Lower Ohm Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Hello Vets! I have a quick question about lower ohm vaping (not sub ohm, lets say 1.4 - 1.8) vs regular ohm (lets say 2.0 - 2.5 ohms) vaping. What are the differences in taste, battery-life, vapor production, ect.? I have been vaping for about 11 weeks now, and am used to 2.0 - 2.5 ohms. I hear all the time about "how cool" it is to sub ohm, but I'm not a "cloud chaser" so if that is the only difference (bigger clouds) then I will stay where I'm at. But other than that, are there any significant differences/advantages by dropping to a lower resistance such as 1.4 to 1.8 ohms? Thanks in advance to those that reply. Peace. :2cool:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you are using a VV device, the only difference in my opinion is the range of power, or watts, you can apply to the coil. Have a look at this vaping power chart. Pick out a resistance, say 1.5 ohms and check what wattages are available with the voltages you have in your device. Now do the same with 2.5 ohms. The higher the watts, the more heat you are pumping into the coil. The vape will become warmer, vapor production will go up and flavor typically also increases. Up to the point where your juice starts to burn. That will be just past the highest power you can run that coil at with that juice in that device.

If you are using a non VV PV, then you are stuck with the voltage it produces. Varying the resistance of the coil will allow you to adjust the power with the same results as for VV. You're just stuck with the resistance and thus the power you chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread