Main difference between Kanger SSOCC and Clapton SSOCC's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
Me personally I´m not satisfied with the nickel coils. Out of a five pack two coils burned within the first hour of use (one with an Istick 40, one with an Istick Pico). It felt like there was no tc at all, but the mod firing with full power. The other three werent satisfying either: The first puffs were decent, but then the resistance dropped constantly and I had to raise the temperature to get anything out of them (at 230 Celsius they were like the regular 0,5 coils with maybe 15 watt...). It seems to me, that nickel coils, due to their low resistance are pretty prone to resistance issues from contacts and the Sub/Toptanks are not suitable for nickel coils. So my first experience with tc was pretty bad. Would like to try the ss coils though.
I was at a vape store and picked up a nickel coil to try. The only TC device I have is a Joyetech Cuboid so once my current Nicrhome dies I'll give it a shot. I was surprised to find it in the old style square head with horizontal coil, figured it would be the round stainless steel type - and I haven't seen a horizontal Kanger coil in ages.

I'll post here again when I test drive it.

Reactions: Shokker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread