LR 306 Atty Any advice for a 1st time user

Status
Not open for further replies.

feathersncream

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Northern VA
Hello All :) I have been vaping for about 2 years and vaping with the LR 510's since they came out...

I just purchased some of the cisco LR 306 and was wondering if anyone had some good advice for me so I don't kill these and yes I know I need to keep them wet.... only problem is I am a major chain vaper do I have to be really carefull not to get this thing to hot??

Thanks in advance :)

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Yes the advise to keep it wet is spot on. As for chain vaping I can tell you I have killed a few Ciscos quickly by running them scoarching hot. Now I wait a few seconds and let them cool a bit and get well over a month on them. I do believe one of te biggest issues is thremal shock. Run it really hot then drop cold juice on it. This creates stress on the coil by rapidly contracting the metal (like bending a coat hanger back and forth untill it breaks). I have seen a few coil breaks and they are always around the first turn right by the leg of the coil.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I meant one of these drip tips: The Cannon Drip Tip

How is the fit of that cannon on the Cisco? I see some manufacturing tolerance issues between 306's and DT's are sometimes loose or tight when compared to the various 306 offerings out there. I have had awesome results w/the nHaler twisted and colored 306 DT's on the Ciscos. I do like the looks of the Cannon and I am hoping you tell me it fits snugly. Thanks

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
How is the fit of that cannon on the Cisco? I see some manufacturing tolerance issues between 306's and DT's are sometimes loose or tight when compared to the various 306 offerings out there. I have had awesome results w/the nHaler twisted and colored 306 DT's on the Ciscos. I do like the looks of the Cannon and I am hoping you tell me it fits snugly. Thanks

Fits great...slides on and snaps into place...they designed it around the Cisco, according to their video.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
Cisco 306es come unprimed. When you first get it, connect it, put on the drip tip, drip 4-5 drips into the atty and let it sit for at least a minute without hitting the power button. Then add two more drops and vape away. After that, so long as it stays moist you can just add 2-3 drops as needed, making sure to stop vaping whenever you sense that it is drying out.

If you are not using a fixed voltage device, make sure the atty is nice and moist before you switch the atty from a dead or almost dead battery to a new one.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
You ought to try only one Cannon first. See if you like it, I did and it makes the juice too cool and not taste the same. IMO - I like flame thrower and I run my Ciscos very hot. I find that the LR 306's are the only ones I can do that w/since I chain vape so much. Can't get away w/that w/a LR 510 - reving them up like that.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
You ought to try only one Cannon first. See if you like it, I did and it makes the juice too cool and not taste the same. IMO - I like flame thrower and I run my Ciscos very hot. I find that the LR 306's are the only ones I can do that w/since I chain vape so much. Can't get away w/that w/a LR 510 - reving them up like that.

Dude...you are hardcore!!! Lol!

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I'm just learning about these things...are they for dripping ONLY, then? I'm not a dripper, but was wondering if these would work with a cart.

They are used mostly for dripping & bottom fed mods. There are carts for the 306, but most people who use carts use the 510. The 306 is an exposed atty, therefore the drip tips go over the atty. On the 510, the DT is inserted into the atty. Clear as mud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread