Anyone have one of these?

blacksmith.jpg

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Do you mean the diamond plate? How is the 510? Does it have vent holes? Have you connected to Escribe and looked for mod resistance or case thermal settings?

I think they look cool too but I would prefer matching buttons like brown for the templar and silver for the diamond plate. Maybe could make wood ones for the templar and 3D printed ones for the diamond.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Yeah same size at the hotcig which has lasted me a day and a half until recharge. Now my homemade with the 2200mah can go for two and a half days but is substantially larger. Here is a size comparison pic.
IMG_4969.jpg

SMY 260, EVIC, DNA40, Seven30, SX mini M, Blacksmith DNA200, Hotcig DNA200, DIY Hammond 1550B DNA200, Guardian II in front.
Best comparison is to the Hotcig.
IMG_4971.jpg

A bit wider, taller, not as deep, and a whole lot heavier. If you like them light, you won't like this.
Clear coated diamond plate and pitted box make for a barely tolerable grip given its heft, but the rubberized coating on the Hotcig grips better.
No vent hole in bottom, old firmware (8/21), no case thermals or mod resistance in Escribe.
Black plastic buttons that contact with board switches. Hotcig has metal faced buttons.
Side plates don't have a gasket.
IMG_4967.jpg

However, battery wasn't completely flat like the Hotcig and obviously no tendancy for the battery pack to wobble or come off.
It comes with a good spring loaded 510 and attys sit flush unlike the Hotcig where I had to install my own 510.
Serial number etched on bottom.
May be difficult to see in photos but side covers are a gunmetal grey color where the rectangular box is black pitted silver. Screws are silver.

Did I mention it is heavy? I'll have to throw it on scales but feels as heavy as my DIY 1550B with a 2200mah.

HTH

ewhiddon

Nov 28, 2015
I originally purchased one of the Blacksmith mods at VaporMania in September off of the MadVapes trailer. I used it for a week and it worked great until on the sixth day of owning i hit the button to fire it and the box shut off. I smelt a burnt smell coming from the box. I contacted MadVapes who said to send it in for repair and did. The said that the board fried due to bad wiring in the box. When i got it back i charged the mod and when I took it of charge and hit the fire button to turn the the screen on it fried the board again (I never even screwed an atty on it much less got to hit it before it fried the bored. I sent it off again and received it back and unboxed it and put it on the charger and after about 2 minutes it fried the board again. I sent it off one last time and asked for a full replacement which took them a month to send me. Again i charged the mod and it worked for all of two hours before the board actually caught on fire. As a curtesy to my fellow vapors and since i was fed up with it and that MadVapes refused to refund me my money i decided to say goodbye to my $200.00 and opened the box up to inspect it to see what the issue was. Upon inspection the lip is wired to the complete wrong end of the board and the opposite side of the board clearly is marked for ground and input on the side wired to the 510. Also the way they had the lipo wired is with the wrong type of connectors for a lipo. So i conclusion the MadVapes DNA's are compete crap and I will never buy anything from them again. Also so people don't say i was using a bad charger or don't know about lipo's, I have 2 other DNA200's (the Tuglyfe by Flawless and Efusion by Lost Vapes) that i use the same charger for with no issues. Also i have run RC trucks for years that use lipo's and know how they need to be properly grounded and the correct connectors to use on them. DO NOT BUY A MADCAPS DNA200.

Reactions: 350ZMO

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I originally purchased one of the Blacksmith mods at VaporMania in September off of the MadVapes trailer. I used it for a week and it worked great until on the sixth day of owning i hit the button to fire it and the box shut off. I smelt a burnt smell coming from the box. I contacted MadVapes who said to send it in for repair and did. The said that the board fried due to bad wiring in the box. When i got it back i charged the mod and when I took it of charge and hit the fire button to turn the the screen on it fried the board again (I never even screwed an atty on it much less got to hit it before it fried the bored. I sent it off again and received it back and unboxed it and put it on the charger and after about 2 minutes it fried the board again. I sent it off one last time and asked for a full replacement which took them a month to send me. Again i charged the mod and it worked for all of two hours before the board actually caught on fire. As a curtesy to my fellow vapors and since i was fed up with it and that MadVapes refused to refund me my money i decided to say goodbye to my $200.00 and opened the box up to inspect it to see what the issue was. Upon inspection the lip is wired to the complete wrong end of the board and the opposite side of the board clearly is marked for ground and input on the side wired to the 510. Also the way they had the lipo wired is with the wrong type of connectors for a lipo. So i conclusion the MadVapes DNA's are compete crap and I will never buy anything from them again. Also so people don't say i was using a bad charger or don't know about lipo's, I have 2 other DNA200's (the Tuglyfe by Flawless and Efusion by Lost Vapes) that i use the same charger for with no issues. Also i have run RC trucks for years that use lipo's and know how they need to be properly grounded and the correct connectors to use on them. DO NOT BUY A MADCAPS DNA200.

Hey thanks for that, I'll have to check mine out and remove those plastic shields you're not supposed to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread