m401 manual battery ? plus m402 PCC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada
I've been vaping for a little over a month now, using all manual batts; and all of a sudden today one of my 2 401's stopped working. at first i thought that i'd popped an atty because i wasn't getting any vapor, but i switched batts and it worked. i was pressing the button and the LED was lighting up, but it wasn't working any of the attys i had on me at all. has the batt actually died or is it a fixable problem?

also, I've had my PCC for about two weeks, and i tried to use it to recharge a batt (screwed in the batt, the LED flashed as usual, and i closed the lid, then pressed the on button) and when i took out the batt when the other one died there was still five of five bars on what i'm assuming is the power meter for the PCC. yet it did somewhat charge the batt i plugged in. Is this usual?
TIA
ames

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I don't use your type e-cig. But in my experience..it's a dead battery. Do you have a wall charger you can test it with? Have you contacted your retailer for any advice? Are they on ECF? If so (and I highly recommend using approved retailers /suppliers on ECF for your own peace of mind) Then post in their sub forum. There is a 401 section in model specific. They may be able to help!

Try this:
M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini

Best of luck!:)

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
I've been vaping for a little over a month now, using all manual batts; and all of a sudden today one of my 2 401's stopped working. at first i thought that i'd popped an atty because i wasn't getting any vapor, but i switched batts and it worked. i was pressing the button and the LED was lighting up, but it wasn't working any of the attys i had on me at all. has the batt actually died or is it a fixable problem?
I have exactly the same problem. However to add on that after playing a bit the light stopped lighting and I checked it now with a multimeter - the voltage on the contacts is 3.7 even when not pressing the button. So I am guessing something wrong with the manual switch and its stuck?
Left it now filled with some cleaning alcohol, lets see if that changes anything.
I noticed some of the juice was inside in the battery...
Any suggestions, please do.

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan
It's possible that the center contact on the batt has been pushed in just far enough to lose good contact with the atty.

It's set in a rubber (maybe soft plastic) insulating washer/grommet. Try inserting a pin or paper clip into the hole, jam it gently sideways, and try to wiggle/slide the center contact out a bit (gently - dont' break the wire).

Good luck.

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
also, I've had my PCC for about two weeks, and i tried to use it to recharge a batt (screwed in the batt, the LED flashed as usual, and i closed the lid, then pressed the on button) and when i took out the batt when the other one died there was still five of five bars on what i'm assuming is the power meter for the PCC. yet it did somewhat charge the batt i plugged in. Is this usual?
TIA
ames

Are you holding down the button until the red led on the case lights up when you're recharging the battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread