LR atomizer resistance variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
Has anyone experienced a wide variation in resistance on the Eastmall LR-EM5 510 atomizers? I purchased 15 of them some time ago, and have noticed a big difference in performance on my battery mods, typically the REO with an 18650 and a host of home-made 14500 juicer boxes.
I pulled all the atties from their packaging and tested them with my VOM, and got readings ranging from a low of 1.1 ohms to a high of 2.8 ohms. Naturally, the really low specimens produce a hot, harsh vapor that I'm not too thrilled with, and the higher ones are a tad weak and unsatisfying. The best performers are those running from 2.2 to 2.5 ohms, even though the markings on the side of the barrel say "LR-EM5". I'm wondering if the "standard" 510 atomizers from Eastmall are in fact actually in the 2.5 range or even higher. This sort of thing makes me reluctant to purchase any more from EM if they're not all what they're supposed to be.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
your findings are interesting and i will be looking to this thread to see what others find.

I have about 100 of these attys but havent metered them as i only have a meter with a needle (old one) it isnt digital and would be very hard to get the proper exact readings necessary.

I have noticed slight differences in them but most of the ones I have used seem to be about the same ohmage.

About 1.7 from my readings. Again not exact.

What you are reporting is a very wide variance and could be that mine were purchased 6 or more months ago..

Thanks for posting..

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
Did you subtract the internal resistance of your ohm meter?

Logs~
I do that as a matter of course, but in this instance the object was to note the wide variance between each individual atty. These findings were borne out by the notable performance differences between each one. My feelings are to stick with "standard" 2.5 ohm units from somebody else.

My EM atties stamped LR EM5 have always ranged from 1.6 to 1.8. The five I just received stamped LR 510 range from 2.0 to 2.9

Yup this is exactly what I am finding as well. the LR EM5s were one of the best attys hands down IMO. The changed the Labeling to LR-510 and things went downhill. Everything from resistance all over the place to lasting 2-3 days, just all around bad move IMO. I have contacted David and was told it was my meter. That is has resistance in it. "Well yeah, most do, that's why we deduct that from the reading". VERY frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread