M201 battery cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
One of the downsides to the M201 is the ease with which e-liquid drains into the battery and causes it to start cutting out. A regular blow job and cleaning out with a rolled corner of a tissue, the atty and the charger should get the same treatment, plus approx' horizontal vaping and storage, usually keeps it going without any vapus interuptus.

But, I had one of my 3 batteries-in-rotation, go into cut-out mode yesterday, something they never do, even when chain vaping. Other symptoms were: Atty getting hotter than usual and the draw harder than usual. Did my clean out thing with a tissue and blow job but it still cut out. I checked it out closely with an illuminated magnifier and found it still dirty with e-liquid gunk in places that the tissue can't reach and stuck to this, lint from spare batts being carried in my pocket clogging the side holes.

Solution: Used a nail brush on the face of the battery and pushed the bristles through the side holes. Easy draw now, cooler atty and no more cut-outs...... sorted. :)

PS: First tried to use a steel sowing pin to ungunk the batt....... don't! Unless you want really hot fingers. :D

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
LOL! Appears you know exactly what your saying. Just thought you might need a bit of help with English. I promise to mind my own business and hope I did not insult you in anyway sir.
He he, no, all's good mate and good luck with the the blow jobs........ on your PV batteries of course. :D

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
Thanks for the tip about checking the charger connector. I just started vaping instead of smoking and I quickly noticed that juice got between the battery and atty. Now, when I have to charge a battery, I stuff the corner of a napkin down into it and give it a good twist. Repeat until no juice turns up on napkin.

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread