M201 Attys and my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I don't see too many people giving reviews of this great atty at all and I feel it is the best kept secret in Ecigs. I will give a short review on it. I have been using the m201 attys for the last 6 months exclusively. It produces more vapor than the 510 and the throat hit is very comparable to the 510 while being probably one of the best tasting attys out there. I vape 3-4 ml a day and these attys last about 4-6 weeks each (510s last about a week for me). I never clean my attys and I never rotate them. I only blow them out 3 to 4 times a day when I am changing cartridges.

I am not a big fan of the m201 batteries. I use the m201 attys with kr808d batteries and a 901 to m201 adapter I got from altsmoke. BY using the M201 atty with the kr808d batteries I get as much vapor and throat hit as LR attys (to be fair I take shorter drags with LR attys).

The problem with this atty much like the 510 is that they go through liquid like crazy so you have to either drip or top off constantly. I use a cartridge mod that I learned in this forum were I can fill the cartridge once and vape it dry (60-70 hits)...with out ever having to top off....even when chain vaping. Here is the link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/46294-must-try-adm-auto-drip-mod.html I do it a little differently than the video shows. I put a straw with the spring to make T shape inside the cartridge and this really stabilizes the spring and makes the modification work a lot better.

The only draw back to my set up is that it is big like all penstyles are....but in all honesty it performs better than most of the mods I have tried while being smaller compared to them.

I almost forgot to mention.....the m201 last forever with KR and Dekang juices that are PG.....as I said before each atty last me 4-6 weeks. It doesn't work well with VG juices and dies off after only a couple of days.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Have you tried any of the other penstyle attys, EDO? If so, how would you compare them?

I tried a couple M201s a few months back and had a positive first impression, but each died after three days. Since the M201 atty is not compatible* with anything else, I never bothered to give it another shot.

* That 901 to 201 adapter you mentioned: I don't see it on the AltSmoke website. Is it by chance their 901 to 801 adapter, but you have found it to work with your 201? That would be interesting; I hardly ever use my Joye302 and EastMall 801 attys on penstyle batts anyway.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hi Don,

It blows other penstyles away.....I have tried the DSE801, the Eastmall 801s, RN4072, BE112 etc. The m201s have more throat hit and way more vapor (very thick and dense vapor not airy vapor like most penstyles). You never got to really enjoy your m201s because they take about three days for a heavy vaporer to break them in. That is something I forgot to mention in my original post...they take longer than all attys I have tried to break in. I bet the liquid you used was not Dekang or else it would last you a couple months and not a couple of days.

Don the adapter I use is the 901-801 adapters that have notch on the center post and have two holes on side just below the threads....they run like 2-5 bucks. I completely agree...the KR808 battery with the penstyles is the way to go....I never use penstyle batteries anymore.

If there are Dekang liquids that you like then give the m201 another shot.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
More questions (because I am interested; as many ECFers know, I am a penstyle devotee):

So, are you saying that the thicker USA-made e-liquids don't work well with the M201 atty? When using the 201, I should stick with DeKang?

Are you saying that the 901 to 801 adapters from AltSmoke "have notch on the center post and have two holes on side just below the threads"? Hmm. My adapters from GoodProphets have the notch and two holes just as you describe. I think I'll try out another 201 atty.

From where do you get your attys?

Thanks, EDO!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
thanks for the suggestion EDO :)
I wonder if you can get 510 to 20x/40x converters, I have mega ego batts on the way but love the penstyle cartridge design over the joye 510 cart design, much as I prefer the pen style attys too.

There are 510 to 801 adapters that will work....you have to make sure they have the notch on the center post and the two holes right underneath the threads on the 801 side of the adapter. I bought my adapters long time ago from altsmoke and he advertised his adapters would work with all penstyles including the m201. But now he doesn't mention the m201 anymore in the description of the adapters.

Maybe DOn can direct you to where to get the adapters that will work for the m201.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
More questions (because I am interested; as many ECFers know, I am a penstyle devotee):

So, are you saying that the thicker USA-made e-liquids don't work well with the M201 atty? When using the 201, I should stick with DeKang?

Are you saying that the 901 to 801 adapters from AltSmoke "have notch on the center post and have two holes on side just below the threads"? Hmm. My adapters from GoodProphets have the notch and two holes just as you describe. I think I'll try out another 201 atty.

From where do you get your attys?

Thanks, EDO!

Yes..... Don the thicker USA made liquids are generaly bad for attys but they are really effective at killing the m201 attys. Even when I was cutting the thick liquids with Dekang Juice by a ratio of 1:9 they would still kill off the attys in three or four days. So if you get the m201....no other juices at all except Dekang.

I am sure your adapters will work with the m201.

I get my attys form Litecigusa.net

Let me know how you like it....Just remember they have a very long breaking in period.

qwertylesh

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Australia
one of my 401 batts is already giving me grief and ive only had them for 2 weeks :(

its not like I overcharge, and they aren't really drainable since they flash as they go flat, I probably wont get any more but after all the praise of the 201 atty, Ill probably get one and a converter thread as a sampler and if its good, switch from the 510 atty to it.

Oh the 401 being a mini isn't really a pen style, I think i'll still enjoy it heaps though, originally I was going to get a joye penstyle but ran out of funds and just ended up getting a mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread