M401 - refills

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
the dipping method seems to produce a lot of flavour as well as smoke.........just a bit tedious

I've only been doing this for 7 days now. I've taken to applying drops directly to the atty bridge (an approximation to 'dipping') in the evenings while I'm at home, this does give good flavor and vapor. And since I'm still exploring flavors, PGvsVG, nic strengths, and juice manufactures, this is nice because it lets me try out a lot of different juices quickly.

But as you say, its a bit tedious for when I'm busily about my day, and i'm really an jones'ing for my fix. I've been leaving the house armed with several refilled carts for that. When one runs out, pop the next in.

There is a lot info on refilling techniques and 'cart mods' in this forum since the stock cart filling material doesn't work very well. I haven't done this yet, but I'm going to try my hand at the "blue foam dart" (BFD) mod this weekend after having asked the 401 users here what they found works well for refilling carts...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...06-looking-m401-cart-mod-recommendations.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/58690-b-f-d-cart-mod.html

MadScientistVapor

Feb 7, 2010
New Hampshire
m401 carts should hold, easily, 8 drops. Sounds like either you've got air in the cart (which will cause wicking problems) or the filler is burnt/worn out.
You should also put 1-2 drops on the atomizer bridge, a damp atty draws better (just like an oil lamp).

I find filling from the bottom with a syringe the cleanest and most foolproof way of refilling carts, and it's really quite simple.

Where do you get a syringe that will suck up the juice? The ones I got from the pharmacy seem to have too thin needles to suck up the oily juice...are there thicker needle sizes available? Are there different syringes sold in different places? If so, where?

monkeyuk

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Bristol

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Where do you get a syringe that will suck up the juice? The ones I got from the pharmacy seem to have too thin needles to suck up the oily juice...are there thicker needle sizes available? Are there different syringes sold in different places? If so, where?

I've tried at a couple of local pharmacies to no avail (they seem to sell in boxes of 100 for insulin type applications)... but... I have found a couple of online options...

1) johnsonscreek has a flex-tip syringe available that looks perfect for this.
Accessories - Flex-tip Cartridge Needle

2) juicyliquid.com will sell you a metal blunt tip syringe
Syringes/Pipettes/Tweezers : JuicyLiquid.com, DIY E-Liquid and Accessories!

I haven't gotten either of these items yet... but they're on my wish list.

Ok, here's what you do with the 401. Take that cartridge out of the mouthpiece and toss it away. Get a small container with a leakproof cap, I find that a plain ol contact lens case works perfectly for this purpose. Put enough juice in the case so when you dip the atty in it only covers the wick of the atty. Dip the atty in there, put the mouthpiece back on and vape away. You will find that one good dip will last longer than a filled cartridge and is way more convenient.You may have to wipe off the area where the mouthpiece meets the atty, but its still way easier than filling those damn carts all the time. Works for me anyway. Good luck and happy vaping!

THANX...Been using a couple m401's from absolutelyecigs.com for a couple months with good results using the pre-filled cartridges that taste like dog doo. Recently got some vg liquid from AmericaneLiquidStore.com and after a half day of use all 3 of my attys took a dump. I was like wtf?. did the cleaning recommends and still nothing. I was topping off the used prefilled cartridges and it worked fine for a couple hours, then caplunk. One after another they died on me. I came across this thread and tried your recommendation and would just like to say, WOW. All 3 attys are working better then ever and I'm getting epic vapor and flavor like never before. :shock:
Now if someone would come out with a red haired sensimilla flavor I'd be stoked. Not trying to take anything away from anyone elses thread if this has been covered before ( cause I'm sure it has been) but this is thread I just happened to come across tonight. Thanx, Species :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread