Lurked everywhere, was on the fence about vaping, finally made purchases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
Hi all. vaping is something I've been considering a while as a 10 year+ almost-pack-a-day smoker.

It's been only a week since I seriously considered switching over and yesterday, after much research, made some purchases to start and quit analogues altogether. Package(s) are due hopefully early next week.

Some of the info is still a bit overwhelming but here are my purchases and some following questions:

2x eGo Twist 1000mAh batteries
2x Kanger T2 Clearomizers 2.4-2.6ohm
2x USB chargers
3x 15ml 18g e-juice (from altcigs.com)

1. I bought the clearomizers due to ease of use and recommendations for newbies like me. I'm hearing they're rebuildable in terms of replacing the head & wicks. When does the replacements need to happen? Basically, when will I know? And anything special I need to do to prep them before using them?

2. I realized I didn't buy a case. A lot of my vaping is gonna happen at work during the weekdays so I'm likely gonna keep these in my pockets when I'm going to work. And obviously in my desk drawer somewhere when I'm at work. Is a case recommended?

3. I know I'm not supposed to constantly keep these plugged in for charging due to hazards. But what about partial charging? Or should they always be completely drained, then charged to full?

4. Anything else I missed in terms of purchases or questions that I should be asking?

Thanks folks.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
CONGRATS!

I was a 2 pack a day, LONG time smoker when I started vaping ... one of the BEST things I ever did!

As far the choices you made, looks like you made some "good ones". EGo twists are great batteries, Kanger T2's are great clearos, and AltCig has really good ejuice! You're off to a great start, in my opinion.

What I recommend is: I would pick up some "innards" for your Kanger T2's. The Kangers can last awhile ... but it depends on what you vape, and how often. You should always have backup innards. And believe me, you don't want to run out and have to wait for a delivery to arrive. You'll see what I mean when you start vaping. Ha,ha. The innards are very easy to replace. You simply unscrew the innard in your Kanger, and screw the new one in. That's all there is to it.

Also, keep your eye out for ejuice sales. AltCig has really tasty juice and is very good when it comes to having sales ... and good ones. Their shipping costs are also very low if you "just can't wait". :) 3-15ml bottles will last you a little while, but you'll soon discover how much you'll use, and how much to purchase. Again, it all depends on you and how you vape. You'll "learn as you go" what you like and how much you need.

As far as the 18mg strength, that's good. I started at 24mg and am now down to 12mg. 18mg will probably be a good starting point for you, to ease your cravings. If you still desperately feel the need to have a cigarette after you're into vaping, I suggest going up to 24mg of nicotine. You probably won't need to, but keep that in mind. DON'T GIVE UP ON VAPING. If I can quit smoking ... anyone can! :)

Oh, also ... I'd buy one more battery when you can. I started with two and soon discovered three was much better. Ha,ha. I had one charging, one I vaped, and one I carried as a backup. Three is a good idea ... but two will work to get you started.

Guess that's all I have for now. Again ... CONGRATS, and welcome to the "world of vaping". You'll love it!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hey Soulstar, you got some great buys there! Well Done. As far as the clearos go, I personally just use them and clean them with isopropyl alcohol and hot water, and refill them till they a) stop heating, b) go all gurgly and stupid and I can't draw anything from them, c) the tank cracks - and you will know because there will be VG or PG all over your fingers when you're pressing the battery button to vape. Tanks - Don't overfill them or there will be leakage. Don't expect the tanks to last long if you favor acidics (fruit) or (especially) cinnamon. I like to keep my clearos upright so I'm not vaping pure liquid. But I have also found some fun "first aid" small cases at TJ Maxx or Walmart's camping aisle, to keep clearos and a couple of extra batts tethered. You don't have to have case, but you may want one when/if you're carrying 4 juices, or 10 filled clearos (yes...this COULD happen in your near future, lol) Do make sure that your batteries are turned off with the 5 click battery switch (click 5 times fast, and then you should see it flash at you for a couple of seconds indicating that the battery is now off (or on) if you're putting them in your pocket. As to when to charge the batts, I've been charging mine every other day (well, I have several you see?) so they're only partially drained, and I haven't had any problems with that style of charging yet. Hope that's of some help to you. What juices did you purchase?

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
1. I bought the clearomizers due to ease of use and recommendations for newbies like me. I'm hearing they're rebuildable in terms of replacing the head & wicks. When does the replacements need to happen? Basically, when will I know? And anything special I need to do to prep them before using them?

2. I realized I didn't buy a case. A lot of my vaping is gonna happen at work during the weekdays so I'm likely gonna keep these in my pockets when I'm going to work. And obviously in my desk drawer somewhere when I'm at work. Is a case recommended?

3. I know I'm not supposed to constantly keep these plugged in for charging due to hazards. But what about partial charging? Or should they always be completely drained, then charged to full?

OOPS! I don't think I really answered any of your questions in my first reply.

1. You'll KNOW when your Kanger innard needs replacing. For me, it's hard to vape ... seems to be "plugged up", or just doesn't want to vape. Sometimes I rinse them (innards) out with water, and they'll work again for a few days (after they dry). But the innards are so inexpensive, I always keep extras on hand. As far as "prepping" the Kanger T2 ... nothing! I just fill it with juice up to the line, and vape. Just make sure you don't get juice down the "center hole" (you'll see).

2. A case? I never used a case to carry my ecigs. The only time I do use a "case" is to carry my supplies (extra battery, juice, etc.) when I'm going out. And a "case" can be as simple as a cosmetic bag! But I always take extra supplies with me when I'm away from home. :)

3. Charging ... I'm not "picky" about this one. I plug in my batteries, unplug when they're charged. That's all. :)

Have fun! :)

conflator

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
Looks like more knowledgeable people than I already got to your questions. I'll third the "good purchases", though. That's definitely a good starter. I got an eGo-C a week ago, and a kanger with it, and they work great together.

I was a 1/2+ PAD for about fifteen years, and since my goods arrived last Friday haven't touched a cigarette. Some find they need to wean themselves a bit more slowly, so just do what works for you and don't worry about it too much. My impression from others is that that need just slowly drops off, and you'll start to prefer vaping.

Welcome to ECF!

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
CONGRATS!

...What I recommend is: I would pick up some "innards" for your Kanger T2's. The Kangers can last awhile ... but it depends on what you vape, and how often. You should always have backup innards. And believe me, you don't want to run out and have to wait for a delivery to arrive. You'll see what I mean when you start vaping. Ha,ha. The innards are very easy to replace. You simply unscrew the innard in your Kanger, and screw the new one in. That's all there is to it.

Very good advice, thank you so much for that and the encouragement. Goal is to not even want to go near analogues so I definitely see your point there. The place I bought the clearos from do not carry the replacement innards. Know a good place I can order some from?

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
Hey Soulstar, you got some great buys there! Well Done. As far as the clearos go, I personally just use them and clean them with isopropyl alcohol and hot water, and refill them till they a) stop heating, b) go all gurgly and stupid and I can't draw anything from them, c) the tank cracks - and you will know because there will be VG or PG all over your fingers when you're pressing the battery button to vape. Tanks - Don't overfill them or there will be leakage. Don't expect the tanks to last long if you favor acidics (fruit) or (especially) cinnamon. I like to keep my clearos upright so I'm not vaping pure liquid. But I have also found some fun "first aid" small cases at TJ Maxx or Walmart's camping aisle, to keep clearos and a couple of extra batts tethered. You don't have to have case, but you may want one when/if you're carrying 4 juices, or 10 filled clearos (yes...this COULD happen in your near future, lol) Do make sure that your batteries are turned off with the 5 click battery switch (click 5 times fast, and then you should see it flash at you for a couple of seconds indicating that the battery is now off (or on) if you're putting them in your pocket. As to when to charge the batts, I've been charging mine every other day (well, I have several you see?) so they're only partially drained, and I haven't had any problems with that style of charging yet. Hope that's of some help to you. What juices did you purchase?

Awesome advice. Thanks. I read as much as I can but I really don't want to have any bad experience starting off to give this up eventually and go back to analogues. Staying prepared seems to be the general consensus here.

I originally wanted a tobacco flavor and a sweet flavor to see how I'd do. I originally went to AltCig for their Banana Milkshake because I think I read a thread about that flavor. I ended up coming out with their RY4, Banana Milkshake, Bob's Krave Kutter and Churros. Taking the advices literally here and gonna try out much as I can to see what I'll like the best. I'm a 1-flavor person kinda guy (or at least I think I am so far, lol) so I don't think I'll keep trying different things unless I see some great reviews for some other stuff. For now, I'm just getting started and seeing what I like. Goal is to really get in to this and off analogues.

Thanks again :)

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
Looks like more knowledgeable people than I already got to your questions. I'll third the "good purchases", though. That's definitely a good starter. I got an eGo-C a week ago, and a kanger with it, and they work great together.

I was a 1/2+ PAD for about fifteen years, and since my goods arrived last Friday haven't touched a cigarette. Some find they need to wean themselves a bit more slowly, so just do what works for you and don't worry about it too much. My impression from others is that that need just slowly drops off, and you'll start to prefer vaping.

Welcome to ECF!

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Really hope I'm one of those people that won't need to ween off and prefer to vape almost right away.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Kanger T2 V2 Sunfire Replacement Atomizer Heads (Various Resistance Levels) - Vaping Me

Kanger T2 Replacement Coil Head 2.1-2.3ohm - 1 Piece [gv-KangerT2-2.1-2.3ohm-COILHEAD] - $1.79 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I've bought the coils from VapingMe, great price, but GotVapes now has them as well. iVape carries them as well in a 5 pack, and I'm sure more vendors will be as they are a relatively popular item at the moment.

Good picks on your equipment. Definitely look into another battery, and get some coils/innards soon. Good luck, welcome to ECF and the crazy Planet Vape! :vapor:

Last edited:

soulstar

Sep 14, 2012
Norcal
Kanger T2 V2 Sunfire Replacement Atomizer Heads (Various Resistance Levels) - Vaping Me

Kanger T2 Replacement Coil Head 2.1-2.3ohm - 1 Piece [gv-KangerT2-2.1-2.3ohm-COILHEAD] - $1.79 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I've bought the coils from VapingMe, great price, but GotVapes now has them as well. iVape carries them as well in a 5 pack, and I'm sure more vendors will be as they are a relatively popular item at the moment.

Good picks on your equipment. Definitely look into another battery, and get some coils/innards soon. Good luck, welcome to ECF and the crazy Planet Vape! :vapor:

Awesome! I must be blind. I ordered all my batteries and clearos from Vapeme. The replacement heads were like right there in the front page and somehow I neglected to make the connection that those were the replacement heads. Guess I'll order from them again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread