in my eRolls vs. a Protank where they can be overwhelming.
I also regularly vape a few flavors from Hurricane Vapor and prefer the eRoll for them as well.
I think eRolls are a fantastic little vape as long as I use clean juices. Boba's played hell with them when I tried it.

You know, I PIF'd an entire Halo tobacco sampler (minus the Tribeca) because I just couldn't take them in my evod. Even after a month of steeping. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have tried them in the eRoll before I gave up on them! :glare:

Oh well, the person who got them really needed them so they didn't go un-appreciated.

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
right now in my eRolls i'm vapping VA Boba's Bounty and Vapor Chef's honey nut tobacco. both great in my itaste but just ok im my eRoll.
If memory is working at the moment BB is 100% VG and is really for dripping thus is to thick for cartos ,most tanks and such however many do seem to use it in such devices anyway. I guess a small amount of disstilled water could be used ti thin it a bit and perhps not dilute the flavor to much.

With non adjustable devices you have to use different Ohm coils / cartos to get the flavor level desired ,that is as long as the juice will even flow / wick well enough to work.

WIfe and I share several of my DIY juices and a few purchased ones , I use mostly variable wattage devices while she used fixed 3.7 Volt ones whch in truth start at 4.2V then drop down to 3.3 or so during useage. I purchase 1.5 thru 2.2 cartos for the carto tanks , wind 1.8 Ohm coils for out Evods , TS3 and such and switch out her batteries before they drop below 3.6V most of the time.

VAriable wattage devices are really the way to go IMO ,sure makes adjusting for flavor a lot simplier and DIY ing your own coils,wick assemblies save a fair amout of money and means you do not have to keep a bunch of spares on hand.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Does anyone know of any juices that taste great with lower voltage? right now in my eRolls i'm vapping VA Boba's Bounty and Vapor Chef's honey nut tobacco. both great in my itaste but just ok im my eRoll.
I assume you're using the default 2.4 Ohm atomizer heads? Try the LR heads (low resistance, 1.8 Ohm). They get hotter and perform better (but result in an even shorter battery life).

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
It's seems to me that the more complex and thicker juices don't taste as full wih lower voltage around 3.7. I have some 70 PG 30 VG naturally extracted tobacco (NET) coming in soon. that was their suggested levels. maybe that will pull more flavor through my eRoll

I honestly don't think it's the voltage or the ohms on the atty (2.2-2.5). I have heard others who have the Ego-C (it uses the same atty) and the flavor is muted the same way, if not more.

I think it's the nature of that atomizer that flavors get muted.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I haven't used the ERoll, although I'd like to try it and plan to get one, but I have some Coconut* from Highbrow Vapors which really tastes best on my Ego-C battery as opposed to the high voltage of my other devise which is the Vision Spinner. So if you like coconut you might try it. It's like vaping a very mildly sweet marshmallow coconut cloud!
*(also I ordered it with extra flavor and 100%VG)
Highbrow Vapor Coconut

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
I honestly don't think it's the voltage or the ohms on the atty (2.2-2.5).
Well then why are people with VV/VW devices all vaping at higher voltages? I just think a 3.7V + 2.2/2.5Ω combination isn't capable of good vapor/taste production. I'm using an eGo Twist and I always set it to at least 4.2V with a 2.2-2.5Ω coil. Anything below that and vapor and taste are poor.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Well then why are people with VV/VW devices all vaping at higher voltages? I just think a 3.7V + 2.2/2.5Ω combination isn't capable of good vapor/taste production. I'm using an eGo Twist and I always set it to at least 4.2V with a 2.2-2.5Ω coil. Anything below that and vapor and taste are poor.

Not all people vape higher than 3.7-3.8 on VV ;). I'm usually around 4.2 on mine but I've gone lower. At times, I get better vapor out of my little e-cig than I do out of my spinner at the same voltage.

All I am going by is reports from veteran vapers (2+years) who have said that the Type A atty is notorious for muting flavor, when compared to other 3.7V devices. if you've never tried an eRoll it's amazing how well it performs.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Not all people vape higher than 3.7-3.8 on VV ;). I'm usually around 4.2 on mine but I've gone lower. At times, I get better vapor out of my little e-cig than I do out of my spinner at the same voltage.

All I am going by is reports from veteran vapers (2+years) who have said that the Type A atty is notorious for muting flavor, when compared to other 3.7V devices. if you've never tried an eRoll it's amazing how well it performs.

What is a type A atty?

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
What is a type A atty?

The atomizer that the Ego-C and eRoll use:

JOYE-EGO-C_ATOMIZER_A_SINGLE-2T.jpg

Last edited:

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I honestly don't think it's the voltage or the ohms on the atty (2.2-2.5). I have heard others who have the Ego-C (it uses the same atty) and the flavor is muted the same way, if not more.

I think it's the nature of that atomizer that flavors get muted.

I would not completely agree with that statement although I do agree that different atomizers provide different flavors with different juices. Besides wattage, voltage, ohms of the atomizer, etc., you also have differences in airflow, wicking, top, bottom, etc. No two set ups are the same and going with hobbyist versions don't necessarily make a better vape for any particular person. I loaded an eRoll today with a juice that just wasn't doing it for me any more in a Protank. I actually thought the juice had changed or lost it's flavor. One hit on the eRoll and I was back to enjoying the flavor I had been missing in the Protank, and even my HH357. Just another dimension to the "taste is subjective" argument.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
No way a Type A Ego atty mutes flavor. I've got EVODs, T3s, iSmoka BCCs and the Ego CC that uses it. The Ego atty delivers best in whatever I use it in... eroll or ego c. To me that only stand to reason the way its built. And, you are right... voltage and ohms do most definitely count but, also, as with the Ego CC and its unique air design (made to go with the atty) makes a huge difference.... so far, nothing can touch that combo.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I would not completely agree with that statement although I do agree that different atomizers provide different flavors with different juices. Besides wattage, voltage, ohms of the atomizer, etc., you also have differences in airflow, wicking, top, bottom, etc. No two set ups are the same and going with hobbyist versions don't necessarily make a better vape for any particular person. I loaded an eRoll today with a juice that just wasn't doing it for me any more in a Protank. I actually thought the juice had changed or lost it's flavor. One hit on the eRoll and I was back to enjoying the flavor I had been missing in the Protank, and even my HH357. Just another dimension to the "taste is subjective" argument.

No way a Type A Ego atty mutes flavor. I've got EVODs, T3s, iSmokas and the Ego CC that uses it and Ego atty is best in everything I use it in. To me that only stand to reason the way its built.

Could be, but I do notice a pretty big difference in flavor between my eRoll, carto-tank, PT2 and Evods. For me, the Evod wins on flavor. I don't have anything that takes that atty except the eRoll.

I myself don't taste a lot of what other people taste in "popular" juices--they all seem too subtle. It's been a challenge finding lots of flavors I can vape. Again, that whole YMMV thing. ;)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Yes, Alica1970 if you're comparing the atty being used in an eroll to it being used in a clearo namely the ego cc. The eroll is known to mute flavor and it has to do with its different airflow and not the atty. Used with the ego cc clearo its a whole different ball game. Comparing erolls to pretty much any clearo is comparing apples and oranges. That's why setups have to be considered... not just the atty. Its been discussed often over on the eroll sub-forum.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread