Lung Pain From Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqi Devore

Oct 19, 2018
Hello! I am not new to vaping whatsoever. I’ve been vaping for about 4 years. However, I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life. Just vaped. Recently, maybe a few months ago. I started feeling this pain in my lungs. I have no cough. But when I clear my throat or laugh hard I feel a deep heavy pain. I’ve tried many different juices. Sometimes the pain is just there for a little when I don’t clear my throat as well. Any idea why? I vape a alien mod with a tfv12 prince cobra and use the mesh coil with 3mg nicotine juice. Usually 70/30 or max VG. Thanks

Oh I should also add I have 0 difficulty breathing. I exercise every day as well with no breathing issues. Just that pain

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
+ 4. Odd that folks seem more inclined to ask perfect strangers on an online forum for medical advice rather than seeing someone much more qualified to answer their medical questions. Go see your doctor.
It human nature for males.

Once males reach 18 and move out of their parents homes and their parents lose the ability to influence them, the typical male will wait until the bone is poking through the skin before the go see the doctor or call the paramedics.

As males age the 8' tall and bullet proof bravado will diminish slightly in some but not all.

I am a state certified EMT (Medic), I know the signs of a heart attack better than anyone you know. I promise you I know what to look for like I know my own name. Understanding this let me relate my own heart attack story.

Friend I digging a ditch to run gas and electric for new whole house generator. I experienced plugged ear feeling and jaw pain. Ignored it thinking a hot shower after would correct. Took the shower no relief. Drove to the B&M Vape shop for so supplies. Felt weak when I got their. Checked pulse, blood pressure and O2 saturation, all abnormal. Drug myself in the store for my supplies, I mean I was there right. Supplies in hand headed home still feeling bad. Got home, felt chest pain extending through to my back told my wife I was experiencing a cardiac event and was going to the hospital, she asked if I wanted her to drive, nah I got this. Drove myself to the ER/ED. 2 hours later I was in the cath lab for 2 stints.

Moral of the story, for males the first real sign of a heart attack is Denial

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@Jacqi Devore It never hurts to have a chest X-ray from time to time. When there's a reason like pain, a doctor will usually order one. Either way, it's comforting to know that either it's not serious or there's something that needs attention. Do nothing about it and the stress from worry and concern takes over and that will mess with your head until you resolve it.

It may be nothing or it could be something that a prescription will fix. You won't know until it's checked out.

Jacqi Devore

Oct 19, 2018
It human nature for males.

Once males reach 18 and move out of their parents homes and their parents lose the ability to influence them, the typical male will wait until the bone is poking through the skin before the go see the doctor or call the paramedics.

As males age the 8' tall and bullet proof bravado will diminish slightly in some but not all.

I am a state certified EMT (Medic), I know the signs of a heart attack better than anyone you know. I promise you I know what to look for like I know my own name. Understanding this let me relate my own heart attack story.

Friend I digging a ditch to run gas and electric for new whole house generator. I experienced plugged ear feeling and jaw pain. Ignored it thinking a hot shower after would correct. Took the shower no relief. Drove to the B&M Vape shop for so supplies. Felt weak when I got their. Checked pulse, blood pressure and O2 saturation, all abnormal. Drug myself in the store for my supplies, I mean I was there right. Supplies in hand headed home still feeling bad. Got home, felt chest pain extending through to my back told my wife I was experiencing a cardiac event and was going to the hospital, she asked if I wanted her to drive, nah I got this. Drove myself to the ER/ED. 2 hours later I was in the cath lab for 2 stints.

Moral of the story, for males the first real sign of a heart attack is Denial

I’m a 23 year old female. I highly doubt I’m having a heart attack. I was more concerned with lung issues. Also I didn’t think it was a serious medical issue. I thought it could’ve been a vaping issue which is why I posted it here. Not everyone can afford hospital bills especially if they’re already so far in debt from them.

Jacqi Devore

Oct 19, 2018
+ 4. Odd that folks seem more inclined to ask perfect strangers on an online forum for medical advice rather than seeing someone much more qualified to answer their medical questions. Go see your doctor.

Be in a .... ton of debt for going to the doctor that’s probably gonna tell me im fine, because that’s what they do every time I go. Or have perfectly good strangers make me feel better by answering my question and giving suggestions.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I’m a 23 year old female. I highly doubt I’m having a heart attack. I was more concerned with lung issues. Also I didn’t think it was a serious medical issue. I thought it could’ve been a vaping issue which is why I posted it here. Not everyone can afford hospital bills especially if they’re already so far in debt from them.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, wasn't trying to imply you were having a heart attack. I was answering Baditude's question.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Seems to me a doctor visit now could help avoid future hospital bills. I'm in the camp you don’t want to get a diagnosis from Internet posts.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Be in a .... ton of debt for going to the doctor that’s probably gonna tell me im fine, because that’s what they do every time I go. Or have perfectly good strangers make me feel better by answering my question and giving suggestions.
We aren't doctors and have no business giving "suggestions" regarding lung pain.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
There are a variety of illnesses, diseases and conditions that don't care how old you are or how many bills you have. Just because it "feels like lung pain" doesn't mean you have a lung problem. The fact that you have no problem breathing is a good sign of that. But the pain you feel in your lungs may be caused by several internal organs that may be reacting to the movements of your body and ribcage when you clear your throat or laugh hard. Pain is one of the ways our bodies let us know that something is wrong. It's not always an indication of a serious problem, but sometimes it is. This is why self-diagnosis and online cures are a bad idea. You've been given good advice here, what you do with that advice is up to you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FWIW, I recently changed my DIY mix from 70pg/30vg to 50/50 just to see how I liked it. After a few weeks of vaping 50/50 I had an irritated feeling in my lungs, kind of like when you hang out around a campfire or burn leaves and inhale too much smoke. I went back to 70pg/30vg and I'm fine. Looks like my tolerance for VG isn't as compatible as some. 30VG is about right for me. When I first started vaping I bought 90pg/10vg and 80pg/20vg juices from vendors and was fine with it.

With 70pg mix I get more flavor and my lungs feel normal again. High VG isn't for me. I had no pain, just an irritated feeling in the lungs.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could try and vape 100% VG or PG only and with and without nic in turn. If one combination produces no problems, you may have your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread