M201 at 5v or 6v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Stock M201s, at 3.7v, last a long time. 4.0 to 4.1v = about a week. If you go over that, you can measure the life in days.

I'm currently puffing on a M201, that's been re-wound to 3 ohms, with the next thicker gauge of nichrome. It's my primary, one-and-only , heavy user... SINCE NEW YEARS. First week or so at 4.2V, then 4.6 to 4.8 volts ever since, without any signs of slowing down. (using M201 carts, no dripping)

Modded, these atomizers kick serious ... :)

Last edited:

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Stock M201s, at 3.7v, last a long time. 4.0 to 4.1v = about a week. If you go over that, you can measure the life in days.

Not good news for me re 201 but good to know since that model and the 302 were the ones I haven't tried yet.

Since I drip on a 5V Nicobox using 801's (meaning 801, 4072, BE112), as you've experienced too the attys vapes well but at the cost of a shortened life, meaning maybe two days which gets expensive. BE112 did last me 3 days however.

It seems the 801 family isn't rugged enough for vaping over 5 watts which is a pity since it's very nice @7W produced by a 5V Nicobox and even better using a 6V box for a 10W vape.

Seems I will have to try the HV atty at NHaler and see if it really can withstand the rigor of dripping @10W.

Unless you start selling your version of HV 201 atties in the near future.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread