Status
Not open for further replies.
On average, my 801 attys last *less* than 2 weeks.

Perhaps because I use them primarily with my 5V Prodigy.

I'm still using the same 801 atty I got in the beginning , from my first day of vaping July 11, 2009, but then again, I'm not using 5v prodigy. :)

As far as the 201,I had it for a couple weeks now, and I also watched "Figurehead's" review, and that's what sold me, but IMHO, it's not what I was expecting, and the one the thing he forgot to mention in his review, is that the draw is really hard/tight on the 201, compared to other e-cigs. I was disappointed about that.

I get more vapor & more flavor from my 801, and has taken alot of getting used to. Right now, I prefer my 801

I'm expecting to get my new VP2 (www.vaprlife.com) sometime this week, which also will work with the M-201, so I'm anxious to try it out and see what that's like, and I'm hoping I'll be able to fully enjoy my 201.

We'll see....

Last edited:

suzano

Aug 30, 2009
and the one the thing he forgot to mention in his review, is that the draw is really hard/tight on the 201, compared to other e-cigs. I was disappointed about that.

The problem may be in the battery and/or cartridge you are using. Neither of the 801s work with the 201s. Check your battery to make sure you have 4 little holes drilled in the threads. Check your mouthpiece to make sure it has a little curve in the top around the hole. If you are using the wrong model of either of these will you will suck till you are literally 'blue in the face'.d While they fit the device they just don't work. I find the 201 a very easy draw...

ps I learned this by trial and error and sore cheeks

The problem may be in the battery and/or cartridge you are using. Neither of the 801s work with the 201s. Check your battery to make sure you have 4 little holes drilled in the threads. Check your mouthpiece to make sure it has a little curve in the top around the hole. If you are using the wrong model of either of these will you will suck till you are literally 'blue in the face'.d While they fit the device they just don't work. I find the 201 a very easy draw...

My battery only has 2 holes :( that's why it's so hard ain't it ?!!
Edit: Where can I find batt. with 4 holes for my 201???

I got my 201 extra batteries from freshsmoking.com...the cartridge is just as important tho...it should look like a mouse took a little bite out of the top of it. These seem to come in white boxes rather than yellow boxes.

Thanks "Suzano"! I think my problem is the fact that mine only has 2 holes, the mouthpiece is curved and compared to my 801, looks like some little mouse took a little bite out of it lol. AND it did come in a white box, sooo, guess I'll re-order a new one from freshsmoking.com, new batt, and new atomizer, can't afford a whole new kit, but hopefully, this will solve my problem. Thankyou so much for letting me know this, I was ready to give up on it and count it as a loss

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama

I got my M201 from Litecig...both of my batts have only 2 holes in the threads. Soooooooo...this means they are 801 batts?????

I think I'll break out my flexshaft and just drill me 2 more holes, then!

Sherry

UberSquid

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Bloomington Indiana
I was just wanting some feedback about what people thought of the M201 vs the DSE801. I have the 801 and have been really disappointed with the cartridges that came with it. I've tried every mod out their but it sucks liquid like mad, is inconsistent with vapor production and I often have to let it rest for quite some time between hits.

Is the M201 any better in this regard?

Thanks

Jeremiah

I was just wanting some feedback about what people thought of the M201 vs the DSE801. I have the 801 and have been really disappointed with the cartridges that came with it. I've tried every mod out their but it sucks liquid like mad, is inconsistent with vapor production and I often have to let it rest for quite some time between hits.

Is the M201 any better in this regard?

Thanks

Jeremiah
Jeremiah[/quote]
x xHi Jeremiah, is your 801 atty a high bridge or low bridge? (when you look down the inside of it, does the bridge come to a sharp point like this ^ or more flat, just slightly curved? xThere are 2 types of 801's out there, (the newer LOW bridged ones hold waaaay more liquid).

The HIGH bridge 801, causes the filler in the carts to shrink, therefore you constantly have to add more liquid, although taking the cartridge out and tapping it upside down onto paper towel helps bring back to the top. xOr you can use a spring inside the filler, from an ink pen, which help the filler from shrinking quite so much, atleast for a while.x

I owe both type 801's and the M-201 as well, and I prefer the newer, low bridge 801, lasts a lonnnng time. And are the best, IMHO.x

And M-201's are about the same as the high bridged, pointed ones, in that they are also pointed, only not quite as high, and use ALOT of liquid. xI found myself using even more with this atty than my high bridge 801.

The LOW bridge 801's are great, because the filler doesn't shrink from the heat and because they are more flat, they hold liquid longer, they just work a while lot better.x

Hope this helps you =)

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread