Magma RDA for best flavor???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Lee

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Kansas
www.youtube.com
Ok ladies and gentleman, I am what you would call a "flavor chaser." I used to love clouds, but now I could care less and just want a nice warm FLAVORFUL vape. Right now I have my Magma sitting on my copper nemesis with a nice fresh vtc4 battery. I have it running a dual micro coil, 7 wraps with 26 gauge, resistance is 0.4 ohm. I have it on the middle airflow setting, and the coils are very very close to the airholes underneath. Cotton wicked, and tails hanging down to the bottom of the juice well. I am getting a very warm, flavorful lung fill, and absolutely love it. Coming from a trident, to an omega, than a patriot, and now this beautiful Magma, I am in flavor heaven. Many people are saying that a single coil puts off better flavor. Can anyone explain that? And does anyone have a better recommendation for an amazingly flavorful dripper setup. I am not into spending a ton of money on authentics, so keep the recommendations to clones please. And don't just say, "Plume Veil is the best." Lol explain your reasoning, and sell me on why your build puts off better flavor than my setup. I am only saying this as I want the very best in your mouth flavor I can possibly get. Should I invest in muji Japanese cotton? Should I look for certain ingredients in my juices? Maybe a higher pg to carry more flavor? Please, guide me to the greatest flavor achievable!

Southernfried

Oct 1, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Love my Magma!! Some flavors taste very different in it. Like one I have taste like sweettarts in my Plumeveil and in my Magma it tastes like it's supposed to (cherry pomegranate).Just my :2c:. It's definitely in my daily rotation!! :vapor: Also I use duel 26g 7-8 wrap micro coils with Cotton Man cotton, it's long fibered very soft like hair trimmed about 1mm above the bottom of the well.I only vape high PG liquids.

Last edited:

wa9w00d

Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Dexter, Ga.
Hi Ryan,
Have a FT clone Magma, and I think its great. I did the hypodermic mod, and run without the ring, but put an o-ring on it. I'm running dual coils right now, 1.4 ohm, on a VTR. You asked for opinions on why a single coil might be better for flavor, and even though I'm running dual and love it, I love giving my opinion too :). If you have ever run a regulated mod, you've noticed that every device has a "sweet spot", where flavor, temperature, etc., is just right for you. This means that that coil and wick, with that juice, in that device, is as good as its gonna get. But mods only output one voltage at a time, mech or regulated. You will never make two coils EXACTLY alike, never wick them EXACTLY alike, or mount them EXACTLY the same. Therefore, one of your two coils will always be off its sweet spot, even if the other is on it. It's the nature of parallel electronic components. But, that's just an opinion :)

Ryan Lee

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Kansas
www.youtube.com
Good point. And I agree, it is fun to throw on my old DNA 30 an really try to dial it in. But all in all, I just love my mechs for some reason. They are just so much more comfy, stylish, and indestructable. One thing I did notice, is that the higher you raise the coil up from the airhole, the more throat hit you get. Thanks for the input!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Like chelonian said, wicking affects flavor alot.
How you do the wicking;
how much wicking;
wick material;

the coil build is also going to affect flavor; a dual coil will not be exactly balanced; one's probably going to be hotter than the other;

the material of the hardware may also affect flavor; a steel rda might taste different from a cheap chrome plated brass rda.

and airflow makes alot of difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread