The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

LR 510 testers

Discussion in 'Eastmall-ecigarette' started by matthawk7, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Demon

Demon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2010
    Hungary
    Hi,

Here are two photos of the good LR510 and the useless one.
    They are definitely not the same.
    Both of them from Eastmall.
    Which version are you selling right now?

On the left, you can see the good quality atomizer. Awsome vapor + awsome taste
    As you can see the letters are printed on this version with a little stronger (or bold) font type.
    On the right side you can see the awful version, with no taste (maybe only metal what I can taste there) and almost zero vapor.
    [​IMG]

On this photo it's crearly seen that the good version (on the left) has a smaller atomizer hole.
    The edge of the hole is different too. The good version has a smaller hole with sharp hole-edge.
    The bad version on the right side has a larger hole with "roundy" hole-edge.
    So which is the newer version, and which one are you selling right now in the webshop?
    [​IMG]

2. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    as far as I can tell, the one on the left is the old batch, the one on the right, is the new ones that are selling now,

they both vape for me, and the new ones -(Right) vape real good for me on the RiVa.

3. Dogzlife

Dogzlife Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Here's my review. I've used and still have LR-EM5's, the LR-510's released this past fall (junk), and the newly released LR-510's. Although some may like the new LR-510's, I'm on my 3rd of a sample of 5 and at best finding acceptable vapor and poor flavor. After a couple of days of use, I can't stand the flavorless hits and screw on something else, then eventually go back and try another LR-510 in hopes of better performance. I've got EM5's that have been boiled and cleaned numerous times that perform far better than the new LR-510's. Note that I run these atties side by side on multiple bottom feeding devices so it is easy for me to get hit-by-hit comparisons.

Simply stated, these new atties do not pack the punch of the old EM-5's. Di has posted that these new atties have thicker nichrome and thicker mesh than the old EM5's. Perhaps good properties for longevity, but clearly not for performance. If I had my druthers about it, I would like to see another attempt at redesign. I'm not saying to trash the new LR-510's (some may like them), I'm just saying it would be nice to see an attempt to recreate the old LR-EM5 of past. Attempt to find the identical materials and manufacturing techniques and then make a copy. Certainly someone over there is good at that kind of thing.

4. Dogzlife

Dogzlife Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Oh, and one more thing. If you redesign an atty, please change the logo so the difference is obvious. In the case of the LR-510's of recent and this past fall, I guess it really doesn't matter. The performance on both is quite similar.

5. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Is there anyone here who fills and uses cartridges rather than drips and who can compare their experience with the LR-EM5 to the new LR 510?

6. slumgunner

slumgunner Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2010
    vanv
    YES
    dogzlife i agree with you compleatly and hope em can just bring back the original. these new ones dont hold much juice and are realy easy to flood

7. Demon

Feb 18, 2010
    Hungary
    Based on my experiences it's quite a bad idea to use any LR attys with cartridges. They become hot too fast and they dry (and burn) the cartridge too quickly.
    With dripping you can always keep it as wet is it needs to be.

By the way I found a strange solution for my problem yesterday.
    I started to use a Joye regular 510 atty instead of Eastmall's LR510 and it gives a better throat hit and perfect taste. It's quite strange. I wouldn't think that a regular atty is able to perform better than an LR.
    It's still not as perfect as the older Eastmall LR510 but almost that good.

8. KonaNeil

KonaNeil Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I wasn't going to comment on this but didn't want new vapers to see this thread at a later time and follow this information without questioning it.

Unless I'm using a 5 volt device, I always use low resistance atomizers. While I own and often use an auto dripping device, as often, I use a cartridge. This works fine as long as I keep it wet and the LR atty has the ability to wick fluids rapidly enough. The Eastmall atomizers I have do this quite well. What I'm wondering is if the new ones do it just as well.

Regarding the off brand (non-Eastmall) units you mention, their impedance is midway between LR and standard. I'm trying to be brief about this as I've been told that its bad form to talk about another vendor's product on a manufacturer's forum. This is a tradition, like paying property taxes and not spanking other people's annoying children that I don't agree with but try to conform to.

9. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Kona,

a gentleman as always - xxxxxx

10. Demon

Feb 18, 2010
    Hungary
    Sorry guys, I really shouldn't have mentioned the other manufacturer.
    I tried to edit my post and replace the brand name to "*****", but I can't edit the post anymore. I guess the time limit for that already expired.
    Sry!

11. Demon

Feb 18, 2010
    Hungary
    And by the way, just to say something nice too:
    Eastmall's 801 atty is very best 801 atty ever!
    Everyone should try it because it produces much more vapor than any other versions (and believe me I've really tried all of them) and also has a 100% taste.
    It permors like an LR atty, but without the lack of taste.
    My rating is 10/10 for that!

12. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    awwwwww, Demon, another gent,

thanks for that --
    and yes

I agree,
    I love the 801 atty it has been a favorite of mine for years.

13. matthawk7

matthawk7 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    So I thought I'd report back after starting this thread. I gotta say I'm disappointed. Vapor and flavor are OK, but the draw is nothing like the old LR-510 or EM-5. Also there is an underlying metallic taste in the 3 I've tried so far. I've mutilated almost all of those trying to make them perform to my liking.

There is a metal ring that I've never seen on any atty around the edge of the ceramic cup and that seems to be restricting a good bit of the airflow (but I could be wrong). I've drilled and filed the holes out to leave a skeleton of atty connector and the draw is still way too tight.

Did I get a batch of the bad ones? I placed my order in Jan, so i don't see how I could have. They seem to just get really tight after about 30 mins of vaping. Any ideas?
    M

14. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    well, I do not know what to say here

I have a box of old ones that were returned, and I am using them with no problems at all,

I also have a box of the new ones, and I use those also with no problems,

I am using them all on both the Indulgence, and the RiVa, ------

so I honestly do not know what to tell you,

15. Jack Fraust

Jack Fraust Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    KCMO
    I ordered my 510 LR atty about Jan 11th for my eGo. got it in the mail a few days later.
    first impressions are wow. easier draw than normal, crazy ammounts of vapor.
    I vape constantly every day, only putting it down when i have to. i found it hard to fill my cart enough to keep up with the juice usage.
    on week two, it died with no heat, no taste, no vape and no warning.
    i switched to a new regular atty and found i was ruined and spoiled.
    the brand new regular atty tasted terrible, began overheating almost immediatly, gave little vaper and had a hard draw.
    a few days later in desperation i plugged the dead LR atty in and was happy to get the vaper back.
    that lasted a couple more days, then nothing.

I have ordered more LR attys from both the same supplier and anotherone in china.

I will let you know,

~Jack Fraust

Edit: i am also looking into supplies for DIY attys now as these reduce my vape savings.

16. Rosco

Rosco Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2010
    KCMO:>)
    another KCMO'er...Cool:thumb:

17. Jack Fraust

Jack Fraust Full Member

Aug 25, 2010
    KCMO
    an additional note, as it may make a difference in atty life:

i mix my own fluid in a 33mg/ml 50/50 pg/vg solution and vape with no added flavors.

and hiya

terrible thing, just reilized this is an eastmall thread, was ment to post in general atty.

apologies

18. matthawk7

Aug 7, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    Di, do yours have the metal ring around the cup? How does the draw compare to the old ones on the new version that you are using? The draw is the main issue for me with these. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

19. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    OK,
    when I look down inside the atty
    I see the mesh bridge and a metal ring around the mesh bridge,

is that what you mean ???

I seethis on both the old ones -(returned and I am using them OK )
    and on the new ones from David.

both od these boxes of attys are vaping good for me,
    and the draw is good,

I am finding that I have to keep the older ones wetter than the new ones to keep them vaping

I am dripping 3 drops onto the mesh and then vaping for 6 vapes-puffs,
    but getting good vapor --------

I cNT SEE THE CUP
    WHAT IS THAT ??

only cup I see is got my coffee in it !! hahahaha
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. matthawk7

Aug 7, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    You have clearly been up to long...haha
    Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. The old ones that I like don't have that. Got any old ones you want to trade? haha you probably have unlimited supplies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.